SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gor everything down price quoted and all. Going to make the deposit this week. Tell me what ya think. Granted im spending money on things i know some of you may say dont get bang for the buck and while probally true what gains there are add up for what I think overall should be pretty awesome. Note the car will see occasional strip time nothing major and NOT EVERY WEEKEND by no means.

Ive already got a 3.09 rear, diff brace, and AWE exhaust. Too that adding.....installed and tuned by HHP

Kooks 2' long tubes
Kooks green catted mid
Hhp VVT cam
Comp cams phase lock out
Hell raiser 3.1
Litens belt tensioner
1050 injectors
Ati damper stock size
Pinned crank
Jokers ported blower-snout
105mm TB
180 stat
Hhp shortened rear bars ( for my race wheels)

Tuned for 93 street and race for MS109
What you guys think? Ive got the redeye so my driveshaft is the same as in the demon, ive already checked the part number on it. Im not doing much racing so i didnt think axles were needed? Maybe 2 or 3 trips just for fun is all. Any thoughts on that?

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Wow! Awesome I like it馃憦馃憦馃憤

Registered
If your staying with stock size damper save yourself $500 and use the stock one. It has a million dollars on its design and is good for 13,000 rpm. I鈥檓 using my stock damper in my build, pinned of course. I鈥檒l post a picture of how ATI dampers crack over the drilled pin area, maybe that will change your mind as well, they are very thin.

Registered
Looks like a decent shopping list. Just my $.02 why not just spend the extra $850 and get a fully ported blower by joker? Also, any consideration into E85? Burns cooler, cheaper fuel if you go to a pump (bring a test kit), higher gains, etc. The 1050 might work for E85 but I would go 1300's and at a minimum a BAP but you would really want to go to dual pumps. You can also put a lower pulley and a smaller upper with E85. Also, are you somewhere that requires catted mid pipes? If not, why not go catless?

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a decent shopping list. Just my $.02 why not just spend the extra $850 and get a fully ported blower by joker? Also, any consideration into E85? Burns cooler, cheaper fuel if you go to a pump (bring a test kit), higher gains, etc. The 1050 might work for E85 but I would go 1300's and at a minimum a BAP but you would really want to go to dual pumps. You can also put a lower pulley and a smaller upper with E85. Also, are you somewhere that requires catted mid pipes? If not, why not go catless?
Definitely wanted to do E85 but unfortunately where I live there are no 85 stations within about a 100 mile radius of me so it's out of the question.

Trying to avoid the fumes that would come with going catless along with the overbearingly loud scream from the exhaust . I realise it's going to be pretty vicious no matter what but I feel that by retaining cats it will tame it somewhat.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your staying with stock size damper save yourself $500 and use the stock one. It has a million dollars on its design and is good for 13,000 rpm. I鈥檓 using my stock damper in my build, pinned of course. I鈥檒l post a picture of how ATI dampers crack over the drilled pin area, maybe that will change your mind as well, they are very thin.
So ultimately there really isn't any benefit from swapping them ? Thanks for the insight.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Why stock lower and a 3.1 upper?
I would ditch the cam and throw a 10%od lower and a 2.85 up top. Save yourself money and get way more power.

Reactions: Deadcat

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why stock lower and a 3.1 upper?
I would ditch the cam and throw a 10%od lower and a 2.85 up top. Save yourself money and get way more power.
Recommendation from HHP, safe limit boost for pump gas. Remember this is a Redeye, not a regular cat.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
I like everything except that I would keep the stock lower balancer and double pin it. They should not charge you much to add a second pin. I did it myself and it only added 15 more minutes of work to rotate the guide tool 180 degrees and drill the second hole. To make up for the loss of boost just go with a smaller upper pulley it's cheaper than the money you'll spend on an ATI balancer. I would use a grip tech pulley. I also don't think you'll need a littens belt tensioner especially with a griptech pulley.

I know you won't be doing much racing but I still like the peace of mind that I get from having a one-piece driveshaft. Also with increased boost comes more heat so for your next round of mods I would consider improving the supercharger cooling system.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat

Registered
How about the Magnuson kit I just spotted for sale from VMP?

Registered
So ultimately there really isn't any benefit from swapping them ? Thanks for the insight.
If your staying stock size down below no there really isn鈥檛 any benefit in disturbing the stock damper, the stock damper is well engineered. Here is what a recent double pinned damper hub looked like when pulled. It cracked at a pin drill point. This damper was drilled deeper then it needed to be. When you pin your damper only one pin is really needed and don鈥檛 drill it deeper then needed, all your doing is weakening it by doing so.
11BFD7D2-83CD-4007-A239-07B7A6DB65F7.jpeg
CE6882C7-C64C-4104-8A98-889039C368C6.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts