SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got screwed by the dealer out of my new 2020 REDEYE , I’ve just been bouncing around the net looking at used hellcats as well...
So I was wondering what everyone’s opinion is on which yr is the best to buy and why ?
You can even throw in the REDEYE too if ya want ...
Thks ..

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,790 Posts
Ever since I got screwed by the dealer out of my new 2020 REDEYE , I’ve just been bouncing around the net looking at used hellcats as well...
So I was wondering what everyone’s opinion is on which yr is the best to buy and why ?
Thks ..

• Get one that is still under the 3yr/36,000mi bumper-to-bumper and 5yr/60,000mi powertrain warranty -or- extended warranty
  • Price standpoint, 2015 HC with 77,000+ miles has a trade-in value about 54% of the invoice price when it was new with 7 miles. Brand new, there is ~10% depreciation difference between previous model year (e.g. 2021 vs 2020)
  • 2019+ received underbelly brake ducts, power chiller, revised hood
  • 2018+ received the new body control module/electrical architecture/electric power steering/UConnect/updated air intake
  • 2017+ received a revised driveshaft/improved carrier bearing
  • 2015-2016 went through several fixable recalls - Hellcat Known Issues
From your situation, sounds like you're looking for a HC that will give you the least amount of hassle/worry free and most enjoyment. I'd say a 2019+ model.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
Honestly there's no best or worst year outside of the overstated supercharger bearing issues on the early models imo. If it were me I'd just go as new as possible. Reliability is great with all years really but the newer ones have upgraded options and a hair more power.

Reactions: CRKFIEND

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another note is I normally mod everything I’ve ever had my last vehicle new I blew the warranty at 20miles I separated the frame from the body modded the frame removed all the factory braking other than abs etc,installed a air suspension tuned & threw the kitchen table at it, the two previous vehicles new prior to that, had blowers installed the same week, SRT10,& a RT RAM.even my ZL1 had a extra 200 hp the 2nd week I owned it..
So it’s pretty safe to say unless it’s a REDEYE it’s getting tuned & pulleys the same day I sign for it ,although even that I would probably get a tune simply due to the driving benefits I normally experience..
So there’s that to consider..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

• Get one that is still under the 3yr/36,000mi bumper-to-bumper and 5yr/60,000mi powertrain warranty -or- extended warranty
  • Price standpoint, 2015 HC with 77,000+ miles has a trade-in value about 54% of the invoice price when it was new with 7 miles. Brand new, there is ~10% depreciation difference between previous model year (e.g. 2021 vs 2020)
  • 2019+ received underbelly brake ducts, power chiller, revised hood
  • 2018+ received the new body control module/electrical architecture/electric power steering/UConnect/updated air intake
  • 2017+ received a revised driveshaft/improved carrier bearing
  • 2015-2016 went through several fixable recalls - Hellcat Known Issues
From your situation, sounds like you're looking for a HC that will give you the least amount of hassle/worry free and most enjoyment. I'd say a 2019+ model.
That known issues is enough to scare some ppl ,lol..

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,824 Posts
From a feature and update standpoint, the newer the better. From a price standpoint, you'll have to shop around to see where your budget ends.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
661 Posts
How many times has a new car salesman said to you "What will it take to put you in a new car today?". If I recall correctly, every one.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would stay '19 or newer but with fewest unmodified miles as possible. Then you can modify as you like. If you can't find a decent deal then I would go new, too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,040 Posts
2018. Has most of the early fixes AND got Android Auto and Apple Carplay natively.

First year for the Widebody too, and the ONLY year with the Widebody and the original Hellcat hood. In 2019 they went to the raisin bran hood (two scoops).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thks ..
How did you get screwed out of the 2020 Redeye? I’m curious as I am looking to order a hellcat

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thks ..
Right now they are offering $10 / HP ($7900) and most dealers with 2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody cars are giving a $3000 - $4000 incentive. I did the same thing for my 2019 RE WB. I found my perfect car (Sublime Green, black hood, red Brembos) in Troy Michigan, sitting on a dealers lot. I had my local guys (Johnson Auto Plaza, Brighton CO) contact them and make a dealer to dealer buy. Reliable Transport brought the car to my house. But I had to work my ass off on the internet / phone finding the car and putting the deal together. Figure out your top 3 favorite colors, search dealerships on the internet like a fiend and have your local dealer finalize the deal. But you will have to move quick, from an internet search most of the 2020s are gone.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Right now they are offering $10 / HP ($7900) and most dealers with 2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody cars are giving a $3000 - $4000 incentive. I did the same thing for my 2019 RE WB. I found my perfect car (Sublime Green, black hood, red Brembos) in Troy Michigan, sitting on a dealers lot. I had my local guys (Johnson Auto Plaza, Brighton CO) contact them and make a dealer to dealer buy. Reliable Transport brought the car to my house. But I had to work my ass off on the internet / phone finding the car and putting the deal together. Figure out your top 3 favorite colors, search dealerships on the internet like a fiend and have your local dealer finalize the deal. But you will have to move quick, from an internet search most of the 2020s are gone.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts