SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All this could been avoided took it to a dealer in san antonio when the engine light first came on reading ac coolant low told dealer he said was reading p307 misfire in bank 7 they changed the lifters and other said supercharger wasn't leaking got car back 2 days later car wouldn't start took to another dealership they said take it back to other dealer ,they did they Thang supercharger gone fixed that no one never changed the oil did some digging coolant leaked down in to block mixed with oil the whole system should have been flush, now I'm looking at a blown block ,srt dodge should be on top of this they say that we are premium customers this is my 4th dodge

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,374 Posts
I think when you start jumping dealership to dealership, they start to view you as a headache of a customer.

Your paragraph is hard for me to understand.

If they did lifters and/or a supercharger, that would not put coolant in the motor or require an oil change or anything flushed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Call up the dodge customer care line and request for them to assign you a case manager. I had that done recently with a '22 JB Charger, just to ensure the dealer was moving things along w.r.t. a part that had to be ordered with a brand new car I was taking delivery of. The person would reach out via email and phone multiple times a week with updates, etc....and also, if a situation needs to be expedited (faster shipping for a part, or even a "higher priority" assigned for a part that is in short demand, like for the new cars they're building...they can also do that.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work out of town ,had to use the dealer in town this dealership was not small the second time I took car back it was cranking up Grey and and a cream color meaning I got coolant in my oil the supercharger wad completely empty the paper work I got the second time shows that the supercharger was leaking into motor, this the same dealership said the first time no leaks when they did lifters ,,I truly think they weren't are didn't have the right techs for the job ...I' have a case manager all most weeks only heard from 1 time and the car is back with the original dealership i bought it from they keep saying they waiting on warranty/Chrysler to see what they want to do only Thang I'm getting they want more pics,

·
Registered
80 Posts
I work out of town ,had to use the dealer in town this dealership was not small the second time I took car back it was cranking up Grey and and a cream color meaning I got coolant in my oil the supercharger wad completely empty the paper work I got the second time shows that the supercharger was leaking into motor, this the same dealership said the first time no leaks when they did lifters ,,I truly think they weren't are didn't have the right techs for the job ...I' have a case manager all most weeks only heard from 1 time and the car is back with the original dealership i bought it from they keep saying they waiting on warranty/Chrysler to see what they want to do only Thang I'm getting they want more pics,
What’s the lemon law in your state? I would try and force them to buy it back.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,075 Posts
holyrunonparagraphbatman ihope it ,,,works out for ya definitely PIA these techs these days are just ,, parts changers oil and coolant mix is no bueno

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,374 Posts
Oh, intercooler brick was leaking coolant. Car should have been puffing white smoke like crazy.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
560 Posts
I agree that you can work with Dodge to have the motor swapped. I would also file a lemon law claim. I had something very similar with a Jag and although I never gave the car back, they compensated me for the 33 days that the car sat at the dealer. About $3k if I remember right. Car was repaired and there was zero evidence of a new motors.

the interesting part with yours, if it really matters, the motor will now have a different vin.

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,374 Posts
Shit my car's been in the shop for a year. Part shortage. Hopefully I get it within the next month
I would contact the guys that keep stealing hellcats. They will hook you up with whatever part you need, discount prices, they do not offer factory warranty coverages though.
Honestly I would buy parts before a car of mine sat that long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hopefully your car gets fixed , mines at around 2300 miles with the second check engine light. First one was code PO302 and they replaced the fuel injector and then second check engine light came on this time code PO306. Car has been mostly at the dealership service since I got it :/ wonder what’s causing these engine misfire codes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't explain to much but I've been doing a lot of asking questions most common issues after they chang plugs and coils there's a leakage and these dealers and there diagnostic are a joke till your engine blow than they find the problem ..found out alone people are take there cars to performance shops getting there car fix and are not having any issues after they fix the problem, that's my next option when something goes wrong

1 - 20 of 55 Posts