SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
136 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Blkout, that's what I think too. Carbon fiber fenders, hood, rear deck-lid and maybe wheels too. Lightweight racing seats. I'm guessing it will be the same weight, or even lighter than the Z51. The C5 ZO6 had a shorter rear window, thinner glass too, and some other weight savers. GM has made fairly lightweight cars before. I predict it will destroy every Porsche out there: GT2, GT3RS, whatever.

Hey, I just sold my 2019 Challenger HC RE WB to Vroom. But I'm not getting the Corvette. I've already ordered another Challenger HC RE WB, in the color I want, with the 309 rear gear, no sun-roof, and the stock, but great looking wheels. I loved the one I sold to Vroom but I can't wait for the new car.

Droptopp, I'm 6'2" and fit just fine in a Corvette. I used to race in SCCA and still fit in the car with a helmet on and with the car fully caged.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts
Blkout, that's what I think too. Carbon fiber fenders, hood, rear deck-lid and maybe wheels too. Lightweight racing seats. I'm guessing it will be the same weight, or even lighter than the Z51. The C5 ZO6 had a shorter rear window, thinner glass too, and some other weight savers. GM has made fairly lightweight cars before. I predict it will destroy every Porsche out there: GT2, GT3RS, whatever.

Hey, I just sold my 2019 Challenger HC RE WB to Vroom. But I'm not getting the Corvette. I've already ordered another Challenger HC RE WB, in the color I want, with the 309 rear gear, no sun-roof, and the stock, but great looking wheels. I loved the one I sold to Vroom but I can't wait for the new car.

Droptopp, I'm 6'2" and fit just fine in a Corvette. I used to race in SCCA and still fit in the car with a helmet on and with the car fully caged.
They could do a titanium exhaust too like they did with the C5 Z06.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
I like it, I want one. I think they will start at least above $125k.
Hell, u can’t buy a regular C8 Convertible LT3 Z51 for less than 125k, NEW…….and list is only 90-95k, so I’d say u won’t touch a Z06 for under 160k

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
Hell, u can’t buy a regular C8 Convertible LT3 Z51 for less than 125k, NEW…….and list is only 90-95k, so I’d say u won’t touch a Z06 for under 160k
The only difference between a C8 and a C8 convertible is the top folds up on its own. The standard C8 has a removable top already.

And you can build/price a LT3 Z51 for about $80k from Chevy - the convertible is about 88k - ignore the current bs market pricing...

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
147 Posts
Nope Title of the thread is "C8 Z06 most powerful NA car in the world…"
And I agree there are other cars that make more HP, but I never said the Viper was the highest HP na car in the world just that 645hp is more than 618.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nope Title of the thread is "C8 Z06 most powerful NA car in the world…"
And I agree there are other cars that make more HP, but I never said the Viper was the highest HP na car in the world just that 645hp is more than 618.
Well, I left out V8 in the title but mentioned it in the original post.
The 2023 Z06 is supposed to be the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 when it releases.

·
Registered
335 Posts
In the NA world the key metric is HP/L...at 112 the new vette still lags behind the old honda S2000 at 120..and the current Porsche GT3 RS at 130...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,468 Posts
So I did not say anything about a convertible race car or ADM did I?

Just priced out a current 3LT Z51 plenty of options $88k.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts
That's just because of the ADM though, that will eventually go away and a Z06 should be under 100k well optioned.

·
Registered
In The Market
147 Posts
Sold my 2019 Hellcat for 67k on Saturday May 8th, Dealer that bought it got in a C8 Z51 LT2 on Wednesday May 12, called me to come look at it, it was pretty to look at, drove it and it was slow, cramped, and uncomfortable, Bought a 2021 Red-eye 5-14.

You may have better luck touting a Corvette on a Corvette forum, pretty sure they have them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
You may have better luck touting a Corvette on a Corvette forum, pretty sure they have them.
Well this is the General Automotive section...and it is a car that will absolutely demolish most if not all of the Hellcat variants... pretty sure it qualifies for General Automotive..

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,468 Posts
Well this is the General Automotive section...and it is a car that will absolutely demolish most if not all of the Hellcat variants... pretty sure it qualifies for General Automotive..
You been doing well. Where these threads go bad is comparing the car to a Hellcat. Hellcat has nothing to do with this thread,

21 - 40 of 54 Posts