Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,295 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
Very nice vid. Simple and helpful.

I'm just starting to learn about some of these mods. Installing Bwoody CAI tomorrow assuming it arrives. Is this something I could add next? Looks like I just need to order the "BWoody Hellcat Anti-Slip idler Pulley" and then I need to get the belt, what belt should I get?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!Your running the 2.5 pulley?What size belt are you running?
I need to check the part number for you but its the belt that works with the 2.75 and 2.85" pulley,ill check tomorrow for you,thanks for checking out the vid.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice vid. Simple and helpful.

I'm just starting to learn about some of these mods. Installing Bwoody CAI tomorrow assuming it arrives. Is this something I could add next? Looks like I just need to order the "BWoody Hellcat Anti-Slip idler Pulley" and then I need to get the belt, what belt should I get?
If you are on the stock pulley then you probably dont need the bwoody idler pulley but you can always call Mike over at Bwoody Performance and he will let you know for sure.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
340 Posts
I need to check the part number for you but its the belt that works with the 2.75 and 2.85" pulley,ill check tomorrow for you,thanks for checking out the vid.
Kool.I am running the ATI lower and 2.65 upper but want to switch to the 2.5 upper.ordered the pulley as I already lost a belt(and tensioner's,both belts actually,alternator and a nasty divot in the supercharger:().

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,065 Posts
Kool.I am running the ATI lower and 2.65 upper but want to switch to the 2.5 upper.ordered the pulley as I already lost a belt(and tensioner's,both belts actually,alternator and a nasty divot in the supercharger:().

How did that happen? From the mods?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
525 Posts
Sizzle
Thanks for posting, how much boost are you seeing now running the 2.50 and the "bwoody idler pulley?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,715 Posts
Running a 2.65 pulley and stock lower pulley, is the anti slip idler recommended? I'd like to stay stick looking as possible. Then again, not many people have seen under the hood of a hellcat, so an additional pulley may not be a dead give away to most.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
Running a 2.65 pulley and stock lower pulley, is the anti slip idler recommended? I'd like to stay stick looking as possible. Then again, not many people have seen under the hood of a hellcat, so an additional pulley may not be a dead give away to most.
are you experiencing any belt slippage? any black dust around belt and supercharger snout?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,715 Posts
It's not on yet.
Guess I would rather strip down a belt than spin a crank I'm not going to pin....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
347 Posts
are you experiencing any belt slippage? any black dust around belt and supercharger snout?
I have a small amount of black dust around the snout and the belt is slightly black on the inside and outside edge. Does this indicate belt slip? I'm running the 2.75 and gates 572 belt.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
yes it does indicate slippage

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,715 Posts
Have y'all tried belt dressing?

It's a little messy, but, will stop the slip for a while. We use it on our big equipment.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
524 Posts
Have y'all tried belt dressing?

It's a little messy, but, will stop the slip for a while. We use it on our big equipment.
yea helps for about 2 dyno pulls, not a permanent fix.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts