SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which shop to go to

• Livernois

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • HHP

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Overkill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • National speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to forget about my warranty.

I've been keeping my Durango stock for the most part because I was thinking I'd end up flipping it, was offered $120k from the dealer I bought it from which would've been a $30k profit minus taxes registration etc. Ended up turning it down because honestly love this freaking behemoth lol

My biggest issue I'm located in the Springfield MO area and have no clue if there is well known mopar shops near me, I have a list of shops I'd like to work with but this is my first time voiding my warranty so I want my first time to be a magical time 馃槈

Shops I have in mind are
-Livernois - closes to me
-HHP- I basically buy all my goodies that don't void warranty here
-Overkill
-And national speed.

My goals are flex fuel
Ported blower and snout with race bearings
Bigger throttle body
Upgraded fuel pumps (not a BAP)
Long tube headers with no CATs
Killer chiller
Thermo blanket and spacer

In addition to the stage kits these shops provide like HHP stage 2 or livernois S1150 package.

Livernois is the most appealing to me because they use an AWD dyno and they're 12 hours away so I wouldn't need to ship the car making it alot more affordable lol

Please be kind I'm a rookie here but would love to know if there is other shops I should look at first

Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
I know a shop that has done this and the beast is amazing (and the guy drives it, street/track, etc) without issues. The problem is that the shop is in NC and that鈥檚 not close enough to even consider. Given your location my vote is Livernois as they seem to have a great reputation and it鈥檚 close to you (a huge plus in my book if anything does go wrong). Good luck!!!

Registered
A Van Down by the River
I don't hear much about Livernois but its supposed to be a good shop. If 12 hours is the closet decent shop then you don't have much choice without shipping your car somewhere else. 12 hours is a LONG ways for me to any shop.

Registered
Charger 392
Here is a list of shops that the members of the SRT8 Jeep forum recommended for MOPAR work in your area. All near Dallas/Ft Worth

Lone Star Performance in Addison
21st Century Muscle in Addison
True Street Motorsports in McKinney

Reactions: 2fast4u

Registered
12 hours is close? Lol ok. Those are just basic bolt-ons bro it doesnt really matter who u take it to. Go with who's closest but I would not do a Flex-Tune.

Get a dedicated 93 pump gas tune and a dedicated E85 tune. The Flex tunes are not that aggressive and these computers dont compensate fast enough.

I would also run Methanol to cool ur IAT's. As far as the killer-chiller I have had nothing but problems with it in the past and refuse to run on on my Trackhawk. Comes standard on my Redeye.

Those ******* things leak everywhere and when they do ur car no longer functions properly till u get it sorted out and finding the leaks is a PITA! Never again! Half my buddies have had the same exact issues with theirs.

I would opt for the Billet Lid from TBA over the spacer. I would also recommened a Cam as u will pick up 40 whp with it. Theyre pretty cheap.

Registered
Charger 392
Just my two cents but you have a Hellcat Durango, limited production. The upgrades you are looking at are going to take more than just a day to get put on right. Consider shipping the SUV to the "best" shop to do the work. My vote is Livernois or HHP. Both shops have transports they trust and use. I would call the shop, get an estimate as to the time involved then figure out the cost of driving, flying back and forth or waiting for the SUV to be completed. Bounce that off of the transport fee.

Registered
Problem is shipping is $1500-2000+ for any reasonable distance these days with Diesel fuel being $6.50 a gallon smh...... And thats ONE-WAY!

Use to be a viable option for many. Not now. That would be half the cost of the labor and parts bill!

Just my two cents but you have a Hellcat Durango, limited production. The upgrades you are looking at are going to take more than just a day to get put on right. Consider shipping the SUV to the "best" shop to do the work. My vote is Livernois or HHP. Both shops have transports they trust and use. I would call the shop, get an estimate as to the time involved then figure out the cost of driving, flying back and forth or waiting for the SUV to be completed. Bounce that off of the transport fee.

Registered
Charger 392
Must have gone up a lot. My car was shipped from Knoxville TN to Martinsville VA back in Feb of this year and it cost me $395 one way. I went and picked it up when finished. I used the shops prefered carrier

Registered
Bro thats like 4 hours. I would drive it there and have someone follow me if it was that close.....

Must have gone up a lot. My car was shipped from Knoxville TN to Martinsville VA back in Feb of this year and it cost me $395 one way. I went and picked it up when finished. I used the shops prefered carrier

Reactions: Blkout
1 - 15 of 15 Posts