SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only ask because I know how hard it's going to be to baby it for so long. Hell, babying it for a few blocks will be difficult!

What do you guys think? Is the break-in period data recorded in case of an early driveline failure?

Reactions: blu6dot2

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
I only ask because I know how hard it's going to be to baby it for so long. Hell, babying it for a few blocks will be difficult!

What do you guys think? Is the break-in period data recorded in case of an early driveline failure?
Why would you mess with 60 grand? Yes it's for the drivetrain just as if you got a new ring and pinion.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts

Yeah, I'm thinkng they know exactly when I am behaving badly and my car tells on me! he's a really bad influence on me though and he likes to behave badly!!:D

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I don't think it would void the warranty though would it?
I was wondering about the thread on the 10.4 quarter mile and the driveline that twisted. I wonder if that is covered under warranty? If it is, Dodge is light years ahead of the others by backing what they build.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
It's the owners responsibility...I'm sure if you blew an engine they would pull the ECM and see what you've been doing. I know when I'm testing boat engines, I plug-in the DIACOM software and it tells me how many hours the engine has run and specificially what range of the RPM bands for X time. It's super easy to tell an engine that has been abused and run out v. a typical/normal range of driving.

The break-in is really for the transmission and differantial...other parts that need to temper. Your car, your risk.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
No I don't think it will because most dealers do not know about the proper break-in procedure they just hand you the keys and say be careful!
That is funny and sad because you are correct. I took the time to meet with my Service Manager and ask him specific questions about my car, of course, by the time mine arrived I had read the manual 6 times and knew all the information in there, I just had a few follow up questions and details. I am really glad my Service Manager tolerates me. He knows I am picky though and I won't let anyone else help me if he is gone. I swear if my car were to break on his day off, I would just sleep in it until he returned.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
I was wondering about the thread on the 10.4 quarter mile and the driveline that twisted. I wonder if that is covered under warranty? If it is, Dodge is light years ahead of the others by backing what they build.
I hope they have a friendly dealership. Not that the break of the driveline would have mattered pre or post break-in...would be nice to know. I think one put on drag radials...that might get you a denied claim, but I'm sure they didn't leave those on.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
i drove mine the first 350 miles on the way home mostly at 70-80 mph....with very few starts and stops....i just kept shifting between 6,7,8 to keep the rpms changing......i doubt many follow the perfect break in........when spring comes i will start going through the gears at higher rpm's like the manual recommends after 300 miles

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
thats why i dont buy a used performance car......i prefer to know where my car has been and that it has its full 707hp
Yeah, when they try to sell my car 30 years from now as the little old lady that drove it to the gym 3x a week, someone will be naively surprised on what that means!:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,067 Posts

Absolutely not. If so, it would be required to be stated blatantly in the owners manual and explanation of warranty.

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts

Do you really want to put your lawyer up against their lawyers to find out whether or not a driveline failure will be covered under those circumstances? You can do your break-in in one day. Three at the most! That's a pretty small inconvenience compared to possible months (or years) of litigation in the future.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
Absolutely not. If so, it would be required to be stated blatantly in the owners manual and explanation of warranty.
I agree with Tannehill, My Hurst Hemi Dart has a sticker that says. NO WARRANTY and that was the way they where sold when new. They would need to give more information on the warranty. That doesn't mean they wont play games and try to get you to pay. It would really have to be abused for them to say no and void your warranty.

Reactions: Tannehill
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.