SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems like both our redeyes may have similar issues , bought mine in June. Switched from the NB Challenger to the Wb Charger and was super excited. Both check engine lights on the Charger were misfire codes and it’s been at the dealership for about a month now. Its basically been at the dealership most of the time since I got it ….

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Something gone on keep hearing the same thing about these srt ,and they not giving us any any answers, Dodge advertise good but they don't tell the people if car break down you stuck till we decide to fix you .......

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Forget SRT, they can't do anything for you, they operate independently under Dodge's roof but aren't like AMG, they don't manufacture vehicles.

The Dodge experience is just so backwards. I made a post a while back about how Dodge is out of their depth, trying to sell expensive luxury priced cars to a clientele that's used to white glove treatment. I think that whole topic and what was said there applies here.
Yep, these guys want to nickel and dime buyers like they are buying economy cars instead of $100K vehicles. Dodge has done a fantastic job of alienating their core, I do think possibly we may see a return of a V8 if their electric sales are flat and they need something to put themselves in the limelight again, it will cost $200K and only have 3,000 made, but hey you can get a new V8 in 2029 with 4 catalytic converters and instead of a trunk you have an air filtration system.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,073 Posts
Istillcant readthisguys postsimout

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,651 Posts
Forget SRT, they can't do anything for you, they operate independently under Dodge's roof but aren't like AMG, they don't manufacture vehicles.

Yep, these guys want to nickel and dime buyers like they are buying economy cars instead of $100K vehicles. Dodge has done a fantastic job of alienating their core, I do think possibly we may see a return of a V8 if their electric sales are flat and they need something to put themselves in the limelight again, it will cost $200K and only have 3,000 made, but hey you can get a new V8 in 2029 with 4 catalytic converters and instead of a trunk you have an air filtration system.
I think there's a much higher chance of seeing a remake of the Neon days with a bunch of core marketed low budget grocery getters. Dodge's core buyer, since the beginning of time for them has been the mainstream working person. Dodge has been trying (either actively or by pure accident) to market expensive cars to people with the bank accounts to afford them. They haven't updated their business processes.

For example, you go into a Lexus dealership's service department. There's a big desk with 1-2 very nice looking business casual dressed service reps working the counter. They greet you and via an electronic check-in, you notify the service advisor you're there. They then put you in a cushy lobby with free snacks and coffee. The service advisor, dressed in a freaking suit, comes out and intakes your vehicle. Prior to leaving, they always check to see if you have a way home. If they have a loaner available, they'll offer it, but they also will pay for an Uber or Lyft.

At Dodge, you wander into the service department. The front desk is always empty and they use it for key storage apparently. People are busy. Nobody greets you and they avoid eye contact because it's not their turn to take a new client. That guy is in the bathroom. For the next 30 minutes. Eventually, someone who's 450lb and has dirty hands walks by and says, "Heeey, you been helped yet?" You say no and get halfway into telling him while you're here before he cuts you off and says, "Yeah, I'll let John know you're here. He's our SRT guy." Another 10 minutes goes by before John shows up. He apologizes for the wait and, while he's intaking your vehicle, he's interrupted 5 or 6 times, fields 2 phone calls, and forgets why your car was here and has to keep asking the same questions over and over.

When it's time to pick up your car at the Lexus dealership, you arrive and your car is spotless. They did a full exterior and interior detail on the car. It smells like new car again, and there is absolutely no visible signs that the car spent 4 days in a shop. I've even had them comp me a steak dinner at Ruth's Criss for being 2 days late on repair work due to an incorrect part shipment. They shake your hand, and you're out the door.

At Dodge, it's like before. Three days later, some teenager called and left a message that your car is ready. You show up, nobody makes eye contact, you sit around for 20 minutes wondering what circle of Dante's Hell this experience fits into, and eventually someone stops by to say, "Hey, if you're here to drop off a vehicle we're full, come back tomorrow." You tell them that you're here to pick up your car. They ask who the service manager is and you tell them John. "John's not here today." OK, great, who cares right? All you need is your car. That person goes to walk off so you have to say, "Soooo, where's my car?" The person says she'll go find somebody. Eventually some random employee shows up with an invoice and wants a signature. You ask for details about what was done to fix the problem and they again say John isn't here and they have no idea. You shrug, sigh, groan... something and say, "Whatever" and sign the invoice. They hand you the keys but don't tell you where the car is. They said it's "probably over on that side over there." It wasn't. You found it on the opposite end of the dealership in the overflow lot.

When you open the door, there's a crumpled up bit of plastic seat cover in the seat, not actually covering the seat. There's a couple of greasy "placed here for your protection -- remove prior to returning vehicle to cusotmer" floor mats still in the car. It smells like a High School locker room... and maybe a bit like a biker bar because the person clearly smoked and had yet to be instructed on how to wear deodorant. The car is coated in a fine, even coat of thick dust... like it was driven through a Sahara dust storm. On the way home you discover the car isn't fixed and is still doing the same thing. The next day you call John, and after leaving 2 voice mails he calls you back to say he doesn't know why they let you have the car back because they only test drove it and didn't find anything wrong yet.

I swear, in all my years of dealing with Dodge, the above happens almost every single time, in its entirety.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,169 Posts
I think there's a much higher chance of seeing a remake of the Neon days with a bunch of core marketed low budget grocery getters. Dodge's core buyer, since the beginning of time for them has been the mainstream working person. Dodge has been trying (either actively or by pure accident) to market expensive cars to people with the bank accounts to afford them. They haven't updated their business processes.

For example, you go into a Lexus dealership's service department. There's a big desk with 1-2 very nice looking business casual dressed service reps working the counter. They greet you and via an electronic check-in, you notify the service advisor you're there. They then put you in a cushy lobby with free snacks and coffee. The service advisor, dressed in a freaking suit, comes out and intakes your vehicle. Prior to leaving, they always check to see if you have a way home. If they have a loaner available, they'll offer it, but they also will pay for an Uber or Lyft.

At Dodge, you wander into the service department. The front desk is always empty and they use it for key storage apparently. People are busy. Nobody greets you and they avoid eye contact because it's not their turn to take a new client. That guy is in the bathroom. For the next 30 minutes. Eventually, someone who's 450lb and has dirty hands walks by and says, "Heeey, you been helped yet?" You say no and get halfway into telling him while you're here before he cuts you off and says, "Yeah, I'll let John know you're here. He's our SRT guy." Another 10 minutes goes by before John shows up. He apologizes for the wait and, while he's intaking your vehicle, he's interrupted 5 or 6 times, fields 2 phone calls, and forgets why your car was here and has to keep asking the same questions over and over.

When it's time to pick up your car at the Lexus dealership, you arrive and your car is spotless. They did a full exterior and interior detail on the car. It smells like new car again, and there is absolutely no visible signs that the car spent 4 days in a shop. I've even had them comp me a steak dinner at Ruth's Criss for being 2 days late on repair work due to an incorrect part shipment. They shake your hand, and you're out the door.

At Dodge, it's like before. Three days later, some teenager called and left a message that your car is ready. You show up, nobody makes eye contact, you sit around for 20 minutes wondering what circle of Dante's Hell this experience fits into, and eventually someone stops by to say, "Hey, if you're here to drop off a vehicle we're full, come back tomorrow." You tell them that you're here to pick up your car. They ask who the service manager is and you tell them John. "John's not here today." OK, great, who cares right? All you need is your car. That person goes to walk off so you have to say, "Soooo, where's my car?" The person says she'll go find somebody. Eventually some random employee shows up with an invoice and wants a signature. You ask for details about what was done to fix the problem and they again say John isn't here and they have no idea. You shrug, sigh, groan... something and say, "Whatever" and sign the invoice. They hand you the keys but don't tell you where the car is. They said it's "probably over on that side over there." It wasn't. You found it on the opposite end of the dealership in the overflow lot.

When you open the door, there's a crumpled up bit of plastic seat cover in the seat, not actually covering the seat. There's a couple of greasy "placed here for your protection -- remove prior to returning vehicle to cusotmer" floor mats still in the car. It smells like a High School locker room... and maybe a bit like a biker bar because the person clearly smoked and had yet to be instructed on how to wear deodorant. The car is coated in a fine, even coat of thick dust... like it was driven through a Sahara dust storm. On the way home you discover the car isn't fixed and is still doing the same thing. The next day you call John, and after leaving 2 voice mails he calls you back to say he doesn't know why they let you have the car back because they only test drove it and didn't find anything wrong yet.

I swear, in all my years of dealing with Dodge, the above happens almost every single time, in its entirety.
Brevity is the soul of wit. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2021 Superstock
216 Posts
Sounds to me like you think your entitled because you were able to spend big bucks for a car because you now make enough to afford more . But what about the guy who is starting out his career and works twice as hard as most of us and needs his car just as much as you

·
Registered
21 Charger Hellcat Widebody
127 Posts
Crysler just released for them to order me a motor gues they tried to investigate thinking it was my fault ... I've started the lemon law process , a new motor is good car still want run like it came from the factory, eventually there going to be some issues I want a new car
Just park it outside and it will be stolen in a n hour.

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,651 Posts
Sounds to me like you think your entitled because you were able to spend big bucks for a car because you now make enough to afford more . But what about the guy who is starting out his career and works twice as hard as most of us and needs his car just as much as you
Bad service is bad service. It doesn't matter if its a Timex watch or a $100,000 car. The problem is just exponentially worse when you get the Timex treatment on your $100,000 car.

The difference between the person starting out and someone like myself is that person starting out just assumes that bad or slow service is just part of life. They'll keep buying those cars from those dealerships. I won't. Do you think I'll set foot in Tallahassee Dodge again after they F'd me over my JB order? Nope. Luxury dealerships understand their clientele. We're busy people. Our time is very valuable. If a dealership wastes our time, we don't do business there. It's as simple as that. They functionally wasted about 12 hours of my actual time trying to track down the order, meeting with managers and so on. They wasted about 5 months of time in terms of the order being bogus and me not getting the car built, which put me out of the market for a JB (because I don't do high ADMs, which are now the norm... this wasn't the case in December).

While new career people might continue to do business at those bad dealerships, they don't spend much and they don't spend often. It's the mature people with a mature bank account that keeps dealerships open. You keep those people coming back by limiting their time investment and treating them well. It's basic math. In the past 4 years, I've spent $600,000 on cars from dealerships. $290,000 was from Tallahassee Dodge. As a dealership owner, do you want people like me, or do you want to alienate them and cater to someone who likely won't spend 1/3 of that in their entire lifetime on cars?

Therein lies the problem with Dodge in general. They're getting into the business of selling six-figure cars and they don't have the expertise with how to handle those "whale" type of customers. The typical customer who buys a $100,000 car is not typically someone who makes $35,000 per year. Those people buy from the used lot or end up on a low tier vehicle with a long term loan and a cosigner. For dealerships selling high end cars, it pays to prioritize the high end customer's time. Just one sale is worth 3-5 sales of lesser varieties... mainly because those people will flip cars every year or two and if the sales and service experience is good, they'll keep doing it at the same dealership. Lower income folks will buy a car and often drive it til the wheels fall off 10 years later.

Take my C8s for example. I do not expect a WWE theme song to play when I walk into the dealership. What I do expect is to have someone greet me, take my keys and let me go home. That's exactly what happens there. If I need an oil change, I pop in and they allow C8 and C7 customers to skip the line. My car goes on the next available lift and I'm out in 15-20 minutes. It sucks for the Equinox soccer mom who's been waiting for 2 hours, but case in point, I've bought 2 C8s from them now and she's been driving the same Equinox since 2010. As the dealership owner, who do you want to suck up to and keep them happy? The person who bought 2 expensive cars in 2 years or the soccer mom who bought a budget vehicle 11 years ago?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts