SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a catastrophic engine failure during the 2020 Limitless Supercar Shoot-Out. Basically, my pistons melted. Anyway, I turned my Hellcat over to a local shop and today was the first time I've seen my engine in person since the day it broke down (June 2020). The builder doesn't know what the blue is. I've asked a couple of my local car friends what the blue is but they don't know either. Does anyone here know what the blue paint is? I've owned the car since brand new and the engine has never been out of the engine bay until the repair started last summer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,018 Posts
I had a catastrophic engine failure during the 2020 Limitless Supercar Shoot-Out. Basically, my pistons melted. Anyway, I turned my Hellcat over to a local shop and today was the first time I've seen my engine in person since the day it broke down (June 2020). The builder doesn't know what the blue is. I've asked a couple of my local car friends what the blue is but they don't know either. Does anyone here know what the blue paint is? I've owned the car since brand new and the engine has never been out of the engine bay until the repair started last summer.
View attachment 568908
View attachment 568909
Just a guess. It's blue primer. The orange paint possibly burnt off due to excessive heat from the pistons melting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a guess. It's blue primer. The orange paint possibly burnt off due to excessive heat from the pistons melting.
That's the only thing that I could think of (that's its blue primer). I can't think of any reason why an original block would have ever been anything but orange.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
It looks like your builder repainted his engine stand and got some on your block, judging by the pics

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
It looks like your builder repainted his engine stand and got some on your block, judging by the pics
I was gonna say the same thing. Chances the primer on the block is the EXACT shade of blue the pictured engine stand has, is unlikely lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts