SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Brake Cooling Deflectors

6K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 ·
Are any of you installing the brake cooling deflectors that come in the trunk? They are exclusive to the red eye and some dealers install them and some don't. Mine are still in the box. If I get time I'll install them first oil change.

#5 ·
Another guy on this forum did 203 in the 1.5mi in a lightly modded Charger last year on a 2.5mi track. He said he smelled something on the return road and pulled over, he said his rotors were blue. I plan to put mine on before I try the 1.5mi. Other than that, I see no need for my driving. I'm too old and slow. :)

#18 ·
1.5 and 2.5 miles to get to 200+ mph? Does it really take that long in the hellcats? My S2000 is built for the 1/2 mile events and although it hasn't run an event yet, it will most likely get to 200+ in 1/2 mile. Kind of figured the hellcats should be able to achieve 200 within a mile.

#21 ·
My Redeye came with them installed. I replaced the belly pan and installed the deflectors on my 2015 original body.

#26 ·
I would do the same thing but I dont want to loose the trap door I’ve got beneath my oil cooler which enables me to drain it without removing that entire pita pan.

Reactions: Paladin06
#30 ·
#31 ·
Damn, skid marks near the end and the car still ended up 650 feet past the end of runway, they weren't even close to stopping.

Five kids in a BMW did the same thing on the runway where Travolta used to live and keep his planes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.