SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently at 8k and I want to change stock Pirelli to something better. I was thinking 555r but I want a tire that lasts longer. My car is also a lease so I’m not planning on changing stock rim size. Any recommendations? I was looking at Michelin ps4 or some conti. Thank you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,810 Posts
I went from the Pzero to Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Not the cheapest but night and day performance difference from the Pirelli summer tires. Really good tread wear too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
91 Posts
I went from the Pzero to Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Not the cheapest but night and day performance difference from the Pirelli summer tires. Really good tread wear too.

i can 2nd the Continental Extreme Contact Sports, great tire for summer use. I still use my Pzero's in the winter months.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
112 Posts
Went with the firstone Indy500. Very, very happy with them, great grip. Definitly much better than my stock all season P's.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I was thinking between this and PS4 for the rear. Would I be able to up it to 285? Thank you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,810 Posts
Okay I was thinking between this and PS4 for the rear. Would I be able to up it to 285? Thank you.
I have (had) 9.5” wheels on my SRT and 285’s on all fours. Perfect look and fit IMO.

With new wheels, now run with 285’s on front (9.5” wheel) and 305’s in back (11” wheel). Still on Conti’s though.

Lance Scott CDCC @ CSP g.jpg

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
I Absolutely love the PS4S , but tried the 555r2 in June and have been in love ever since. Doesn't last as long as the ps4s, but way cheaper to replace (about 2 or 3 times), considering the 555r2 pairs with the g2 up front and last a long while at a fraction of the price.
I'm sticking with 555r2 until my next build phase power can't be put down, then I'll look for something stickier, if that exists without compromise on rain traction

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have (had) 9.5” wheels on my SRT and 285’s on all fours. Perfect look and fit IMO.

With new wheels, now run with 285’s on front (9.5” wheel) and 305’s in back (11” wheel). Still on Conti’s though.

View attachment 560501

Beautiful cat I have a charger. 2018 with 5 spoke. If I decided to go with replica rears you think its worth it for a lease? I have 2 years left with the car. I also have no idea how to set up tpms and would I need spacers? I would want to run 305 in back.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,810 Posts
Beautiful cat I have a charger. 2018 with 5 spoke. If I decided to go with replica rears you think its worth it for a lease? I have 2 years left with the car. I also have no idea how to set up tpms and would I need spacers? I would want to run 305 in back.
Mine’s a lowered SRT392. Got the new wheels from Velgen and they sent proper fit wheels with no questions asked and great fit. Don’t know what offsets they gave me but was spot on.

I’d go for it on a lease car. Easy enough to put the OE setup back on when done.

I went with all new Schrader TPMS valves. Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones. I also have the tire shop test the valves prior to mounting to make sure they’re working.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't know if you care, but these weigh 29lb, stock are 24lb, so thats 5lb additional per corner
I don’t really mind the little weight. Will be for street use only and maybe track sometimes. And these seem very liked in the community for cheap. Planning on getting some conti contact sport 305’s for them.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine’s a lowered SRT392. Got the new wheels from Velgen and they sent proper fit wheels with no questions asked and great fit. Don’t know what offsets they gave me but was spot on.

I’d go for it on a lease car. Easy enough to put the OE setup back on when done.

I went with all new Schrader TPMS valves. Stay away from those cheap Chinese ones. I also have the tire shop test the valves prior to mounting to make sure they’re working.
I’m just gonna have them put my oe sensors on the rears. And im
Gonna make sure it works before I leave.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
I don’t really mind the little weight. Will be for street use only and maybe track sometimes. And these seem very liked in the community for cheap. Planning on getting some conti contact sport 305’s for them.
Sounds good, just wanted to make sure you were making an informed decision. I haven't heard anything negative about them either

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
476 Posts
I Absolutely love the PS4S , but tried the 555r2 in June and have been in love ever since. Doesn't last as long as the ps4s, but way cheaper to replace (about 2 or 3 times), considering the 555r2 pairs with the g2 up front and last a long while at a fraction of the price.
I'm sticking with 555r2 until my next build phase power can't be put down, then I'll look for something stickier, if that exists without compromise on rain traction
I was thinking of going from 555r to Pilot Sport 4S. I don't know if I'd be happy with the reduced traction off the line. I use the 555r at the strip. How different is the launch traction??

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
I was thinking of going from 555r to Pilot Sport 4S. I don't know if I'd be happy with the reduced traction off the line. I use the 555r at the strip. How different is the launch traction??
Uhhh, lol, the ps4s definitely doesn't grip as well off the line as the 555r2, in my experience. I had them heat cycled and they were like glue. I can't speak to the 555r1 , but I've been told that the r2 are a big improvement. There wers a couple of people that commented on my review thread of them that have had both, i would ask them. But like I said, I really really love the ps4s of you feel like dropping twice t he money

1 - 20 of 35 Posts