SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody get a Black Ghost at MSRP?

Some of the SEMA Ghost reactions have been brutal but many collector cars have been odd looking for their time.

The consensus i’ve heard from experienced traders is that the Ghost (after the Demon) will be the greatest Hellcat in value (in part, because of the bizarre vinyl alligator roof).

Agree?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,467 Posts
Meh. Only time will tell but with ridiculous ADM’s I dont see it paying off anytime soon, but that’s just me.

· Banned
1,027 Posts

Some of the SEMA Ghost reactions have been brutal but many collector cars have been odd looking for their time.

The consensus i’ve heard from experienced traders is that the Ghost (after the Demon) will be the greatest Hellcat in value (in part, because of the bizarre vinyl alligator roof).

Agree?
Uniqueness can be the key to future collectibles. The story behind the ghost and the homage to the original may be the key here.

· Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Local CDJR PB said those allocations they are reserving for instate and returning customers, that's on all six SE's. Thay are all getting mark-ups, I think these guys are trying to figure how much without turning away potential future sales.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
363 Posts
I really think the Black Ghost will hold value regardless if it’s a sticker car. The story is much better than the tribute car itself, Dodge missed on options and features IMO. From a performance issue it’s great, but the purists will always want more to separate it’s from the standard REWB JB so I get it. Dodge just didn’t get that done.

I wanted a Ghost myself called many dealers when launched like many....wasn’t in the cards. Then tried to get Super Stock my best offer was 20k over or some auction game I wasn’t into doing. So onto Jail Break, secured one at 3k over sticker 100 miles away. Honestly will have a much nicer to ME car than Ghost as it’s every I wanted, which is no different performance. The difference is Ghost will always be worth more based upon limited availability.

So many will pay 10-20k more for JB or SS so in my opinion 30k for a Ghost is within reason. I’m not that person to pay that much more but after all MSRP is a rip off , these cars aren’t worth 100k yet Dodge will sell nearly every HO before they rivet the first Last Call plate under the hood when production starts.

Like it or not Ghosts will always command more, doesn’t make them nicer...just SPECIAL.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
5,025 Posts

Agree?
It doesn't have a vinyl alligator roof. It has a sticker that looks like a vinyl alligator roof. The 3M vinyl Dodge uses is a 7 or 9 year vinyl. These special editions will have dry rotted and cracked vinyls inside of 10 years. When that happens... wave goodbye to your original collector car rating when you have to have it replaced with an aftermarket one... because 50 units made, Dodge isn't going to frontload any new old stock vinyl stickers for these cars.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
5,025 Posts
^interesting. That’s a very serious charge.

Not saying you’re wrong but could you provide a link about the specific roof material Dodge is using to support your statement?
I don't know for certain which vinyl they are using for the Black Ghost. However, for the T/A stripes and the factory racing stripes, they use 7-year rated 3M 1080 vinyl. 7-9 years is the max for most manufacturers. CF and metallic stripes are usually 5-year vinyl.

Keep in mind that the year ratings on vinyls don't mean that they'll fall off the car at their expected end-of-life date. This generally means that, on average, by the time the vinyls reach their expected lifespan, they become hard and dry. Anyone who has owned a car with substantial vinyl knows how this works. In 3-5 years, the vinyls can be replaced fairly easily with minimal fuss in getting them off. Once the vinyl fully dehydrates, removing them is akin to stripping paint and it requires solvents. They won't peel off at that age and instead chip off. When they get to this state, they start to crack, peel and lift up at the edges. They become fragile and brittle and are extremely susceptible to additional wear and damage.

When I ordered my 2020 Hellcat, this is the prime reason I opted for the painted satin graphics instead of vinyl.

For the Black Ghost, I'm assuming they're using 3M vinyl, as it is the gold standard for vinyl applications.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts