SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the weekend so it was time for a drive in my M6 hellcat, I went to the coffee shop the other weekend and when I left I tried to start the car but it would’nt start. It gave me an initial crank and stopped thought it’s the battery, replaced the battery and it still didn’t fix it.

took it to the dealership and they told me the supercharger was jammed, the rotors inside were damaged and apparently they can’t be replaced.

they quoted me an insane price which shocked me I initially thought the service advisor was joking around he told me it would have to be replaced which would cost me around 25,000$ to replace.

so I told him to replace the started while I order a new supercharger and ill pull out the car from the dealership to install it somewhere else.

please note: my cat has 6000miles on her.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Its the weekend so it was time for a drive in my M6 hellcat, I went to the coffee shop the other weekend and when I left I tried to start the car but it would’nt start. It gave me an initial crank and stopped thought it’s the battery, replaced the battery and it still didn’t fix it.

took it to the dealership and they told me the supercharger was jammed, the rotors inside were damaged and apparently they can’t be replaced.

they quoted me an insane price which shocked me I initially thought the service advisor was joking around he told me it would have to be replaced which would cost me around 25,000$ to replace.

so I told him to replace the started while I order a new supercharger and ill pull out the car from the dealership to install it somewhere else.

please note: my cat has 6000miles on her.
What year? Maybe under warranty yet?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,070 Posts
No extended warranty? I still have 2yrs. These cars have known SC problems Get a hold of SRT or Dodge cares. This should be free.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,525 Posts
25k? Cmon an entire engine costs less than that.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
6000 miles?

Throw it at the dealer and tell them it's replace at their cost or a nice, big, fat lawsuit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
939 Posts
You can get a used, low mileage blower for less than 2k. Not very hard to swap either (less than 1 hr). Crazy they're quoting you 25k. Really, Wtf

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,512 Posts
Used blowers are going for $1200 to 1500 on average. They are all over.

Reactions: BlownM6

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No extended warranty? I still have 2yrs. These cars have known SC problems Get a hold of SRT or Dodge cares. This should be free.
They told me it would have been free if it was under warranty! But unfortunately that’s why I’m here

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
6000 miles?

Throw it at the dealer and tell them it's replace at their cost or a nice, big, fat lawsuit.
Yes unfortunately its not under warranty but it’s now modded so its not possible so to go fight them over it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder how modified a car with 6k miles is. Having the blower fail after parking it for a while seems weird.
Actually it wasn’t parked for a while I drive it every weekend which makes it even weirder!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can get a used, low mileage blower for less than 2k. Not very hard to swap either (less than 1 hr). Crazy they're quoting you 25k. Really, Wtf
I’ll swap it myself actually but I was just super shocked at the quote it’s 28k to be exact!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts