SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
ill add them if i dont have a VIN by then
I got a price from a local Dodge Mopar parts guy today.

Price is $580 each.
I went to a military overseas website that the Dodge website sent me to. It's good for checking the option codes and MSRP prices. It said WHEELS: 20" X 9.5" BRASS MONKEY SRT FORGED, Code = WSB, MSRP = $395.
http://www.encs.com/chrysler-military-group/showroom/Options.aspx
That's better than $580 a piece if you can get it added.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
The WSB is the option code, I looking for the paint code
Sorry, I can't help with the paint code right now. If you can't find it on Google, it may not be for public use yet.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I went to a military overseas website that the Dodge website sent me to. It's good for checking the option codes and MSRP prices. It said WHEELS: 20" X 9.5" BRASS MONKEY SRT FORGED, Code = WSB, MSRP = $395.
Sorry, the link seemed to be bad. Try this link instead. Chrysler Military Sales-Overseas Military Car Program ENCS Showroom Style

Copy and paste, and hopefully it will work this time.

·
Comfortably Numb
3,523 Posts
i was able to get the option added to my build.. i never asked about price.. i believe its 395 for the add... still may opt for aftermarket rims... i like the rims offered on the srt8s but wont buy at insane prices

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I heard rumors that they would be available on 12-15 which is today, will be calling my sales rep this week.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, the Brass Monkey Wheels are an option when you order
your car as an option.......$395 is what I heard also.......

I need an extra set of Hyper Black for other set of go fast tires
off the line.......

Since my car is built I could not order the Brass Monkeys at the time.......

·
5,014 Posts
If I remember correctly, approximately 2 to 3 weeks ago Bob Frederick had the Brass Monkey Order Code and MSRP pricing on his website for $500 to $700 additional cost. I just tried to go and verify the cost, but he must have his website <Home> turned off for maintenance. One thing for sure, is was not the crazy prices stated previously.
But isn't that for ordering on a new car? If so, that price means nothing. It just means that is the ADDITIONAL cost over the satin black wheels. So in effect the you are paying extra for a different color paint on the same wheel.

I've seen window stickers from dodge site for Hellcats that actually have been built with brass monkey wheels. I think it was either 395 or 495 on the sticker of a new car.

·
5,014 Posts
I got a price from a local Dodge Mopar parts guy today.

Price is $580 each.
That is a 'reasonable' price for an OE wheel... Especially since these are forged wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
But isn't that for ordering on a new car? If so, that price means nothing. It just means that is the ADDITIONAL cost over the satin black wheels. So in effect the you are paying extra for a different color paint on the same wheel.

I've seen window stickers from dodge site for Hellcats that actually have been built with brass monkey wheels. I think it was either 395 or 495 on the sticker of a new car.
I agree with you. It is an ADDITIONAL cost of $395 to add the Brass Monkey rims as an option. I think someone on here just priced one (1) new matte black rim at ~ $1400 because the guy hit a curb and scratched/scuffed his rims severely. I haven't seen whether the guy found them cheaper yet checking with some places that forum members may be able to get discounts from.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
I agree with you. It is an ADDITIONAL cost of $395 to add the Brass Monkey rims as an option. I think someone on here just priced one (1) new matte black rim at ~ $1400 because the guy hit a curb and scratched/scuffed his rims severely. I haven't seen whether the guy found them cheaper yet checking with some places that forum members may be able to get discounts from.
You are correct. I do know that one of the members said he could get him wheels for 10% over, but I did not find out what the price was. It was Dr. Buick that said he could get a discount. The ones on EBay are only 20x9 and I am sure not of the same quality. I haven't seen them list Brass Monkey ones yet. I am sure that will be coming.o_O

·
5,014 Posts
You are correct. I do know that one of the members said he could get him wheels for 10% over, but I did not find out what the price was. It was Dr. Buick that said he could get a discount. The ones on EBay are only 20x9 and I am sure not of the same quality. I haven't seen them list Brass Monkey ones yet. I am sure that will be coming.o_O
Original Equipement (OE) wheels are generally expensive. I agree that shopping around is smart. My BMW OE M Sport wheels list for over $1K each (I forget exactly how much). I can buy them for about $500 for the fronts and $600 for the rears (they are staggered -- rears are wider).

The Hellcat OE wheel is forged. This is a VERY strong wheel and adds to the expense. The ebay wheels will be cast (not forged), while they may be an OK wheel (I don't know) they are not going to be anywhere near the quality of the stock wheel. Personally I would not put an ebay wheel on my $65K 707HP car. It could be a safety issue.

There are aftermarket forged wheels available BUT they will cost as much (often even more) than the OE wheels.

·
5,014 Posts
Was thinking....The guy on this forum that recently hit a curb and actually broke the curb..... His wheels where badly damaged but still in tact. I can can pretty much guaranteed that an ebay knockoff wheel would have shattered.... The damage would have been much worse as the car would be sitting on the suspension and rocker panel up against the curb.

This is a heavy, powerful car. Don't cheap out on wheels for your own safety and the safety of others.

·
5,014 Posts
I found an in stock Hellcat with Brass Monkey wheels again. It's $395 upgrade. Seems crazy to pay $400 for a different wheel paint job but then again if Brass Monkey is what you want you gotta pay! LOL If the Hyper Black was actually available I would have ordered them. Hyper Black is about the closest thing available to Black Chrome.

upload_2015-2-7_9-54-14.png

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Was thinking....The guy on this forum that recently hit a curb and actually broke the curb..... His wheels where badly damaged but still in tact. I can can pretty much guaranteed that an ebay knockoff wheel would have shattered.... The damage would have been much worse as the car would be sitting on the suspension and rocker panel up against the curb.

This is a heavy, powerful car. Don't cheap out on wheels for your own safety and the safety of others.
Both knock-offs and factory are made in china !!

·
The Punisher
1,124 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for the hyper black rims on the SRT?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Does anyone have a part number for the hyper black rims on the SRT?
Click on the link in the first box of this thread, hyer black is listed there. you may have to refresh the page it doesnt come up the same everytime

21 - 40 of 64 Posts