SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this brake dust is beyond belief. What are some possible replacements for these OEM dust generators? :-(

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
i was hoping that with a manual and all country and highway driving it wouldn't be bad! wrong.. I cant imagine how bad it is on an auto :eek:

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,464 Posts
Any car with stock Brembo pads has this problem. Make the rotors and pads even bigger and what a surprise, more dust! :)

Now just imagine if your wheels were not black, at least that helps hide it a bit. I will probably swap pads at some point but for now it does not bother me -- spray on wheel and tire cleaner works wonders. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute, spray it off. Gets 95% of it off and I get the rest off with a microfiber towel dedicated to the wheels.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,682 Posts
I have pads coming I know tears will fit for sure fronts are the ones I'm worried about.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
The front brakes on the Hellcat are very similar to the ones I had on my 12 SRT Grand Cherokee. I replaced the stock pads with Ceramic ones and it cut the dust by 75%. I was still not has good as a non-high performance car but much better.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,918 Posts
Must be a lot of folks first SRTs, as this is par for the course with any cars in their lineup.

First thing I do is install Hawk Ceramic pads. If these brakes are identical as those on 392 Challengers for the past couple years they are easy to find. Will set you back about $200

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Must be a lot of folks first SRTs, as this is par for the course with any cars in their lineup.

First thing I do is install Hawk Ceramic pads. If these brakes are identical as those on 392 Challengers for the past couple years they are easy to find. Will set you back about $200
Not true. I have #904 from 2008 and its not NEARLY as bad as this beast.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Pics for those of us who don't have one yet? I bet it's hard to clean, too
Yeah, they are hard to clean. The brake dust really sticks to the wheels and it is hard to show in pics, but it makes them look brown. Especially the inside of the wheel. :D

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.