SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that several owners have recently wrapped their hoods or are inquiring about it. I know it's not for everybody but one look and I was hooked. I got mine wrapped the second day. There's a huge change in attitude IMO. I think a gallery of black hoods might be in order. Here's mine before and after.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Dodge challenger
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,255 Posts
I agree about the "change in attitude"! The Black hood looks great! Hopefully mine will be done before the end of the week. Should have quote today and hopefully on the schedule for Friday. Enjoy it to the max!

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
I love the white with a black hood! Totally BADDASS! I almost went with white for that reason!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,255 Posts
I love the white with a black hood! Totally BADDASS! I almost went with white for that reason!
Respectfully disagreeing, Abe. Sublime with a Black hood is MORE BADDASS! (Sorry Mopar Phil) (But you already knew that, Abe!! :cool:)

Reactions: Jungle Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,255 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
Respectfully disagreeing, Abe. Sublime with a Black hood is MORE BADDASS! (Sorry Mopar Phil) (But you already knew that, Abe!! :cool:)
ALMOST went with the white n black :cool::D anyway, they ALL look BADDASS with black hoods! :D :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
101 Posts
I see that several owners have recently wrapped their hoods or are inquiring about it. I know it's not for everybody but one look and I was hooked. I got mine wrapped the second day. There's a huge change in attitude IMO. I think a gallery of black hoods might be in order. Here's mine before and after. View attachment 9283 View attachment 9284 View attachment 9287
Really nice moparphil! The black really stand out with white car. Is it matte or satin? And if some of you have a black on black wrap post pics pls!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really nice moparphil! The black really stand out with white car. Is it matte or satin? And if some of you have a black on black wrap post pics pls!
Mine is 3M satin black.

We need more photos posted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Both yours and Abe's look really cool with the black hood. I'm deciding what to do for mine. I'm concerned about how hard it will be to keep the black hood clean. I had black cars before and while they look awesome, I was always upset with how they showed dirt.

What do you guys/girls find with dirt/water marks on satin black hoods?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
I see that several owners have recently wrapped their hoods or are inquiring about it. I know it's not for everybody but one look and I was hooked. I got mine wrapped the second day. There's a huge change in attitude IMO. I think a gallery of black hoods might be in order. Here's mine before and after. View attachment 9283 View attachment 9284 View attachment 9287
The Black Hood is so "Retro" and gives the car an attitude that is worthy of the "Hellcat" name tag. BTW: The color is Satin Black and the product is 3M. I actually ordered mine with the "Satin Black Hood" but it was delivered with the Green. When the dealer called the manufacture rep he was told the the factory was recommending "Satin Black 3M" and it's a perfect match.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
Avery Satin Black. Perfect match to the spoiler, possibly better than 3M. Just got it done today. Maintenance should be easier than the painted equivalent, which I had on my last car.

Reactions: Q5Dart

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
I would like to find something to use on it.. it shows EVERYTHING! every fingerprint, spec of dirt

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
I would like to find something to use on it.. it shows EVERYTHING! every fingerprint, spec of dirt
I used Dr. Beasley products, made specifically for matte/satin finishes, when I had my hood painted on the last car. These are even listed as a recommended product in the satin black TSB PDF. I bought the motorcycle kit as I didn't need enough for the full car. Simple glass cleaner works well for touch ups. Otherwise their cleaner and sealant did a good job.

Matte Car Care Products

Motorcycle kit:

Mini Matte Kit

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
I used Dr. Beasley products, made specifically for matte/satin finishes, when I had my hood painted on the last car. These are even listed as a recommended product in the satin black TSB PDF. I bought the motorcycle kit as I didn't need enough for the full car. Simple glass cleaner works well for touch ups. Otherwise their cleaner and sealant did a good job.

Matte Car Care Products

Motorcycle kit:

Mini Matte Kit
cool thanks, ill look into them! I might need a Semi truck kit for mine!

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts

Matte Car Care Products

Motorcycle kit:

Mini Matte Kit
Whoa! OK ill stick to the fingerprints for now.. they don't bother me that much! LOL ill keep lookin for something cheaper

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.