SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after seeing how bad Q1 has been for Auto sales, I'm sure Q2 will be even worse. That said, do you guys think that Dodge would further incentivise leftover 19 hellcats? I currently have a deposit on a 19 waiting for the bank to clear that I sold my previous vehicle. Deal is 57k otd for a charger. Would it be smarter to hold off another month or even 2? Or do you all think it's not worth it?

·
Registered
274 Posts
57k for a Charger Hellcat brand new is a decent deal at this point. I'll add that if you like the 2019 I wouldn't wait given you might loose it. The 2019 IMO is the best model year currently given that it has the refreshed interior, the one-off model year grill update, still has power steering (If you prefer that to EPS), and isn't wide body (Some of us aren't a fan of the widebody). If you don't get a 2019 and want a new vehicle you'll be left with 2020's which are all widebody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Phenomenal interest requires a quick exchange with the market about where those provisions can emerge out of. That is much more slow in the event that you need to sort out physically as opposed to directing an open exchange with the commercial center on the web.

·
BMF
4,383 Posts
Wait it out the Bottom has yet to fall.
The Collapse is coming
Then it will be a Buyers Market.

Reactions: tkracing1

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,317 Posts
The 2019 IMO is the best model year currently given that it has the refreshed interior
Refreshed interior? Wonder what changed? Refreshed generally will mean all new dash, seat upgrades, shifter, basically everything. Think of 2014 to 2015 changes. I dont recall any refreshes after 2015. I also am not a Charger guy so there may have been a few changes that I havent followed with them but a refresh is usually something bigger than a slight upgrade. Also they wont refresh the Charger interior without also doing the Challenger and the Challenger hasnt changed since 2015.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
The Collapse is coming
It’s already a buyer’s market. Never have you been able to buy a new Hellcat for 5% below invoice and then slap a $7970 discount on top of that before. It’s here in case you havent noticed.

Reactions: ALongGuy

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Collapse is coming
On hellcats though? You think they'd drop a hellcat in the 40's? Bc I'm getting the car now for 54k technically bc I'm paying for the tax and fees.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Refreshed interior? Wonder what changed? Refreshed generally will mean all new dash, seat upgrades, shifter, basically everything. Think of 2014 to 2015 changes. I dont recall any refreshes after 2015. I also am not a Charger guy so there may have been a few changes that I havent followed with them but a refresh is usually something bigger than a slight upgrade. Also they wont refresh the Charger interior without also doing the Challenger and the Challenger hasnt changed since 2015.
2019 Chargers got higher quality dash/trim plastic that is soft to the touch and has a stitching in it. It’s not a massive update but it’s nice because that crappy hard plastic is no longer everywhere.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
2019 Chargers got higher quality dash/trim plastic that is soft to the touch and has a stitching in it. It’s not a massive update but it’s nice because that crappy hard plastic is no longer everywhere.
Nice. Maybe that was the equivalent to this years Challenger carbon fiber trim option. Although that is really just an upcharge option, not a standard upgrade like the Charger. Sounds like a much needed change.

·
BMF
4,383 Posts
SP
I was offered a 2020 89K Redeye last week for 22K off MSRP
Wait till June it will be 30K

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,823 Posts
So, after seeing how bad Q1 has been for Auto sales, I'm sure Q2 will be even worse. That said, do you guys think that Dodge would further incentivise leftover 19 hellcats?
Depends how many 19's are still out there. The OEM's consider dealers partners and at some point they will walk away and leave em stuck with them. There's still a few 18's out there and don't believe there's any FCA rebate on them. FCA gets paid by dealer either way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
626 Posts
The used market hasn't moved much. I've been looking at used low mileage 15-16s and they are still mostly in the mid 40s. There was a guy who had one for sale locally that was asking 42....he bumped it up to 45 lol. I'm not in the business but have heard anecdotally that wholesale auction values are down around 20 percent so it would seem retail prices would need to fall a similar amount to move cars?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
176 Posts
The used market hasn't moved much. I've been looking at used low mileage 15-16s and they are still mostly in the mid 40s. There was a guy who had one for sale locally that was asking 42....he bumped it up to 45 lol. I'm not in the business but have heard anecdotally that wholesale auction values are down around 20 percent so it would seem retail prices would need to fall a similar amount to move cars?
Look at how long many of those cars in the mid 40ks have been for sale. Most aren't going anywhere because the owners are not accepting the reality of the situation. CarGurus tells you how long a car has been listed and how many times the price has changed. Nice touch compared to Autotrader and the like. The $30ks are coming and coming fast.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
626 Posts
Look at how long many of those cars in the mid 40ks have been for sale. Most aren't going anywhere because the owners are not accepting the reality of the situation. CarGurus tells you how long a car has been listed and how many times the price has changed. Nice touch compared to Autotrader and the like. The $30ks are coming and coming fast.
I agree and will wait it out until that happens.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
The thing that keeps the value up slightly is the plethora of models below the Hellcat. Everyone waiting for the 30’s better not hold their breath. There are SP’s, R/T’s, SXT’s, along with about 5 or 6 other models thrown in that will all keep a cushion underneath the Hellcats. By the time they hit the 30‘s they’ll either have a ton of miles or be a modded out DIY clapped out ride with red wipers and green crap bolted all over under the hood.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
The thing that keeps the value up slightly is the plethora of models below the Hellcat. Everyone waiting for the 30’s better not hold their breath. There are SP’s, R/T’s, SXT’s, along with about 5 or 6 other models thrown in that will all keep a cushion underneath the Hellcats. By the time they hit the 30‘s they’ll either have a ton of miles or be a modded out DIY clapped out ride with red wipers and green crap bolted all over under the hood.
LOL

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
274 Posts
Nice. Maybe that was the equivalent to this years Challenger carbon fiber trim option. Although that is really just an upcharge option, not a standard upgrade like the Charger. Sounds like a much needed change.
That was a new part of the "Plus Group" option for 2019 (and continues for 2020)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I ended up getting it for 52k otd and I got a free year added on to the Mopar 3 year lease option protection plan for $1000 which I just threw my deposit on that lol. Honestly I didn't think it would get much lower later I mean I paid 57k for my 16 with 12k miles on it a few years back.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts