SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
right from Manley's web sight

Chrysler 5.7L /6.1L /6.2L /6.4L Hemi H-Beam & H-Tuff Series Rods Manufactured from 4340 forgings Heat treated, stress relieved, shot peened and 100% magnafluxed Weight matched sets + 1.5 grams Cap fasteners are premium 7/16” ARP 8740 or optional ARP 2000 cap screws Flywheel horsepower range for these rods: 725 HP (ARP 8740), 775 HP (ARP 2000) - Oval Track 750 HP (ARP 8740), 900 HP (ARP 2000) - Drag Race 1,000 HP (Oval Track), 1,200+ HP (Drag Race) – H-Tuff
I’m still waiting for your personal experience. Again, which set did you choose for your 1000+hp build?

Or it’s not too late to say you have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re just giving random none solicited internet advice.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I’m still waiting for your personal experience. Again, which set did you choose for your 1000+hp build?

Or it’s not too late to say you have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re just giving random none solicited internet advice.
i will be in texas first week of march if you want to line them up? and you can see if i know what im talking about!

you said they don't rate them I just showed you they do.

I have and if you look back i sent you a picture of what I have.

·
Registered
830 Posts
i will be in texas first week of march if you want to line them up? and you can see if i know what im talking about!
and I but mine not paid someone

you said they don't rate them I just showed you they do.

I have and if you look back i sent you a picture of what I have.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody | 426/Magnuson TVS2650, Ported Heads, Built Trans.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Gonna be at Texas Motorplex on March 6.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I went with H-Tuff rods, test of time proven a work horse rod and a good bang for the buck. BTW, my stock Hellcat rods took 950 wheel for 2 years, a bad tune or bad fuel will break the best of the best rod no matter what it’s rated for.
Just as important as the rod and the piston if not more important what kind of wrist pin did you go with? That’s gonna be more of your downfall than a piston rod or crankshaft even if you chose the wrong pin.

B100C7EF-B91D-46FD-8A23-2012B202FD9D.png

B4CE3D17-957E-46DC-8712-536BDB14AF4E.jpeg

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
BTW, My pins alone I chose to use cost as much as the bare pistons. Do some research on pins before you put those slugs in their holes. The pins most piston suppliers send as stock with their pistons aren’t up for the same rating as they rate the pistons for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Dyno Day: 1 Heat Cycling!

Car numbers?

My Hellcat Redeye is only a shell of itself right now. We need to break in the motor so the rings can sit properly, this is a big deal obviously.

First before I reveal the real numbers here’s an update.

Because we changed all 4 wheels and fully built the rear-end, it needs an alignment bad! The goal is 100% contact to the ground, so on the dyno machine only 15-20% of the inside tires were making contact with the Dyno machine.

Next, the car isn’t on its intended injector size, the final form is 2200 injectors. Right now we have 1350s in during the break in process. Also our fuel, the final form will have race ethanol. Right now it’s just on e50. Not even full e85.

Also, the pulley that’s on the Magnuson TVS2650 is a 3.50 and eventually we will be pulleying down to a 3.00 “shown in a previous video”

Lastly, the RPMs we intend to have the max RPM at 7000, today we never went over 4000 RPM.

Now with all this being said, the numbers:

-With only 15-20% tire contact
-lower octane fuel
-less than 4000RPM
-on the big pulley “3.50”
It made 790whp at 3800RPM only at 7pounds of boost. 👀👀👀

We will be at 25pounds on Race Ethanol, should easily make 1500hp. So fellas, stay tuned!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
93 Posts
View attachment 571496
Car numbers?

My Hellcat Redeye is only a shell of itself right now. We need to break in the motor so the rings can sit properly, this is a big deal obviously.

Because we changed all 4 wheels and fully built the rear-end, it needs an alignment bad! The goal is 100% contact to the ground, so on the dyno machine only 15-20% of the inside tires were making contact with the Dyno machine.

Next, the car isn’t on its intended injector size, the final form is 2200 injectors. Right now we have 1350s in during the break in process. Also our fuel, the final form will have race ethanol. Right now it’s just on e50. Not even full e85.

Also, the pulley that’s on the Magnuson TVS2650 is a 3.50 and eventually we will be pulleying down to a 3.00 “shown in a previous video”

Lastly, the RPMs we intend to have the max RPM at 7000, today we never went over 4000 RPM.

-lower octane fuel
-less than 4000RPM

We will be at 25pounds on Race Ethanol, should easily make 1500hp. So fellas, stay tuned!
all I request is for you to keep the updates coming. Love what you got going

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,395 Posts
Wow, now that is a build. Not sure how street able this car is going to be lol
Won't be streetable at all if you mean actually being able to use any of the power. You can drive it but you can't mash the throttle at all. At this power level its 100% race car that "can" be driven on the street but probably shouldn't. I see a lot of regret in this build if its not tracked regularly.

Reactions: SRTBRO and Radride

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
434 Posts
Wow, now that is a build. Not sure how street able this car is going to be lol
Ok upfront I’m going to ramble on little little .about the EPA’s BS .:) It’s not going to be street legal period with no catts :..I’ve always been against emissions in my younger years as in the 80’s early 90’s emissions still effected the cars HP BUT today the factory provides the best High flow catts they ever have,& they don’t really effect HP EITHER DOES the rest of the emissions system .. especially when we can get an 800 hp car with emissions that work..now when you start bumping it up it effects it but the aftermarket has provided 100cel catts now which even in a car making 1400 Ho the losse down low is about 1-5hp and around 15-20 above 6000rpm..so ask your self is 15 hp on a 1400hp supposedly street car worth a 15k fine from the Epa ? I say hell NO ! ..the EPA is hitting tuners hard In the past couple yrs and even going to shops and forcing them to past tail pipe emission tests and while some cars without catts on E85 can pass it ,many or most tuned high HP CAMMED on pump gas can’t ..
So I’ve changed my tune and say is it worth a few ponies and the little extra cam sound to loose our sport we love and live for ? Nope I say :..
Many may not know but if you look at some of the tuner products coming out now and the fact they are really just a way of controlling the throttle and transmission shift points,it’s because the EPA is starting to force all manufacturers to make their coding for the ECM’s Encrypted and uncrackable going forward and nit provide the encryption as they have done in the past, as a way to fight those who aren’t following the rules..we only have ourselves to blame and hey I’ve done it too,so their plenty to go around..I know I’ve gone on but we also need to fight the EPA while following the rules and show the feds and the state legislators how much power we still have with out votes,and put pressure on them just as we are and do when they try to come for our guns..ok I’m done lol..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
434 Posts
Hey guys here’s my 2020 Hellcat Redeye.. “GOKU”

View attachment 565420 View attachment 565421

(Yes the banana is coming off) lol

As for the build, the car is currently set up on pump E85 that averages here Dallas near me around 83-87%.

Its primarily a street car that is sometimes raced at the track. (2 to 4 times a quarter) I’m not planing on taking it down to Mexico on a regular basis either if you catch my drift. Lol

The build process has already started by Bailys Hyperformance, I’m wanting to share data points of the journey here with the group.

View attachment 565422

As seen above the engine has already come out and we started the build in November, it will be a fully forged 426 stroker kit on the 6.2 Redeye engine.

The Build:
- 426 Stroker with forged Bolts, rods, pistons, and the crank.

- We are going with an upgraded cam (Bailys shop cam)

- We are porting the stock heads. Upgrading lifters, and all bottom end engine components.

- I went with the Magnuson TVS 2650 with upgrades to the front and rear cog pulleys. (I’ve also decided to go with the Big John Racing dual idler pulley)

- The car has a Legmaker Intake but adding a 108mm Kong Throttle body.

- Also adding a spacer to the blower intercooler.

- Running Kooks 3in SS Long tube headers, cat less mids, and exhaust. (Not sure what the back pressure will be as a 3in all the way back but I guess we’ll see)

- For fuel it hasn’t been fully decided yet because it’s based on our tuner but FIC 1700cc or 2000cc injectors. (No nitrous right now but it’s going to be added in the future)

- The fuel system that’s going to be ran is the FORE triple fuel pump system.

- With all of this air to combat heat, we’re going with a Stage two power chiller to upgrade the AC lines and factory power chiller and a 160 thermostat.

ALSO this might be over kill but it will have an ice tank in the trunk because I can’t be to

- The transmission is getting fully built to help out with all the extra torque, and we went with a 4 inch aluminum driveshaft rated up to 1400whp.

- As for the rear end, the subframe bushing have been upgraded front and rear, and performance development differential brace is covering the 3.09 gears.

- The axles have all been upgraded to 1400whp even though I’m sure at the track they may still break eventually.

- And Finally as for the Suspension, all control arms, and supporting has been upgraded to the fixed BWoody versions.

- The car WILL have a roll cage, rear seat deleted and 325/30r20 r888r Toyo’s while away from the track, and rolling Welds Racing Beedlocks 17x11 on 345 Mickey Thompson 50 inch side wall at the track.

Guys I’m so excited on this build and I can’t wait to share the end result. As I get more information I’ll do my best to share it along the way both here and Youtube. As said earlier, this car is being built by Chris over there at Bailys Hyperformance her in the DFW, Texas area and the tuning is being done by Curt Dusterhoff Tuning.

I have no freaking idea what this thing is going to make, however I’d like to be pushing on Race E85 at that 1400 whp and similar torque. The goal is fastest Redeye but I guess we’ll see. The car is about a month away from being done then the tuning should start.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their 2020, and let’s jump into this 2021 head first!
While this is pretty cool any news on a run ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
434 Posts
View attachment 571496
Car numbers?

-lower octane fuel
-less than 4000RPM

It’s that cause you haven’t aligned it,? As large negative camber ie isn’t great for a contact patch for street driving or straight line performance..great for road courses...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ok upfront I’m going to ramble on little little .about the EPA’s BS .:) It’s not going to be street legal period with no catts :..I’ve always been against emissions in my younger years as in the 80’s early 90’s emissions still effected the cars HP BUT today the factory provides the best High flow catts they ever have,& they don’t really effect HP EITHER DOES the rest of the emissions system .. especially when we can get an 800 hp car with emissions that work..now when you start bumping it up it effects it but the aftermarket has provided 100cel catts now which even in a car making 1400 Ho the losse down low is about 1-5hp and around 15-20 above 6000rpm..so ask your self is 15 hp on a 1400hp supposedly street car worth a 15k fine from the Epa ? I say hell NO ! ..the EPA is hitting tuners hard In the past couple yrs and even going to shops and forcing them to past tail pipe emission tests and while some cars without catts on E85 can pass it ,many or most tuned high HP CAMMED on pump gas can’t ..
So I’ve changed my tune and say is it worth a few ponies and the little extra cam sound to loose our sport we love and live for ? Nope I say :..
Many may not know but if you look at some of the tuner products coming out now and the fact they are really just a way of controlling the throttle and transmission shift points,it’s because the EPA is starting to force all manufacturers to make their coding for the ECM’s Encrypted and uncrackable going forward and nit provide the encryption as they have done in the past, as a way to fight those who aren’t following the rules..we only have ourselves to blame and hey I’ve done it too,so their plenty to go around..I know I’ve gone on but we also need to fight the EPA while following the rules and show the feds and the state legislators how much power we still have with out votes,and put pressure on them just as we are and do when they try to come for our guns..ok I’m done lol..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
It’s that cause you haven’t aligned it,? As large negative camber ie isn’t great for a contact patch for street driving or straight line performance..great for road courses...
Car is currently at the alignment shop. You have to put a tune in to drive it on the street, we just started the break in this way first.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
434 Posts
Well that’s not fair now ive got to pause “raging bull” it just got to his poor excuse for a dive..so I can watch “the whole fast in Texas thing” lol being. I live in Texas Aggie land :)...where you at ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well that’s not fair now ive got to pause “raging bull” it just got to his poor excuse for a dive..so I can watch “the whole fast in Texas thing” lol being. I live in Texas Aggie land :)...where you at ?
Nice man, up in Dallas Texas. The video wasn't much, just an idle video of the cammed 426 motor. I will be uploading the dyno video soon once we drop the final tune in.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
434 Posts
It’s got what looks like a drag run although I’ve nit watched it yet,my ex was chewing me out lol..16yrs later and I still hear it lol...

61 - 80 of 81 Posts