SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well I saw the rt scat pak lime blk hood nav sunroof leather 6.4 on showroom floor everything I wanted but the cat engin ect you get on the cat. so I bought it and have been out on the west coast breaking it in. no cat but when dodge gets its shi- togeather I will trade in next summer. I needed a veh. hope you all are having better luck.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
ok well I saw the rt scat pak lime blk hood nav sunroof leather 6.4 on showroom floor everything I wanted but the cat engin ect you get on the cat. so I bought it and have been out on the west coast breaking it in. no cat but when dodge gets its shi- togeather I will trade in next summer. I needed a veh. hope you all are having better luck.
congrats perry! cant go wrong.. sounds like something i might like as well :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Been considering this as an alternative if my Hellcat order doesnt come in... I can get a loaded Scat Pack RIGHT NOW at my local dealership for $38.6k with the employee discount that doesnt apply to the SRT line up.. you can buy a lot of ProChargers for $26k...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
....... IF you add a ProCharger or other forced-induction system, you lose the drivetrain warranty immediately.
In addition, you get a LOT more than just some extra horses under the hood with the Hellcat. The entire chassis and drivetrain has been modified to accommodate the extra stress that a boosted powerplant places on the rest of the car (brakes would be $8K alone, plus the suspension, transmission upgrades, and rear-end upgrades that the Hellcat has that aren't on the other trim levels).
Adding bigger numbers up front usually results in something breaking fairly soon afterward in the items rear-ward of that engine.
So saying you can (safely) boost the current powerplant for a fraction of the difference in price isn't an "apples to apples" argument.

Reactions: X-Men Fiend

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
....... IF you add a ProCharger or other forced-induction system, you lose the drivetrain warranty immediately.
In addition, you get a LOT more than just some extra horses under the hood with the Hellcat. The entire chassis and drivetrain has been modified to accommodate the extra stress that a boosted powerplant places on the rest of the car (brakes would be $8K alone, plus the suspension, transmission upgrades, and rear-end upgrades that the Hellcat has that aren't on the other trim levels).
Adding bigger numbers up front usually results in something breaking fairly soon afterward in the items rear-ward of that engine.
So saying you can (safely) boost the current powerplant for a fraction of the difference in price isn't an "apples to apples" argument.
Ok, Ill rephrase my statement... a 26k difference can build one hell of a car out of a Scat Pack... but without the warranty... I will probably end up modifying my Hellcat anyway, voiding that warranty...lol!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,533 Posts
Ok, Ill rephrase my statement... a 26k difference can build one hell of a car out of a Scat Pack... but without the warranty... I will probably end up modifying my Hellcat anyway, voiding that warranty...lol!
Oh I understand completely. That's where I was at with my '09 SRT8 Challenger.
I wanted to increase the power and strength of the entire driveline. Problem was, by the time I did what I wanted to make it nearly "bulletproof", I would have spent more than I am on the Hellcat - and without that warranty.
As luck had it, I planned on starting those modifications this coming spring. Instead, Dodge did all of the hard work and calculations for me, and the timing was fortuitous. :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Oh I understand completely. That's where I was at with my '09 SRT8 Challenger.
I wanted to increase the power and strength of the entire driveline. Problem was, by the time I did what I wanted to make it nearly "bulletproof", I would have spent more than I am on the Hellcat - and without that warranty.
As luck had it, I planned on starting those modifications this coming spring. Instead, Dodge did all of the hard work and calculations for me, and the timing was fortuitous. :)
I am in the same boat... Ill just let Dodge build it for me... hopefully these production cars perform as well as the pre-production cars.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
306 Posts
I think that's my fallback plan should my order not go through, but I will wait it out and hope. Still plenty of power. I just wanted to be a part of the Mopar muscle car history thing... lol.

This is my first challenger, and I test drove a sublime green with the scat pak that was on the lot. Based on that drive, I will have to have a lighter foot with the Hellcat or I will be in big trouble.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Post a picture if you can. I would love to see it! Congratulations! Let me know when you get pulled over!;) Lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.