SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced an issue out of their brakes freezing? At least that’s what it seems to be happening.
hop into car, start it, and try to set off and is as if the tires are froze to ground. (16 hellcat M6)
The car was driven in the rain the night before so not sure if the surface rust on the rotors is the cause or not. It happens sporadically

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,001 Posts
Definately putting her to bed with wet rotors is the cause. The metallic pads will rust meld with rotors. Turn the steering wheel back and forth a couple of times to try and break the front one free before trying to move. If the rears are also stuck be ready to hear a loud pop sound when they break free and be ready for it to lunge. Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,239 Posts
Yep, it's the rust on the rotors causing it. If I wash my car and don't drive for a couple of days I get the same thing. It clears up as soon as I drive and use the breaks. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately putting her to bed with wet rotors is the cause. The metallic pads will rust meld with rotors. Turn the steering wheel back and forth a couple of times to try and break the front one free before trying to move. If the rears are also stuck be ready to hear a loud pop sound when they break free and be ready for it to lunge. Good luck.
In regards to getting into the car and turning the wheel to loosen the rotors, I have experienced that feeling. But didn’t realize what was actually happening. Feels like the power steering isn’t working then pop it frees up.

·
Registered
Demon destroyer gray
110 Posts
Do you have the anti rollback or hill assist setting on? That can cause it because you apply the brakes when you start the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have the anti rollback or hill assist setting on? That can cause it because you apply the brakes when you start the car.
Uh oh busted. LOL
Yeah I think it is actually. I noticed it working the the other day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts