SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Without using the factory under splitter facia that directs the air towards those bolt ons I dont believe they would do much of anything. That being said I believe that’s a Challenger only thing anyway. Never heard of a Charger outfitted that way.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Wouldnt call that a vent. More of a deflector. I haven't seen any comments about the effectiveness of it yet. How would anyone really know?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
They are very cheap and will bolt to a Charger control arm like they will on a Challenger.
They will still get some air through the side grills and deflect it to the brakes. They will certainly get more with the Challenger ducts attached to the belly pan.
There's no reason you couldn't attach some more material to these deflectors to make them larger and more effective. I'll either do that this winter or more likely will run some 3" hose along the control arm to direct more air to the caliper.

·
Premium Member
6,383 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,383 Posts
They are very cheap and will bolt to a Charger control arm like they will on a Challenger.
They will still get some air through the side grills and deflect it to the brakes. They will certainly get more with the Challenger ducts attached to the belly pan.
There's no reason you couldn't attach some more material to these deflectors to make them larger and more effective. I'll either do that this winter or more likely will run some 3" hose along the control arm to direct more air to the caliper.
Is this something that is good for your track days?
Or is there another reason?

Linda :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Is this something that is good for your track days?
Or is there another reason?

Linda :)
Really they only help if you're on the brakes hard a few times in a row. Hopefully street driving doesn't require them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts