SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a brake template or measurement so I can see if what wheels will fit a 392 Challenger (I believe these use the same brakes as the Hellcat?)

Does anyone have a brake template or ever taken any measurements on this brake? Its huge!
Tried 2 sets of 20"s and neither cleared unfortunately, on to the 3rd.

Looking for the A/B/C measurements if possible

Thank you in advanced!

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,051 Posts
2015+ SRT 392 Challengers/Chargers have the same brakes as the Hellcats.

The rotors are 15.4 inches in diameter. The caliper extends about another 3-4 inches from the rotor so about 18.4 inches.

The caliper width from the outside of the rotor to the rim is about 3 inches as well with about an inch of clearance between the rim and caliper.

From a visual standpoint, there is only about an inch of clearance between the caliper to the inside of the 20 inch stock rim.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, the thing is the last 2 sets we tried the clearance was so close it literally did not clear by just a few mm.
So some precise measurements would really help, especially the overall Radius "C" measurment would be great

Heres the 2 tried so far:
Vossen CV3, wheel just barely cleared but the valve stem did not

Rohana RC22- Barrel just barely touched the top of the brake

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They were 20x9 +20 on both sets, so the right offset
It was a barrel clearance issue on both

Surprised nobody has ever made a diagram or measurment of the brakes. Seems like it'd be a great resource for the forum since it seems like most wheels are going to have issues with these massive brakes

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
532 Posts
I will try to find time to contact some wheel manufacturers and see if any of them have measured all of this. The step lip design won't work due to the large brakes. I haven't fitted any aftermarket wheels on these yet, so I have no data to give unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.