SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am sure there is a post about this but I can’t find it.
Is there a brake shoe for the Redeye that doesn’t put off as much dust as the factory but still stops the car good.
This is the worst dust I’ve seen.
Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Power stop z26 as stated above. Everyone buys em, eliminates the problem. However if you are road course or autocrossing the car you will see a reduced performance at there maximum capabilities.

Front Only Z26-1405
Rear Only Z26-1053

·
Read Only
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal.
I just ordered front and rear pads today
I think the redeye is same as Hellcat
Anyway hope it helps
Tired of constantly cleaning wheels

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
Have tried the Powerstop Z26 and not nearly as good as the OE Brembo performance IMO. Finally tried Stop Tech “Street” pads and love them. All the Brembo bite with a lot less dust.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The stock pads are superior if actually STOPPING is your goal.

However, if the five bucks you would have to pay the neighborhood kid to clean your wheels is more important than NOT pushing the rear seat of the car in front of you into its dashboard, get other-than-stock pads.

The stock pads can haul you down from atmospheric-re-entry speeds in a safe, straight manner.

Just pay the kid and stay safe is my recommendation. Just cleaned my wheels today. :D It took about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,814 Posts
What’s the pn s on these u r using
Stoptech? I'm trying to find too but apparently they have no consumer website and do not sell direct to the public.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Lol
Don’t see me doing any 200 mph emergency stops
Yeah, you have to choose based on your predicted driving style. The engines on these cars hold them back so well that on long down-grades you can just select a gear that holds you back pretty nicely.

It reminds me that Ford/Lincoln had to come up with some extra-high-boiling-point brake fluid due to the habit some of their customers had of driving around with their left foot on the brake pedal, overheating the brake fluid without even knowing their driving style was causing it. I knew one girl who used both feet to brake in emergencies.

·
Read Only
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No my issue isn’t car is white
After a day of driving the quarter panels and wheels can be used for murals
Just like a clean car and not all that dust
Thanks for the heads up guys
Went with Powerstops after talking to their tech dept
Next day delivery by Amazon
Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,814 Posts
I recommend Akebono ceramic pads. They have good stopping power and almost zero dust.
Part numbers and where you bought them from please?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Under normal Street Driving scenarios, the z26 pads are more then adequate and there are 1000s of owners that will attest to that.
I don't argue that.

However, one of our members almost rear-ended someone when he had to slow down suddenly due to unexpected traffic and those pad faded like a ghetto father at child support payment due date. I can do heavy leg presses, but I like to warm up first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts