SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,098 Posts
the ps4s was about 1600 for all 4, stock size, the 555r2 and g2 front combo (heat cycled) was 950 shipped .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
I Absolutely love the PS4S , but tried the 555r2 in June and have been in love ever since. Doesn't last as long as the ps4s, but way cheaper to replace (about 2 or 3 times), considering the 555r2 pairs with the g2 up front and last a long while at a fraction of the price.
I'm sticking with 555r2 until my next build phase power can't be put down, then I'll look for something stickier, if that exists without compromise on rain traction

Just curious do you think those 555r2 tires you have on won’t be able to handle the power your car will have on your next build?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,098 Posts
Just curious do you think those 555r2 tires you have on won’t be able to handle the power your car will have on your next build?
Great question, im told no, and I believe it lol. I can only speak on the experience of the tires with stock power (JLT intake and SW cat deletes only). That said, as a DD, i camt expect too much.out of any DD tire. I live in a place with a bunch of rain. That said, I prefer to have wet traction over performance traction. So, if push comes to shove and the tires can't handle the load, I will be switching to the more expensive ps4s.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,338 Posts
Can anyone get a drag Radial to 60 in less than 3.3 seconds consistently on the streets? Are you confident in the rain?

A 4S will last twice as long as any drag radial. You can even get a mileage warranty! So any cost comparisons need to consider that. Current experience with the 4S is over 6000 miles easy, not 25% worn yet, rears on a Redeye WB. It will be back for its third season next year. I may use them on the track (road track) as my rears in a couple of weeks I like them so much. I just hope the wheels will not bust up.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,098 Posts
Agreed
Can anyone get a drag Radial to 60 in less than 3.3 seconds consistently on the streets? Are you confident in the rain?

A 4S will last twice as long as any drag radial. You can even get a mileage warranty! So any cost comparisons need to consider that. Current experience with the 4S is over 6000 miles easy, not 25% worn yet, rears on a Redeye WB. It will be back for its third season next year. I may use them on the track (road track) as my rears in a couple of weeks I like them so much. I just hope the wheels will not bust up.
Agreed, I ran 2 sets of ps4s through my 950rwhp mustang with no wet traction issues, at about 3 times the price of my 555r2

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
81 Posts
Great question, im told no, and I believe it lol. I can only speak on the experience of the tires with stock power (JLT intake and SW cat deletes only). That said, as a DD, i camt expect too much.out of any DD tire. I live in a place with a bunch of rain. That said, I prefer to have wet traction over performance traction. So, if push comes to shove and the tires can't handle the load, I will be switching to the more expensive ps4s.

I see, I noticed you mentioned you have your tires in the 275 size maybe look into a set of bigger replica wheels for the rear and throw some wider 305’s might help? After my set of tires go I was thinking 275 all around with the G2 up front and 555r2 in the rear but I kinda want 305 in the rear and I might have no choice to buy 10.5 or 11 inch factory replica wheels to fit that even though some have fit 305 on the stock 9.5 inch wheel but for peace of mind having a set of FR wheels for the rear would probably be the smarter thing to do.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,098 Posts
I see, I noticed you mentioned you have your tires in the 275 size maybe look into a set of bigger replica wheels for the rear and throw some wider 305’s might help? After my set of tires go I was thinking 275 all around with the G2 up front and 555r2 in the rear but I kinda want 305 in the rear and I might have no choice to buy 10.5 or 11 inch factory replica wheels to fit that even though some have fit 305 on the stock 9.5 inch wheel but for peace of mind having a set of FR wheels for the rear would probably be the smarter thing to do.
Makes sense, I was thinking of picking up some brass monket in larger diameter. Also looking to a driveshaft for help

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
24 Posts
I went from the Pzero to Continental Extreme Contact Sport. Not the cheapest but night and day performance difference from the Pirelli summer tires. Really good tread wear too.
Continental Extreme Contact Sports, nice daily driving tire, and the pro rated mileage warranty is the icing on top. Been buying them since July 2017.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts