SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering trading in my Hellcat Charger for a Challenger Redeye Widebody. Problem is a site like Cars.com just lists "SRT Hellcat" - sorting by Highest Price will typically put the RE WB at top over the standard Hellcat or RE models, but then I have to manually comb through the middle listings/window stickers to find the lowest priced RE WB.
I prefer a low mileage used one that complicates it even more (although I know there won't be many on the market right now).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the Los Angeles area. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,213 Posts
Problem is a site like Cars.com just lists "SRT Hellcat" - sorting by Highest Price will typically put the RE WB at top over the standard Hellcat or RE models, but then I have to manually comb through the middle listings/window stickers to find the lowest priced RE WB.
Easiest way is to get to the VIN on the ad and the 7/8th digit will tell you . .

C9 = Hellcat
L9 = Redeye

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate all the great suggestions! You guys are a lot smarter than me (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like $15k off MSRP for 2k-5k miles is pretty normal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man I just went through this. Sites like cargurus.com and autotrader.com list MOST of the Redeyes for sale, but not ALL. Some dealerships are only on one site, and some aren't on any site. To be absolutely comprehensive, I went to Google Maps, searched for every Dodge dealer in the area, and manually visited each of their websites. Took hours but I really did not want to ship a car in and it gave me a completely accurate overview of exactly what was available within driving distance. Another advantage of this method is that I found a lot of the discounted prices were correctly shown on the dealer's sites but not elsewhere. (Of course some shady dealers advertised bogus discounted prices, but thankfully those are in the minority.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Koons has 10 RE/WBs listed on their website today. Might be worth a search.
And if interested, contact Erica Ramsey there. I bought mine from her from across the country, and she was great to work with. Best price I could find at the time.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Koons has 10 RE/WBs listed on their website today. Might be worth a search.
And if interested, contact Erica Ramsey there. I bought mine from her from across the country, and she was great to work with. Best price I could find at the time.
Thanks, I know their volume of the higher end models is crazy. When I was searching for a Trackhawk they had 25-30 listed. Where is "across the country" from VA for you? I'm in Southern California - was curious about the shipping charges.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks, I know their volume of the higher end models is crazy. When I was searching for a Trackhawk they had 25-30 listed. Where is "across the country" from VA for you? I'm in Southern California - was curious about the shipping charges.
I'm in Oregon. Cost me $1500 to ship on an open trailer. It's supposed to arrive Tuesday. I had originally thought I needed to use an enclosed trailer, but the transport companies convinced me an open trailer was actually better. Yes, the car will get dirty. But in an enclosed trailer the driver has to squeeze by each car in the trailer due to the tight fit, and could easily scratch the car in the process (belt buckles, zippers, and such). Open trailers are used to ship from the factory to the dealers. And shipping on an open trailer is @ half the price vs enclosed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,213 Posts
Just make sure your car is fully insured for anything that can go wrong before you put it on a trailer to be shipped. Most shippers have very restrictive coverages as to what they will pay and not pay for if your car gets damaged and many have learned this the hard way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
Appreciate all the great suggestions! You guys are a lot smarter than me (y)(y)(y)
Just remember when you find one we get a buyer commission 💴

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in Oregon. Cost me $1500 to ship on an open trailer. It's supposed to arrive Tuesday. I had originally thought I needed to use an enclosed trailer, but the transport companies convinced me an open trailer was actually better. Yes, the car will get dirty. But in an enclosed trailer the driver has to squeeze by each car in the trailer due to the tight fit, and could easily scratch the car in the process (belt buckles, zippers, and such). Open trailers are used to ship from the factory to the dealers. And shipping on an open trailer is @ half the price vs enclosed.
The "squeeze by" thing is nonsense, any good enclosed shipper is not going to scratch up their cars this way or they wouldn't be employed for long. Exotics and classics are always shipped enclosed. For a modern $90k car it's more of a toss-up decision, you don't have to worry about it being (not) waterproof or delicate like you do classics, and it's not broadcasting "steal me" like a Lambo in the open air would.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The "squeeze by" thing is nonsense, any good enclosed shipper is not going to scratch up their cars this way or they wouldn't be employed for long. Exotics and classics are always shipped enclosed. For a modern $90k car it's more of a toss-up decision, you don't have to worry about it being (not) waterproof or delicate like you do classics, and it's not broadcasting "steal me" like a Lambo in the open air would.
I don't disagree, but finding that "any good enclosed shipper" is not as easy as one might think. After some extensive searching and research, I found only one that didn't seem to have any negative feedback, and that was Intercity Lines. But I would have had to wait almost a month before they could pick up my car. And their quote was quite a bit higher than any others I received. There were others that were well regarded, but they weren't servicing any cross-country routes. On the other hand, U-Ship seems to be the bargain basement for auto shipping. But I had used them once for a motorcycle, and swore never again after that experience.
Since I don't have my car yet, I can't comment on the shipper I chose. It's scheduled to arrive Tuesday, so I'm withholding judgement until then.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
20 Posts
Fly in and drive it home. Great way to learn the car. Bought my '15 Charger HC in Sept. '15 in Arlington TX when they were out of production at FCA . Rerouted a return flight from the east coast to land at DFW and the dealer sales girl picked me up. Was on the road to AZ in 1.5 hours and was a great trip. Got 22 MPG and raced Corvette down deserted I10 in southern NM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts