SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,394 Posts
Honestly if I was you knowing I was going to pull the engine and stroke it, I would have saved myself 20K and bought a Hellcat widebody. That savings would have gone into the mods. But I'm cheap LOL. Looking forward to the results.

R.K.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
i would send your blower to jokers to be ported
Yes, we’re going to send it off on the next upgrade when adding Nitrous. I like to do things in bunches. But definitely in the plans within the next couple of months or so.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes, we’re going to send it off on the next upgrade when adding Nitrous. I like to do things in bunches. But definitely in the plans within the next couple of months or so.
contact me i can hook you up
I'm just going to run a nozzle with a 100 shot

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
contact me i can hook you up
I'm just going to run a nozzle with a 100 shot
We’re looking to go direct port injection with the nitrous at 100-150 shot. Honestly we have no idea what this car is capable of until it’s put together but I’ll definitely reach out when I’m ready.

The goal is high 7 “with” nitrous so we’ll see.

·
Registered
830 Posts
We’re looking to go direct port injection with the nitrous at 100-150 shot. Honestly we have no idea what this car is capable of until it’s put together but I’ll definitely reach out when I’m ready.

The goal is high 7 “with” nitrous so we’ll see.
mine is 8 anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
52 Posts
I think some of us would like to see what the cost of these different mod's are, only if you don't mind sharing, if not that's fine some don't mind and some do. Good Luck you will have a lot of fun dialing in the rear for a good hook up.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think some of us would like to see what the cost of these different mod's are, only if you don't mind sharing, if not that's fine some don't mind and some do. Good Luck you will have a lot of fun dialing in the rear for a good hook up.
everyone's is different I do my own work but i can break down what i have so far
crank 4.000 stroke $800.00
diamond pistons $1200
i beam rods $1800
head gaskets $220
head porting free
cam $550
injectors $300 after selling mine
trans free parts from alto
maggie 2650 $5800

had head studs main studs killer chiller already

sold my old supercharger for $6000
my old crank cam and rods and pistons for $2000.00

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As for the cost of this build for me will be more on the higher end because I’m not the hand actually building the car. So from the perspective of the “open wallet 😢” lol I can tell you the cost for everything is pretty a 2nd Hellcat at this point. As the forged 426 kit and engine components, with built transmission and Magnuson with installation was north of $40k. Then you add the needed parts and supported mods, and I’m in the 60s. Doesn’t include the cosmetic mods that going in the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
I kind of figured you would top 150k with car and build. Funny how the mods just add up. And up and up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
Yea but it will be one hell of a bad ass car when done. Wish i had the balls to do this to mine.
For this kind of cash I would hope so....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Curious about the Kooks 3" headers. That's the output or the primary tube diameter? if it's the primaries, I will be avidly interested in seeing the results.
BTW, ZERO backpressure is ideal. Having exhaust seats ported directly to a deep space vacuum would be the ideal exhaust system.

The less-knowledgeable (not to be confused with less-ballyhooed) think that exhaust needs "correct backpressure."
What it likes to have is away-from-the-port velocity. If each exhaust tract, on a per-cylinder basis could be individually tailored to reshape itself at each RPM and throttle position, it would be longer and skinnier at low RPM and shorter and fatter at higher RPM to match the peak outward velocity to the desired RPM/throttle position for lowest possible pressure at the exhaust valve upon exhaust opening.

For a real-world illustration of this on the INTAKE side, look at the Mazda 787b race car powered by the variable-intake-geometry 4-rotor 26b rotary engine. While it only varied the LENGTH of the intake tract, it still demonstrates that longer runners for low RPM and shorter ones for high RPM are desirable for pulsed flow situations.

For CONSTANT flow situations, the bigger the better and the shorter the better, the only limitations being the desired attributes of the airflow entering the intake (of a turbofan, turbocharger, whatever) are that it is without turbulence, is as high-pressure as possible, and has the most practically smooth transition from the entire atmosphere to the intake itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Curious about the Kooks 3" headers. That's the output or the primary tube diameter? if it's the primaries, I will be avidly interested in seeing the results.
BTW, ZERO backpressure is ideal. Having exhaust seats ported directly to a deep space vacuum would be the ideal exhaust system.

The less-knowledgeable (not to be confused with less-ballyhooed) think that exhaust needs "correct backpressure."
What it likes to have is away-from-the-port velocity. If each exhaust tract, on a per-cylinder basis could be individually tailored to reshape itself at each RPM and throttle position, it would be longer and skinnier at low RPM and shorter and fatter at higher RPM to match the peak outward velocity to the desired RPM/throttle position for lowest possible pressure at the exhaust valve upon exhaust opening.

For a real-world illustration of this on the INTAKE side, look at the Mazda 787b race car powered by the variable-intake-geometry 4-rotor 26b rotary engine. While it only varied the LENGTH of the intake tract, it still demonstrates that longer runners for low RPM and shorter ones for high RPM are desirable for pulsed flow situations.

For CONSTANT flow situations, the bigger the better and the shorter the better, the only limitations being the desired attributes of the airflow entering the intake (of a turbofan, turbocharger, whatever) are that it is without turbulence, is as high-pressure as possible, and has the most practically smooth transition from the entire atmosphere to the intake itself.
The 3in is the diameter tubes from the engine back to the tips. LT headers + mid pipes + axle back exhaust. From what I read scavenging is desired, but yes I’m not want back pressure.
But I’m sure Bailys and Curt has that handled.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
33 Posts
Look forward to seeing that thing done. I have a pretty similar build going on right now down at Demon Performance for my trackhawk. 426 forged everything with fire hoops, their custom stroker screw cam, kooks longtubes with green cats, port and polished heads, all the bells and whistles to support everything but kept the little 2.4L blower just had Jokerz do their full race package on it. Wasn't ready to jump to a bigger blower yet as I am waiting to see what that 3L Maggie looks like next year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Look forward to seeing that thing done. I have a pretty similar build going on right now down at Demon Performance for my trackhawk. 426 forged everything with fire hoops, their custom stroker screw cam, kooks longtubes with green cats, port and polished heads, all the bells and whistles to support everything but kept the little 2.4L blower just had Jokerz do their full race package on it. Wasn't ready to jump to a bigger blower yet as I am waiting to see what that 3L Maggie looks like next year.
Your Hawk is gonna be nasty! Yeah I heard about the new 3.0 TVS blower coming out next year. They really do a good job of maximizing airflow while keeping the heat down. Good luck with your build man, hope to see it as well when it’s finished.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
33 Posts
Your Hawk is gonna be nasty! Yeah I heard about the new 3.0 TVS blower coming out next year. They really do a good job of maximizing airflow while keeping the heat down. Good luck with your build man, hope to see it as well when it’s finished.
Thanks. I didnt want to go crazy with the 4.2 KB or 4.5 Whipple as I still daily drive this thing. I think the 3.0 will be a perfect upgrade so I am not spinning this 2.4 to the moon. Going to be in a 2.65 upper and ati lower so will create a lot of heat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks. I didnt want to go crazy with the 4.2 KB or 4.5 Whipple as I still daily drive this thing. I think the 3.0 will be a perfect upgrade so I am not spinning this 2.4 to the moon. Going to be in a 2.65 upper and ati lower so will create a lot of heat.
I just checked with Magnuson on their stage 2 kit, the TVS2650 S2 can move 650 more CFM of air over the standard model. Which per Magnuson is equivalent to a 4.0 supercharger, with less weight.

I do have the stage 2 version so we will have to see at the dyno stage of my build. So I’ll keep a look out at the CFM potential of the 3.0, it may be a while before a more optimized version. So the 2650 may be future proof for at least 2 to 3 more years.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts