SRT Hellcat Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
the $1000 charge actually pisses me off because a private company could get my car from MI to NY for less then a thousand in an enclosed trailer.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Friday the 13th 10:15 am I get a call from the dealer service manager we can't align the hood of your car due to the hood is warped and cannot be fixed sorry. We will have to order you a new hood. (And that will take 3 to 4 months they are on back order). So of course i'm back on the phone with SRT Sorry sir I should be able to get you one sooner then that. A week or so.( Ok cool make it happen.) Oh you haven't taken delivery yet of the car. (No I haven't ) Well sorry sir that's going to slow things down. (What the F### are you talking about) well i cant' open a claim unless you take delivery. And i suggest that you don't take delivery until it's right. Then 1/2 hour later a phone call from SRT sir there are no hood's available the only-thing i can do is try and get one from the assembly line.
If i have to wait three to four months. I will have to give the check back to the credit Union and do it all over again. No Guarantee that i will get the same awesome rate. The car goes into storage and summer will be over that sucks !!
I set up a meeting with the GM of the dealership on Monday morning to get on a conference call with SRT & the Dodge Regional Manager or Rep
to expedite the hood.
If you ask why i don't take delivery and just drive the car until the hood comes in. This is why. the hood will come in bare the dealer will have to paint it to match and it will be a one shot deal if it doesn't match it is what it is. SRT told me that Phantom black is very difficult to match due to the amount of glitter in the paint.
So that's my Friday the 13th i will keep you all posted.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
She looks good all cleaned up
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Tire

Friday the 13th 10:15 am I get a call from the dealer service manager we can't align the hood of your car due to the hood is warped and cannot be fixed sorry. We will have to order you a new hood. (And that will take 3 to 4 months they are on back order). So of course i'm back on the phone with SRT Sorry sir I should be able to get you one sooner then that. A week or so.( Ok cool make it happen.) Oh you haven't taken delivery yet of the car. (No I haven't ) Well sorry sir that's going to slow things down. (What the F### are you talking about) well i cant' open a claim unless you take delivery. And i suggest that you don't take delivery until it's right. Then 1/2 hour later a phone call from SRT sir there are no hood's available the only-thing i can do is try and get one from the assembly line.
If i have to wait three to four months. I will have to give the check back to the credit Union and do it all over again. No Guarantee that i will get the same awesome rate. The car goes into storage and summer will be over that sucks !!
I set up a meeting with the GM of the dealership on Monday morning to get on a conference call with SRT & the Dodge Regional Manager or Rep
to expedite the hood.
If you ask why i don't take delivery and just drive the car until the hood comes in. This is why. the hood will come in bare the dealer will have to paint it to match and it will be a one shot deal if it doesn't match it is what it is. SRT told me that Phantom black is very difficult to match due to the amount of glitter in the paint.
So that's my Friday the 13th i will keep you all posted.
I think eBay has OEM Hellcat hoods . Consider a Satin Hood painted by high quality body shop who offers warranty ..eliminates match issue . Just my two cents

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I agree with the satin hood. I don't want to wait all summer believe me. It would be nice to get a good nights sleep.
To all of you guys and gals take your TIME walk don't run when you are looking over your car on pick up day. don't sign on the dotted line until the car is right. !!!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Update Had the car for over one month. Dealer received the new hood from SRT & splitter 8 days after this post. I made a appointment with the G.M. In the conversation the parts manager came in to tell me that all the parts are in ( But i would not have our body shop paint or even touch your car they do crappy work) My jaw hit the FLOOR!!! so did the G.M.'S.
My first words were What The ####. What are you going to do for me now. G.M. let me make some phone calls and i will get back with you.
Two days later I take the car to his rec amended body shop. I said OK have the new hood there so we can see if it fits. I go to the shop they look it over yep the hood is defiantly warped OK where is the new hood. It's still at the dealer well have to come back another day to fit it. Two week's later last Thursday i go back and we pull the bad hood off and install the new hood. It's like night & day it fits like a glove all the gaps are perfect. Owner of the body shop said I will have to paint the fenders, Hood, and front bumper to make it match. I will remove all the parts from the car and paint them. Also i'm quite busy so it will be about two weeks before i can get to it.
I will call you on Monday and set up an appointment. Wednesday morning still no call. ( Just call me frustrated )
I been reluctant to take it out because I would like to get the C Quarts & 3M film on the car and not make two trips to the film guy. And i want the film on before i take it to the track.
Total B.S.

Attachments

Speedman, that is why the shop of my choice is painting my door. I know there will be no BS and that sucker will match without painting the car again! Have to deliver the Cat tomorrow up to Wyoming. Going out of town until mid next week, then the pain in my eyes will end as I look at my right door. I will post up in the MN thread to see if we can get everyone together Saturday May 2 again.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.