SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the stock 305 nitto 555’s that came on the wide body but I often hit it and the car barely hooks the other day I was driving and hit it at 95mph multiple times and the car fish tails if I dont release my foot off the peddle I’m sure the car would’ve lost complete control I need some good advise on better tires and how to get this thing to hook even some decent mods for making it hook

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
303 Posts
Get M/T street R's in 315/35/17 they will work better but they are softer and will wear faster....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
955 Posts
Mods that’s gonna be done so far is a upper and lower pulley 1200cc injectors and some mild tuning I’m trying to keep the stock rim
I'm confused. So you already have those mods on your car or are you planning on getting those mods?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
955 Posts
All mods are ordered and on they’re way so some time by next month they’ll all be installed
There's no way the car is spinning the tires at 95mph on stock power unless the road is wet. Also, they come with pirelli tires from the factory, not nittos. Is this a troll post? Lol. Just in case this is actually legitimate, I'd recommend the 305 35 20 mickey Thompson ss tires if you're dead set on keeping 20's. Should be able to hook in 3rd gear, maybe (big maybe) 2nd gear after the mods. Will likely hook at 20 while you're stock, they did with me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's no way the car is spinning the tires at 95mph on stock power unless the road is wet. Also, they come with pirelli tires from the factory, not nittos. Is this a troll post? Lol. Just in case this is actually legitimate, I'd recommend the 305 35 20 mickey Thompson ss tires if you're dead set on keeping 20's. Should be able to hook in 3rd gear, maybe (big maybe) 2nd gear after the mods. Will likely hook at 20 while you're stock, they did with me.
Defiantly not a troll post my dealer put these on the car and yeah I expected the same thing but I have 3 witnesses watching the car spin at 95mph on a dry road with no mods right now

·
Registered
238 Posts
Defiantly not a troll post my dealer put these on the car and yeah I expected the same thing but I have 3 witnesses watching the car spin at 95mph on a dry road with no mods right now View attachment 558409
Have you checked the date on those tires? You should definitely not be spinning at 95 mph. I have 275/40/20 Michellin PS4s on my car and have no problems with traction unless I floor it in 1st or 2nd gear.

Maybe check the tire pressure too. I got my tires at discount tire and they put them at 42psi and they performed terrible until I dropped them back down to 32.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked the date on those tires? You should definitely not be spinning at 95 mph. I have 275/40/20 Michellin PS4s on my car and have no problems with traction unless I floor in 1st or 2nd gear.
Well they’re about 2 years old cause the car is but the car hasn’t really been driven and hasn’t really been raced it only has 2400 miles on it

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,768 Posts
Youre not spinning fresh tires at 95. Those things must be hard as a rock. These cars are powerful but not THAT powerful. I have a RE WB and it’s not spinning at 95.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
955 Posts
Defiantly not a troll post my dealer put these on the car and yeah I expected the same thing but I have 3 witnesses watching the car spin at 95mph on a dry road with no mods right now View attachment 558409
You have defective tires then. Even bald, shitty, all season pirellis will hook at 95 mph. That said, any street tire will be worthless after pullies and tuned.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well they’re about 2 years old cause the car is but the car hasn’t really been driven and hasn’t really been raced it only has 2400 miles on it
Just because the car is 2 years old doesn't mean the tires are too. They could've been manufactured years before they were purchased and installed on the car.

With some Google fu you can figure out how to read the numbers on the side and find out when they were manufactured.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Drop em to 32 psi or even 30

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just because the car is 2 years old doesn't mean the tires are too. They could've been manufactured years before they were purchased and installed on the car.

With some Google fu you can figure out how to read the numbers on the side and find out when they were manufactured.
Good advise I’m gonna check into that now maybe the tires are too old and defective

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,063 Posts
Those are G2’s. I suppose under the right conditions they COULD spin. I run a 555r (not the G2’s) on the street and they are fantastic. You wouldn’t get anywhere near the tread life out of them as the G2’s but they usually keep the tires planted unless I want them to spin.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
955 Posts
Those are G2’s. I suppose under the right conditions they COULD spin. I run a 555r (not the G2’s) on the street and they are fantastic. You wouldn’t get anywhere near the tread life out of them as the G2’s but they usually keep the tires planted unless I want them to spin.
Yeah, in a wet condition lol. Or maybe bald, over inflated and in freezing conditions

1 - 20 of 66 Posts