SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard something that I have a hard time believing. I was told that if your HC VIN has not been used at Bondurant your eligible for the one day experience. This is regardless if you are the original owner or not. I also heard about a big guy, red suit, white beard giving out gifts and still bummed that didn't pan out!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,791 Posts
Call Bondurant anyway as they have made exceptions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
339 Posts
I suggested that...do a search here, I put the info into another thread. Check with Dodge about the VIN, if they approve it you can go. I was told all the reasons I wojldn't be allowed to go, I've been approved twice, both used cars. Good luck!

·
Registered
2019 CHALLENGER HELLCAT WIDEBODY 6 SPEED
10 Posts
I didn't realize that was still a thing, I am calling them this week and hopefully I can still use it once I send my car back to the states

·
Registered
339 Posts
FWIW. And yes, I see what it says about one year. I bought a used 2016 SRT in 2018 and attended in 2019. I bought a used 2019 SRT in 2019 and was cleared to attend in 2020, but the course was cancelled two days prior to the course due to Covid-19. I suggest letting Dodge tell you no versus giving up because others tell you it won't be authorized. I am doing a two-day HP driving course in a HC there FEB 13-14 instead (at my expense).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Dodge approves or disapproves the VIN. THE purchase cost of the SRR Experience is in the new purchase price of the car. If it is approved, you can go.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,791 Posts
With an older VIN, I'd call Danny at Bondurant direct.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,388 Posts
I was going to apply the free experience towards a multiday course. Doing that used to apply $1000 towards a multiday course. Stuck it out and saw they were doing a 50% off deal and took the plunge. It was a fun 3 days. If you keep watching their site and social media, they offer deals frequently. For me, the free experience wasn't worth the expense of coming from the east coast.

Reactions: SIXGUN and Slidd

·
Registered
339 Posts
So I did the 2 Day HPD course this weekend. Small print says bring your helmet or buy theirs. I was able to use one of theirs for the two higher speed sessions on the track.
I was surprised they ran in Street modes almost the entire course. Course used either auto or 6m, your choice, and ran with black keys the whole time. We ran red keys when I was at the SRT Expience. Black is plenty to learn with, as it is fast enough and a yet allows you to focus on what you are supposed to be learning vs trying to learn while trying to slow for corners. Cars currently use Pirelli P-Zero all seasons, Power Stop rotors and track pads. Pads work quite well for this event. On the gritty track here the all seasons work surprisingly well. Event is a reiteration of the SRT Experience plus some other training, plus more track time allowing practice of the techniques learned. Good stuff for half off ($1649), would be disappointed for full price ($3299).

·
Registered
52 Posts
For those that did the 2 or 3 day HPD, do you think it would be worth upgrading from the 2 day to the 3 day? I have the 2 day booked in October but am thinking of upgrading to a 3rd day since I'm flying all the way out there from the east coast. Also, did you use any type of Go Pro camera in the car? Am thinking of taking a Go Pro out with me to video inside the car....Since it looks like you now have to purchase helmets, maybe a helmet mount camera? Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,388 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have the 2 day booked in October. They are trying to talk me into upgrading to the 3 day HPD.....would you think it is worth doing the extra day? I was also wondering if you could use a Go-Pro type camera to take video in the car....since it looks like you have to guy a helmet, maybe a helmet mount? Thanks.
I had a blast in the 3 day class. Ask if they are going to cut a deal for the added day? They have been offering discounts lately. You can mount a GoPro in the car. I used a windshield suction cup mount and used my phone to record. I used a GoPro for other recordings and it sucked the battery life too fast. Or you can have many batteries to get you through the day with the GoPro.

I think you would have better picture quality with a stationary camera. You will move your head a ton when you are driving.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a blast in the 3 day class. Ask if they are going to cut a deal for the added day? They have been offering discounts lately. You can mount a GoPro in the car. I used a windshield suction cup mount and used my phone to record. I used a GoPro for other recordings and it sucked the battery life too fast. Or you can have many batteries to get you through the day with the GoPro.

I think you would have better picture quality with a stationary camera. You will move your head a ton when you are driving.
Thanks for the info. I haven't talked to them about price yet. I have back surgery scheduled next month and need to see how I come out of that before I give them anymore money. I had originally booked early in 2020 for an October 2020 HPD but had to cancel and reschedule to Oct 2021 due to my back. They wouldn't give me a refund last year and just allowed me to reschedule.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm pretty sure you could mount a Go Pro if you have one. They offered a gadget that you could rent and record your driving in the car, so really don't see why they wouldn't allow you to use yours...but you never know. They had us in one car for the two day...due to this ridiculous Covid-19 thing. Upside is once your get it adjusted, you are good for both days.
Honestly, I paid half price ($1649) for the two day. Would not have been worth it for me if full price of $3350. Not sure if three days would've been worth the extra...maybe I'm just expecting too much. If you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket, let 'r rip, I'm sure you would get something out of it. For me, putting that toward an HPDE or brakes and tires will be better spent for me.
If you don't have a helmet, I would shop around, buy one, and bring it. Otherwise you might be able to work that with them. For the two day HPD, you only use a helmet for the track time in the late afternoon of each day, like less than an hour each day. If you won't need a helmet after you do this course I would just borrow one from them, just work that off line as a side bar, not open forum.
HTH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts