SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had kind of a funny thing occur- me and my mom were watching videos of me pulling switchblades (180's)and she chimed in and said that was cool, but that my exhaust sound didnt fit my vehicle very well (she felt there was too much treble with full throttle). I had stock exhaust and i thought it sounded solid, so i told her she was nuts.
I sit down with my wife and watch the video, and low and behold she's right, the pitch was not "low" enough. So after dealing with several sponsors my club settled on a company called black widow. So i got myself a set f their 3" race venoms, and deleted the resonators- holy cow, what a difference... my car isn't a whole lot louder, but the presence of those low gutteral frequencies is so hard to catch. It just has that old school throaty blub, blub, blub sound- i have a before and after video i need edit and post up. No joke i couldn't be happier with my choice, and i dont really detect any additional cabin drone. I'll post a video, but a cell phone wont really do it justice.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
x6

Are we there yet?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Cat sounds gnarly just the way it is.. I guess if u have deep pockets why not, but when I'm on that thing, it's plenty loud and deep. What more could u be looking for?

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
-1 for using highly annoying green colored font...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Cat sounds gnarly just the way it is.. I guess if u have deep pockets why not, but when I'm on that thing, it's plenty loud and deep. What more could u be looking for?
I was looking for a less treble based sound and a more bass heavy rumble- my volume wasn't really affected, but the low frequencies came right thru

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you replaced the rear resonators with these BW mufflers? I have been doing some research as well as I don't like the higher RPM range with the muffler deletes. Low end sounds great but not WOT. Look forward to your video, hopefully you can capture some WOT pulls in your video.
I replaced the mufflers i had and deleted the resonators- i thought about axle back mufflers, but i was told by the guys in the muffler shop that the low throaty sound i wanted would come from the muffler being closer to the headers and not form deleting the mufflers and replacing the resonators with mufflers.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
You could be even more annoying and post in white.....

:p

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 30 Posts