SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New update on redeye ,finally got motor replace but,,,car still in shop been waiting on a bolt for the supercharger that the tech lost .update want be in till October this is some bull,filed lemon law and got some change back now thinking about coming out of deal and ask for much more ....they offering me rental car got bring my info to get a loner ,when I get there I want to see my car I really think something else is wrong and they are not saying, haven't had my car sense July and still not getting treated like I premium customer

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
New update on redeye ,finally got motor replace but,,,car still in shop been waiting on a bolt for the supercharger that the tech lost .update want be in till October this is some bull,filed lemon law and got some change back now thinking about coming out of deal and ask for much more ....they offering me rental car got bring my info to get a loner ,when I get there I want to see my car I really think something else is wrong and they are not saying, haven't had my car sense July and still not getting treated like I premium customer
Get the loaner and beat the living piss out of it. Sorry you have to experience this.

·
Registered
More round than tall
760 Posts
Not sure which state you’re in but Lemon Laws are very specific. Returned two Mustangs under California‘s laws.

Something three failures of same instance and in the shop for a specific amount of time within first 12 months.

First Mustang was a front seat which shifted laterally when going around curves and corners. Like 3/4" movement.

second one was a steering column which couldn’t be tightened down and moved

a single repair instance, regardless of time in the shop does not count.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,334 Posts
WHY do you think you're a "premium" customer????????????

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Dodge needs to get their supply chain issues resolved already. No excuses at this point. And I hope people are finally starting to realize what a complete scam globalization is
Been in any store lately? No one wants jobs, employees don't want to work, lots of empty shelves, shipping delays, China delays and on and on. Don't know what world you're living in...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Been in any store lately? No one wants jobs, employees don't want to work, lots of empty shelves, shipping delays, China delays and on and on. Don't know what world you're living in...
People want to work, just not at shitty, exploitative places that don't provide a livable wage. It doesn't make sense to do so and people are fed up. This isn't a hard concept. The "no one wants to work" vitriol is utter nonsense used by people who are clueless and completely out of touch.

And yes, China delays. That is globalization. Would be less of an issue if we weren't so dependant on OTHER countries for manufacturing and raw materials. We used to not be.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
People want to work, just not at shitty, exploitative places that don't provide a livable wage. It doesn't make sense to do so and people are fed up. This isn't a hard concept. The "no one wants to work" vitriol is utter nonsense used by people who are clueless and completely out of touch.

And yes, China delays. That is globalization. Would be less of an issue if we weren't so dependant on OTHER countries for manufacturing and raw materials. We used to not be.
There's no such thing as a bad job when you have no marketable skills and the job puts food on your table and a roof over your head. Anyone that chooses to live off other taxpayers instead of working for your own money is the problem. If you have no marketable skill and the only job you can get is shoveling shit then go shovel shit and earn your own money. Go to school at night and learn a skill so that you can get a better job. Far too many people have decided that they can live off 75% of what they used to make by getting unemployment at taxpayer expense. Anyone who doesn't think that situation is rampant is clueless and completely out of touch. But you already knew that the situation is rampant by your comment that people "want" to work but aren't.

You're right that we used to be more self-sufficient and less reliant on other countries. Those were days when unions didn't demand extravagant wages with incredible health care benefits and retirement benefits for even the most menial work. That's why it's so attractive to make something halfway around the world, put it on a cargo ship and ship it halfway around the world and still be significantly cheaper. And consumer demand for cheaper contributes to the problem. When you buy something do you shop for price? I've read the threads here, everyone does. It's amazing how people like you will decry the lack of a "livable wage" (undefined) then buy something where it's cheapest. Don't the other retailers need/deserve a livable wage, too? Bit that's the vicious circle of higher wages. Higher wages and better benefits lead to higher prices, which consumers protest by seeking cheaper sources and so it spirals.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's no such thing as a bad job when you have no marketable skills and the job puts food on your table and a roof over your head. Anyone that chooses to live off other taxpayers instead of working for your own money is the problem. If you have no marketable skill and the only job you can get is shoveling shit then go shovel shit and earn your own money. Go to school at night and learn a skill so that you can get a better job. Far too many people have decided that they can live off 75% of what they used to make by getting unemployment at taxpayer expense. Anyone who doesn't think that situation is rampant is clueless and completely out of touch. But you already knew that the situation is rampant by your comment that people "want" to work but aren't.

You're right that we used to be more self-sufficient and less reliant on other countries. Those were days when unions didn't demand extravagant wages with incredible health care benefits and retirement benefits for even the most menial work. That's why it's so attractive to make something halfway around the world, put it on a cargo ship and ship it halfway around the world and still be significantly cheaper. And consumer demand for cheaper contributes to the problem. When you buy something do you shop for price? I've read the threads here, everyone does. It's amazing how people like you will decry the lack of a "livable wage" (undefined) then buy something where it's cheapest. Don't the other retailers need/deserve a livable wage, too? Bit that's the vicious circle of higher wages. Higher wages and better benefits lead to higher prices, which consumers protest by seeking cheaper sources and so it spirals.
You proved my point in your first paragraph. Even with a "menial" job and "handouts", people are still struggling to make ends meet because of crippling inflation and our woefully incompetent administration. I'm not denying there are lazy people. There always has been and always will be lazy people. But that's really not the primary reason for the labor shortage right now. The situation is a lot more complicated than "nobody wants to work." And you seem to be conflating type of work to working conditions. These are not the same thing.

Unions exist to protect workers from companies bending them over a barrel. Do lazy useless people exploit unions for their own personal gain? Sure they do. People exploit systems in every industry so it's a moot point. Most corporations by and large do not care about their people. Everyone is expendable and companies will do everything in their power to maximize profit at the expense of their workers. Amazon retail is a great example, and is why its workers unionized. The fact is, some workers exploit their employer, but a lot of employers exploit their workers, legally. People are catching onto this and are fed up. They're fed up with being exploited and treated like barnyard animals and not making enough to even afford rent or gas to get to their job.

I think one of the issues with unions (that undermines their effectiveness) is that the government allowed employers to offshore their company whereas the government should have made it a condition of hiring Americans in order to access the nation’s resources, its legal protections, and our human capital. But as Elon Musk recently said, "the government is simply the biggest corporation" thus classical distinctions between private vs public are muddier than ever as the state gradually merges with the private sector and as companies increasingly rely on government subsidies to stay afloat.

As for your take on manufacturing, you're right: slave labor is definitely better than paying someone here a livable wage with decent benefits. And outsourcing manufacturing is first and foremost for the benefit of the company's CEO and shareholders - not its employees or its customer. If either benefits, it's coincidental.

You seem to be stuck in this reductionist and antiquated mindset whereas the truth is closer to all segments working together against labor (employer, gov, and probably even subverted unions) as all become more corrupt and rent-seeking. Systemic corruption is like a disease; it doesn’t care what some legal boundary says in some charter. Globalism and intercontinental trade, while having its purpose, is the largest vector for this corruption because capital can operate unregulated outside the country to undermine domestic labor.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Can you say that again but coherently?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You proved my point in your first paragraph. Even with a "menial" job and "handouts", people are still struggling to make ends meet because of crippling inflation and our woefully incompetent administration. I'm not denying there are lazy people. There always has been and always will be lazy people. But that's really not the primary reason for the labor shortage right now. The situation is a lot more complicated than "nobody wants to work." And you seem to be conflating type of work to working conditions. These are not the same thing.

Unions exist to protect workers from companies bending them over a barrel. Do lazy useless people exploit unions for their own personal gain? Sure they do. People exploit systems in every industry so it's a moot point. Most corporations by and large do not care about their people. Everyone is expendable and companies will do everything in their power to maximize profit at the expense of their workers. Amazon retail is a great example, and is why its workers unionized. The fact is, some workers exploit their employer, but a lot of employers exploit their workers, legally. People are catching onto this and are fed up. They're fed up with being exploited and treated like barnyard animals and not making enough to even afford rent or gas to get to their job.

I think one of the issues with unions (that undermines their effectiveness) is that the government allowed employers to offshore their company whereas the government should have made it a condition of hiring Americans in order to access the nation’s resources, its legal protections, and our human capital. But as Elon Musk recently said, "the government is simply the biggest corporation" thus classical distinctions between private vs public are muddier than ever as the state gradually merges with the private sector and as companies increasingly rely on government subsidies to stay afloat.

As for your take on manufacturing, you're right: slave labor is definitely better than paying someone here a livable wage with decent benefits. And outsourcing manufacturing is first and foremost for the benefit of the company's CEO and shareholders - not its employees or its customer. If either benefits, it's coincidental.

You seem to be stuck in this reductionist and antiquated mindset whereas the truth is closer to all segments working together against labor (employer, gov, and probably even subverted unions) as all become more corrupt and rent-seeking. Systemic corruption is like a disease; it doesn’t care what some legal boundary says in some charter. Globalism and intercontinental trade, while having its purpose, is the largest vector for this corruption because capital can operate unregulated outside the country to undermine domestic labor.
Just curious which flavor of Kool-Aid they gave you?

·
Registered
922 Posts

Yup calling BS... A lot of people want to collect a check...
It use to be 20% of the people did 80% of the work.... It is moving to 10% do 90%.

Hard to get people to show up because so many new telework positions.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts