SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here’s my 2020 Hellcat Redeye.. “GOKU”

(Yes the banana is coming off) lol

As for the build, the car is currently set up on pump E85 that averages here Dallas near me around 83-87%.

Its primarily a street car that is sometimes raced at the track. (2 to 4 times a quarter) I’m not planing on taking it down to Mexico on a regular basis either if you catch my drift. Lol

The build process has already started by Bailys Hyperformance, I’m wanting to share data points of the journey here with the group.

As seen above the engine has already come out and we started the build in November, it will be a fully forged 426 stroker kit on the 6.2 Redeye engine.

The Build:
- 426 Stroker with forged Bolts, rods, pistons, and the crank.

- We are going with an upgraded cam (Bailys shop cam)

- We are porting the stock heads. Upgrading lifters, and all bottom end engine components.

- I went with the Magnuson TVS 2650 with upgrades to the front and rear cog pulleys. (I’ve also decided to go with the Big John Racing dual idler pulley)

- The car has a Legmaker Intake but adding a 108mm Kong Throttle body.

- Also adding a spacer to the blower intercooler.

- Running Kooks 3in SS Long tube headers, cat less mids, and exhaust. (Not sure what the back pressure will be as a 3in all the way back but I guess we’ll see)

- For fuel it hasn’t been fully decided yet because it’s based on our tuner but FIC 1700cc or 2000cc injectors. (No nitrous right now but it’s going to be added in the future)

- The fuel system that’s going to be ran is the FORE triple fuel pump system.

- With all of this air to combat heat, we’re going with a Stage two power chiller to upgrade the AC lines and factory power chiller and a 160 thermostat.

ALSO this might be over kill but it will have an ice tank in the trunk because I can’t be to

- The transmission is getting fully built to help out with all the extra torque, and we went with a 4 inch aluminum driveshaft rated up to 1400whp.

- As for the rear end, the subframe bushing have been upgraded front and rear, and performance development differential brace is covering the 3.09 gears.

- The axles have all been upgraded to 1400whp even though I’m sure at the track they may still break eventually.

- And Finally as for the Suspension, all control arms, and supporting has been upgraded to the fixed BWoody versions.

- The car WILL have a roll cage, rear seat deleted and 325/30r20 r888r Toyo’s while away from the track, and rolling Welds Racing Beedlocks 17x11 on 345 Mickey Thompson 50 inch side wall at the track.

Guys I’m so excited on this build and I can’t wait to share the end result. As I get more information I’ll do my best to share it along the way both here and Youtube. As said earlier, this car is being built by Chris over there at Bailys Hyperformance her in the DFW, Texas area and the tuning is being done by Curt Dusterhoff Tuning.

I have no freaking idea what this thing is going to make, however I’d like to be pushing on Race E85 at that 1400 whp and similar torque. The goal is fastest Redeye but I guess we’ll see. The car is about a month away from being done then the tuning should start.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their 2020, and let’s jump into this 2021 head first!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
Wow, now that is a build. Not sure how street able this car is going to be lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm doing this now and am finding out a lot of the guys doing this are moving the top ring up on the piston making it weaker so they can use the stock head gaskets yet.
and most are a 422.7 cubic inch
4.050 stroke and a 4.100 bore is a 426
or 4.000 stroke and a 4.125 bore is a 426
most are 4.000 stroke and a 4.100 bore with a small block chevy rod 6.125

also went with a tvs2650 being fully ported by jokers
I'm having Diamond pistons made do the top ring is in the correct spot
id 1700's Peitz performance said 1300's would work
callis ultra I beam rods callis crank
sounds like we will both have the same build

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
113 Posts
Wow you are leaving no stone unturned. That is going to be an incredible build, can't wait to see the final result.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, now that is a build. Not sure how street able this car is going to be lol
lol I’ll baby it. but first, we’re going for the record. Assuming we can put the power down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing this now and am finding out a lot of the guys doing this are moving the top ring up on the piston making it weaker so they can use the stock head gaskets yet.
and most are a 422.7 cubic inch
4.050 stroke and a 4.100 bore is a 426
or 4.000 stroke and a 4.125 bore is a 426
most are 4.000 stroke and a 4.100 bore with a small block chevy rod 6.125

also went with a tvs2650 being fully ported by jokers
I'm having Diamond pistons made do the top ring is in the correct spot
id 1700's Peitz performance said 1300's would work
callis ultra I beam rods callis crank
sounds like we will both have the same build
Nice brother, can’t wait to hear your results. I’m not sure which angle the machine shop when on the bore and stroke yet as the engine isn’t back and the decision was made by Bailys, however I’ll find out once the engine returns. Good luck with your build.🙏🏾

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nice brother, can’t wait to hear your results. I’m not sure which angle the machine shop when on the bore and stroke yet as the engine isn’t back and the decision was made by Bailys, however I’ll find out once the engine returns. Good luck with your build.🙏🏾
Only thing I got so far is rods. Rest is in order.
will be in Texas to tune it.
ADD9D928-F6A7-4A1F-8FA5-85AE8B4E55A9.jpeg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow you are leaving no stone unturned. That is going to be an incredible build, can't wait to see the final result.
Thanks bro, you, Demonology, and I all need to find a table at Gabblebees the next time you’re down here in Dallas to see who first gets the menu... lol JK man, love the videos 🔥

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might as well tub it for 355’s in back :cool:
We just might have to lol I’m sure they’ll fight the Widebody rear with a slightly smaller side wall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only thing I got so far is rods. Rest is in order.
will be in Texas to tune it.
View attachment 565432
That’s beautiful 😻 it took a while to get all of my parts in. Most of my parts were on order since July. Just got everything in last month.

Have you found your tuner yet?

·
Registered
830 Posts
That’s beautiful 😻 it took a while to get all of my parts in. Most of my parts were on order since July. Just got everything in last month.

Have you found your tuner yet?
yes Alex Peitz had helped me for years.
i did have my heads ported already
cam i like to compare when you get yours.
but we di have almost the same build. im going 27% overdriven and a 3 inch front pulley

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,857 Posts
We just might have to lol I’m sure they’ll fight the Widebody rear with a slightly smaller side wall.
I contacted Dave Kindig about tubbing our cars a while back & he said it would be around $2-3K plus parts to do. Not sure how that all goes together but he didn’t seem to have a problem with it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I contacted Dave Kindig about tubbing our cars a while back & he said it would be around $2K plus parts to do. Not sure how that all goes together but he didn’t seem to have a problem with it.
that really don't seem out of line

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes Alex Peitz had helped me for years.
i did have my heads ported already
cam i like to compare when you get yours.
but we di have almost the same build. im going 27% overdriven and a 3 inch front pulley
I forgot to mention that we are going with the usually ATI 10% lower dampener.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts