SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_5813.JPG
This is more of a general question for Challenger owners than specifically Hellcat owners, but has anyone had a problem with their rear bumper cover/quarter panel seam pushing out? I can push it in but it just pops back out after I drive it a bit. I assume there is a loose bolt or something I need tightened, but I'm not a body man. How to I get access to the fender to look?

·
Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,033 Posts
Take it to the dealership...it's probably a warranty coverage and the tech should be able to tell you about how to access and fix...right after he does it

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
The quick answer is: It should never stick out that much, take it to the dealer and have them open up a warranty claim for it.

The long answer is: This isn't a easy fix sometimes. There is a clip or plastic peice that is suppose to hold it down. I had an 08 challenger that had to be repaired and after repairing it redoing the clip the answer was to just epoxy the damn thing because it was impossible to get the clip to hold it correctly even after switching the clip.

Can it be fixed? Yes and you should get it fixed on dodges dime so they know this isn't acceptable. Just letting you know the solution might be epoxy cause of shitty plastic parts that dodge uses.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
544 Posts
Yea, mine has a little deflection in that area. Not worried though, others only see you from the back as you mash the pedal. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,391 Posts
Yeah that looks crappy, I would prob take it in or try to adjust it myself.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
503 Posts
I had the exact problem on mine. Took it to the dealer and they sent it to a Body shop that repaired it (no painting or anything required).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
967 Posts
The quick answer is: It should never stick out that much, take it to the dealer and have them open up a warranty claim for it.

The long answer is: This isn't a easy fix sometimes. There is a clip or plastic peice that is suppose to hold it down. I had an 08 challenger that had to be repaired and after repairing it redoing the clip the answer was to just epoxy the damn thing because it was impossible to get the clip to hold it correctly even after switching the clip.

Can it be fixed? Yes and you should get it fixed on dodges dime so they know this isn't acceptable. Just letting you know the solution might be epoxy cause of shitty plastic parts that dodge uses.
Lexus, Audi, Mercedes and BMW have the same issue. I fix them all the time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
967 Posts
View attachment 105529 This is more of a general question for Challenger owners than specifically Hellcat owners, but has anyone had a problem with their rear bumper cover/quarter panel seam pushing out? I can push it in but it just pops back out after I drive it a bit. I assume there is a loose bolt or something I need tightened, but I'm not a body man. How to I get access to the fender to look?
There is no hardware that attaches the bumper to the car in that area. There is just a bracket that the bumper snaps on to like a lego.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts