SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call from the dealer this morning that the Hellcat was on its way from the rail yard and would be delivered this morning. (Awesome) 12:15pm the call comes its here. Ok I’m on my way.

Pull up it’s off the transporter. park the truck walk around back with the salesman and there She is.

Love that Canadian & USA Salt all over her. Walking the car there are a couple of areas of concern.

On the right side of the car there is a what I call a Glove #### where some Jack A## drug his hand all the way down the right side of the car with salt & sand on his glove. Both door seals (Where you drag your big nasty A## Boots across the bottom of the door rocker panel) . Both right & Left sides are scratched down into the paint. Of course the front splitter is damaged. On both sides. If you can the orange tag hanging on the rear view mirror it tell the dumb SH## who loads & unloads it on the transporter to be carfare of the splitter.

You would think that SRT & Dodge would put a protective plastic like other companies like Audi, VW, even Toyota and GM on their High end cars.

Other than that very happy it’s here. The Head manager of the dealership said that he will make it right with me. He said that he would have it done and ready to go by (Friday the 13th 2015.) I said no I will wait to pick it up on Saturday the 14th
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Hood Bumper
Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,781 Posts
it does suck seeing the bad part of the life of these cars, if your dealer wasn't communicating with you, you would have never seen it like this. They'll pretty her up and you won't be able to stop smiling for a month. Congrats on your new girl

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said straight up that's why he hates having customers there when they are delivered.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,002 Posts
They need to have a serious talk with these transporters. This is straight up sloppy work and careless.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
I gotta ask, what color is it?
Not superstitious at all, but good call on the pickup day. :D

Reactions: 440 Superbee

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phantom Black
No Way on Friday the 13th

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Congrats on receiving your Cat. So sorry to see the Hell its been through and needs some much needed TLC and the right kind of attention. They will get your Hell Baby back to perrrrrrfect health. Can't wait to see pics when she's all cleaned up.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
Let them fix and clean, and make sure and pick it up when you can see the paint in the sunlight if possible. Don't take delivery until its right. JMHO

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Got the call from the dealer this morning that the Hellcat was on its way from the rail yard and would be delivered this morning. (Awesome) 12:15pm the call comes its here. Ok I’m on my way.

Pull up it’s off the transporter. park the truck walk around back with the salesman and there She is.

Love that Canadian & USA Salt all over her. Walking the car there are a couple of areas of concern.

On the right side of the car there is a what I call a Glove #### where some Jack A## drug his hand all the way down the right side of the car with salt & sand on his glove. Both door seals (Where you drag your big nasty A## Boots across the bottom of the door rocker panel) . Both right & Left sides are scratched down into the paint. Of course the front splitter is damaged. On both sides. If you can the orange tag hanging on the rear view mirror it tell the dumb SH## who loads & unloads it on the transporter to be carfare of the splitter.

You would think that SRT & Dodge would put a protective plastic like other companies like Audi, VW, even Toyota and GM on their High end cars.

Other than that very happy it’s here. The Head manager of the dealership said that he will make it right with me. He said that he would have it done and ready to go by (Friday the 13th 2015.) I said no I will wait to pick it up on Saturday the 14th View attachment 6324 View attachment 6325 View attachment 6326 View attachment 6327 View attachment 6328
Congrats on getting your Hellcat! I don't blame you for being a little frustrated. I am sure your dealer will make everything right and your car will look amazing when you pick it up on Saturday. I saw mine back off the truck and I would not have missed the experience for anything. Mine wasn't that dirty or scuffed but I probably would have been a bit concerned like you were. Cant wait to see the pics when you pick it up. Enjoy and have fun!!:D

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts

Other than that very happy it’s here. The Head manager of the dealership said that he will make it right with me. He said that he would have it done and ready to go by (Friday the 13th 2015.) I said no I will wait to pick it up on Saturday the 14th View attachment 6324 View attachment 6325 View attachment 6326 View attachment 6327 View attachment 6328
Congratulations on getting your hellcat! It makes me sad to see the condition it came in

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again to all of you guys and girls
I probably wouldn't have looked at the splitter if it wasn't for this forum or been there if not reading about the rest of you going to watch your cars being delivered.
I will update you all

Reactions: F6F

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
9,203 Posts
Congrats Speedman! Now I know why mine that was born on Feb 19 is on hold for repairs tonight. It must look worse! We received that news from RS hours before we were expecting the truck to arrive at the dealer this evening. Dinner was not good. Transit repair Fenkell is our current status. Say JOHN DODGE you can tell your folks to expect a somewhat steamed call from one of your Dealer's in the morning. He has plenty fuel from this customer in an email along with pictures of this gentlemen's car to make us want to ask who is minding the store here?! You need to find another transport company and method because this is no way to deliver seventy thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Glove f### is from the guy loading it on the rail car standing beside is as it goes by him between. Him and the RR car wall the splitter is from the transporter

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
1 - Congratulations? on the delivery.
2- Another thread mentioned Frenkell as a company that is going to start checking our vehicles before being delivered.
3- Dodge should be ashamed of the shady business that they are conducting. Between the allocation fiasco and all the issues with the delivery of a 65/70K car, Mr #AllocationGuru should have some heads rolling down the street and some people walking the plank.
4- Or maybe he is fine with it. I would like to know how the Vipers are being delivered and if they are having the same issues.

After all this nightmare is over, enjoy your beast !!!!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
I knew mine would be hideous, in the rough, and waited until it was prepped for delivery before I went to the dealership, and saved myself the trauma. It looked amazing, at delivery, and I'm sure yours will too!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.