SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a 2019 brand new sitting on a dealer lot, it is the same spec as the 2020 I was looking at except a different color and the alcantara appearance package. Basically is worth paying the 10k extra for a newer year and alcantara? The 2019 has leather and in my eyes alcantara and leather are pretty similar so is the 10k extra for a newer year worth it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,598 Posts
Without knowing the actual prices for each we can't help.

Reactions: HellishCat

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I came across a 2019 brand new sitting on a dealer lot, it is the same spec as the 2020 I was looking at except a different color and the alcantara appearance package. Basically is worth paying the 10k extra for a newer year and alcantara? The 2019 has leather and in my eyes alcantara and leather are pretty similar so is the 10k extra for a newer year worth it?
If it is worth it for you then go for it.
Its only money!!!!!!
Ya cant take it with ya

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
I'd rather have the leather myself but I also hate the 2019 standard wide body wheels. What are we talking here? Hellcat? Redeye? Reason I ask is the standard wide body wheels have changed as well between those two years. In the end it's up to you really.
Edit: After seeing your prices I'm guessing standard body HC. I'd go with the '19 and save the cash. Same car, you'd be getting leather, same warranty, cheaper money.

Reactions: HaloCat and hansman

·
Registered
288 Posts
Make sure it’s all the updated dash and shit cause I can’t remember when but the new ones are quite a bit different from my ole” 15.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
855 Posts
2019! (As long as it is what you want.)

Maybe give us the details?

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,803 Posts
The difference of 10k between a new 2019 and a new 2020 = depreciation.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat A8
69 Posts
2019 without hesitation

Reactions: Big_E

·
Registered
343 Posts
10k less for basically the alcantara appearance pack. Warranty is the same (new) and really no difference in Model Year changes 2019 to 2020. Choice is easy = 2019. That 10k can go towards a lot of gas, tires, brake pads, oil changes, etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Think of it like having your insurance paid up for 5 years if you buy the '19 vs the '20. At least at my rate. Probably 10 years if you go with a Classic Car Insurer

Reactions: LMSkeff

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Make sure it’s all the updated dash and shit cause I can’t remember when but the new ones are quite a bit different from my ole” 15.
Yep.
I think the '17 started with the updated dash (Android Auto) I miss the most, was in my '17 ScatPak, not in my '15 HellCat. I really dont miss it that much though and would trade any day of the week for the power and updated suspension settings, 200+hp etc., etc., etc.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
107 Posts
2019 with the leather for sure. With the money you save you can get the hood wrapped and some sort of expel on the car. What are the differences in color? Post up some pics when you get it. Seems like a smoking deal.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts