SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Something to keep in mind: every time air has to change direction, change cross section, or touch anything, it uses energy, which translates to lost PSI versus the input of the original PSI. Also, subsonic compressible flow evidently does not mind a rounded front edge of something it has to pass around, but it hates a rounded BACK end, which is why airplane wings are round on front and sharp on the rear.

Examine the path of your airflow from outside car to the cylinders. If you want ultimate flow, then taper the back ends of any obstructions to a point at about 20 degrees of angle, and round off the front.

These same rules do not apply entirely to incompressible flow, such as supersonic airflow and liquids.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
435 Posts
Hey guys here’s my 2020 Hellcat Redeye.. “GOKU”

View attachment 565420 View attachment 565421

(Yes the banana is coming off) lol

As for the build, the car is currently set up on pump E85 that averages here Dallas near me around 83-87%.

Its primarily a street car that is sometimes raced at the track. (2 to 4 times a quarter) I’m not planing on taking it down to Mexico on a regular basis either if you catch my drift. Lol

The build process has already started by Bailys Hyperformance, I’m wanting to share data points of the journey here with the group.

View attachment 565422

As seen above the engine has already come out and we started the build in November, it will be a fully forged 426 stroker kit on the 6.2 Redeye engine.

The Build:
- 426 Stroker with forged Bolts, rods, pistons, and the crank.

- We are going with an upgraded cam (Bailys shop cam)

- We are porting the stock heads. Upgrading lifters, and all bottom end engine components.

- I went with the Magnuson TVS 2650 with upgrades to the front and rear cog pulleys. (I’ve also decided to go with the Big John Racing dual idler pulley)

- The car has a Legmaker Intake but adding a 108mm Kong Throttle body.

- Also adding a spacer to the blower intercooler.

- Running Kooks 3in SS Long tube headers, cat less mids, and exhaust. (Not sure what the back pressure will be as a 3in all the way back but I guess we’ll see)

- For fuel it hasn’t been fully decided yet because it’s based on our tuner but FIC 1700cc or 2000cc injectors. (No nitrous right now but it’s going to be added in the future)

- The fuel system that’s going to be ran is the FORE triple fuel pump system.

- With all of this air to combat heat, we’re going with a Stage two power chiller to upgrade the AC lines and factory power chiller and a 160 thermostat.

ALSO this might be over kill but it will have an ice tank in the trunk because I can’t be to

- The transmission is getting fully built to help out with all the extra torque, and we went with a 4 inch aluminum driveshaft rated up to 1400whp.

- As for the rear end, the subframe bushing have been upgraded front and rear, and performance development differential brace is covering the 3.09 gears.

- The axles have all been upgraded to 1400whp even though I’m sure at the track they may still break eventually.

- And Finally as for the Suspension, all control arms, and supporting has been upgraded to the fixed BWoody versions.

- The car WILL have a roll cage, rear seat deleted and 325/30r20 r888r Toyo’s while away from the track, and rolling Welds Racing Beedlocks 17x11 on 345 Mickey Thompson 50 inch side wall at the track.

Guys I’m so excited on this build and I can’t wait to share the end result. As I get more information I’ll do my best to share it along the way both here and Youtube. As said earlier, this car is being built by Chris over there at Bailys Hyperformance her in the DFW, Texas area and the tuning is being done by Curt Dusterhoff Tuning.

I have no freaking idea what this thing is going to make, however I’d like to be pushing on Race E85 at that 1400 whp and similar torque. The goal is fastest Redeye but I guess we’ll see. The car is about a month away from being done then the tuning should start.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their 2020, and let’s jump into this 2021 head first!
You this is super cool, but there a article online for a well known performance shop (which I can’t recall the name )that offers a 15000 hp kit for a total price of 10,999. Installed...granted it’s not even close to what your doing as far as completely going through the car, but still...it’s good food for thought as they believe that the stock redeye engine can handle that type of power with their kit..as well as the most of the drive line...crazy how different shops that are supposedly really good at their job and knowledgeable can have such different opinions....
if it was me and I could afford it I’d go with your route..
sweet build...

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You this is super cool, but there a article online for a well known performance shop (which I can’t recall the name )that offers a 15000 hp kit for a total price of 10,999. Installed...granted it’s not even close to what your doing as far as completely going through the car, but still...it’s good food for thought as they believe that the stock redeye engine can handle that type of power with their kit..as well as the most of the drive line...crazy how different shops that are supposedly really good at their job and knowledgeable can have such different opinions....
if it was me and I could afford it I’d go with your route..
sweet build...
Lol I saw it, those rods and pistons are screaming OOOOF 😅

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
15,000 is alot of hp

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
435 Posts
Honestly if I was you knowing I was going to pull the engine and stroke it, I would have saved myself 20K and bought a Hellcat widebody. That savings would have gone into the mods. But I'm cheap LOL. Looking forward to the results.

R.K.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense ....I think the redeye is for those of us who would be either happy stock or mildly modified with a extra 100-200 hp...lol..as he has pretty much removed all the redeye parts...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
435 Posts
I kind of figured you would top 150k with car and build. Funny how the mods just add up. And up and up.
Yeah but it will be bad ass when done..although unlike a classic car where you can get back a larger proportion of your investment back if not more on some cars, these mods loose a lot more value left on the car when sold versus parting it out ,if you can R&R it all yourself..
that said the fun factor more than out weighs the investment otherwise us car nuts wouldn’t do it,lol..
super cool build thanks for sharing and I hope you get yrs of safe enjoyment and pleasure from it...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yeah but it will be bad ass when done..although unlike a classic car where you can get back a larger proportion of your investment back if not more on some cars, these mods loose a lot more value left on the car when sold versus parting it out ,if you can R&R it all yourself..
that said the fun factor more than out weighs the investment otherwise us car nuts wouldn’t do it,lol..
super cool build thanks for sharing and I hope you get yrs of safe enjoyment and pleasure from it...
As for investment wise, I actually race this car. I love taking my Redeye out to competitions and events here in Texas.
You can win some money, when it was only pushing 800+ to the wheels, I won the Redlist event here in Dallas and that was a $1,000 payout. (Still had the black tags on the back lol)

I also have other business plans with this car on the horizon, but yes to spend this much on any vehicle makes absolutely no financial sense unless it’s used to serve a purpose.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
435 Posts
As for investment wise, I actually race this car. I love taking my Redeye out to competitions and events here in Texas.
You can win some money, when it was only pushing 800+ to the wheels, I won the Redlist event here in Dallas and that was a $1,000 payout. (Still had the black tags on the back lol)

I also have other business plans with this car on the horizon, but yes to spend this much on any vehicle makes absolutely no financial sense unless it’s used to serve a purpose.
Yep but as long as it makes you happy that’s all that matters...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Manley Connecting Rods and CP Pistons going in the 426 Hemi today 👀

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
435 Posts
I get that ppl either choose parts based off of what they have had before or read about ,or other times it’s the engine Builder and tuner who make the decision based off availability and experience..but I’ve seen so many different combos isn’t there simply a brand that’s above all else that supports the targeted HP,Within reason ? What made you choose your combo ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I get that ppl either choose parts based off of what they have had before or read about ,or other times it’s the engine Builder and tuner who make the decision based off availability and experience..but I’ve seen so many different combos isn’t there simply a brand that’s above all else that supports the targeted HP,Within reason ? What made you choose your combo ?
When going with a larger displacement, the goal isn’t a higher RPM “at least for me” I choose this combo based on my increased cylinder pressure. CP Pistons are some of the best pistons you can get. We did not change the compression.

The piston rings were my builders choice as he likes them above all. And the Manley Rods are supposed by my billet crank “Callies”, this combo is just a trusted combo based on experience.

There are so many brands, you just gotta follow your research. There’s a ton of suggestions but it’s your money and car at the end of the day.

·
Registered
830 Posts
When going with a larger displacement, the goal isn’t a higher RPM “at least for me” I choose this combo based on my increased cylinder pressure. CP Pistons are some of the best pistons you can get. We did not change the compression.

The piston rings were my builders choice as he likes them above all. And the Manley Rods are supposed by my billet crank “Callies”, this combo is just a trusted combo based on experience.

There are so many brands, you just gotta follow your research. There’s a ton of suggestions but it’s your money and car at the end of the day.
WHY NOT go with a I beam rod

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
WHY NOT go with a I beam rod
Because the I beams available didn’t fit MY particular application. There’s multiple ways to produce horsepower, this is what we wanted to do as a collective.

I’m sure many others will have their reason for I beams on THEIR particular application.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Because the I beams available didn’t fit MY particular application. There’s multiple ways to produce horsepower, this is what we wanted to do as a collective.

I’m sure many others will have their reason for I beams on THEIR particular application.
I ask this because the power you your saying you want to make Manley does not make a H beam rated that high?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I ask this because the power you your saying you want to make Manley does not make a H beam rated that high?
According to who?

No connecting rod manufacturing company rate their products based on horsepower... Sounds like you do a lot of research, care to share some info that you've used personally in your hellcat that has stood the test of time in your 1000+hp engine?

H beam and I beam usages are case by case, I am aware of Manley's high boost I beam rods, that's not the route we wanted to take.

·
Registered
830 Posts
According to who?

No connecting rod manufacturing company rate their products based on horsepower... Sounds like you do a lot of research, care to share some info that you've used personally in your hellcat that has stood the test of time in your 1000+hp engine?

H beam and I beam usages are case by case, I am aware of Manley's high boost I beam rods, that's not the route we wanted to take.
right from Manley's web sight

Chrysler 5.7L /6.1L /6.2L /6.4L Hemi H-Beam & H-Tuff Series Rods Manufactured from 4340 forgings Heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and 100% magnafluxed Weight matched sets + 1.5 grams Cap fasteners are premium 7/16” ARP 8740 or optional ARP 2000 cap screws Flywheel horsepower range for these rods: 725 HP (ARP 8740), 775 HP (ARP 2000) - Oval Track 750 HP (ARP 8740), 900 HP (ARP 2000) - Drag Race 1,000 HP (Oval Track), 1,200+ HP (Drag Race) – H-Tuff

41 - 60 of 81 Posts