SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm hoping that you can help me out. I think I have decided on pulling the trigger on a Hellcat Charger in the next few months, and have started shopping around. I have noticed that the high impact colors are a little hard to find. Anyway, I have found a Plum Crazy and a B5 Blue, but both have black roofs. The dealers don't have any pics that show the roof so I am struggling a bit with trying to picture it. Google hasn't helped either. Does anybody have a black roof only car that can post some pics to help me visualize? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,195 Posts
It's gloss black paint unlike the satin black used with the graphics packages but matches the sunroof better. The black paint is done at the Upfitter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's gloss black paint unlike the satin black used with the graphics packages but matches the sunroof better. The black paint is done at the Upfitter.

I was also curious about this, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
397 Posts
The look notwithstanding...
It costs $1,500 !
o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
397 Posts
Absolutely, but...
You could also have the roof wrapped in gloss black for a couple hundred.
I tried to talk my buddy into that for his hood, but he still paid the $2,000 for the satin paint.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely, but...
You could also have the roof wrapped in gloss black for a couple hundred.
I tried to talk my buddy into that for his hood, but he still paid the $2,000 for the satin paint.
True, and that thought has crossed my mind as well. I was looking for photos to give me an idea of what it would like. Just trying to be sure. I know the best way would be to just order a car, but I don't know if I could wait, lol!! I love the high impact colors, but I am also really liking that Frostbite blue. So conflicted, but things gotta fall just right to pull the trigger this year, so my fingers are crossed that I have to make a really hard choice!! 😂

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
I really like the black roof on mine. When it's clean, it looks like a sheet of glass! The downside is, it's black. You have to keep up with cleaning. It'll waterspot if you're not careful. Black is nice but it shows EVERYTHING.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
771 Posts
When we ordered the 15 for the wife there was zero pictures of the black roof treatment so we went out on the limb and checked the block. I’m so glad we did. almost 5 years later I still like it. while I normally don’t keep a car this long but I’m sure a wrap wouldn’t have held up.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,586 Posts
True, and that thought has crossed my mind as well. I was looking for photos to give me an idea of what it would like. Just trying to be sure. I know the best way would be to just order a car, but I don't know if I could wait, lol!! I love the high impact colors, but I am also really liking that Frostbite blue. So conflicted, but things gotta fall just right to pull the trigger this year, so my fingers are crossed that I have to make a really hard choice!! 😂
I like the Gloss Black with the Sunroof and I absolutely LOVE the Frostbite Blue color on a WideBody Charger!

Good Luck with your decision!

Linda :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
A wrap will hold up if you take care of it. Had the roof wrapped gloss black on my scat pack in 2015. Had the car 2.5 years and the wrap looked as good as new when i sold it.

You honestly can't tell the difference between a wrapped roof and a painted one IF the wrap is done correctly.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,412 Posts
Not sure about the CHARGERS but on the Challengers (like the T/A) The roof and trunk are Wrapped and only the hood is painted. IMO it looks good but the paint is relatively easy to mess up if you are too agressive with it. I had mine Cquartzed and there was zero to worry about.

Wrapping it is cheaper than ordering the graphics pkg and is reversible.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,195 Posts
Not sure about the CHARGERS but on the Challengers (like the T/A) The roof and trunk are Wrapped and only the hood is painted. IMO it looks good but the paint is relatively easy to mess up if you are too agressive with it. I had mine Cquartzed and there was zero to worry about.

Wrapping it is cheaper than ordering the graphics pkg and is reversible.
True on the T/A but on other Challengers with the Graphics Package it's all paint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts