SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I live in the North East with temperatures dropping pretty low. I don’t plan on driving in the snow but my slicks aren’t appropriate. I’m looking for some advice on what tires would work in the cold weather. All season, Winter or snow. All advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
156 Posts
I've been driving my Hellcat just about every day so far this winter here in WI, and I have to say, if there's even a bit of snow/slush/ice on the ground, the stock all-season tires are just about useless. It's a little better if you run the car in Eco mode, but there's just no grip at all. If the roads are just dry and cold, then it's fine if you're really light on the throttle. I've had a couple of times where I went maybe 1/4 throttle instead of 1/8 and it was like I was driving on ice, and that was on completely dry roads. To be fair, it was like -5 out, so I assume most all-season tires weren't performing very well on days like that.

If this was my only vehicle and I had to use it to get around no matter the weather, I would definitely get a set of winter tires. However, I have a 2014 Focus SE with winter tires on it, so I can switch to that if the roads are bad. Thankfully I've only had to drive it to work once (80 mile roundtrip commute), and it quickly reminded me why I bought the Hellcat, and where the extra $50k in MSRP went when comparing the two cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts