SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,468 Posts
Sold my 2019 Hellcat for 67k on Saturday May 8th, Dealer that bought it got in a C8 Z51 LT2 on Wednesday May 12, called me to come look at it, it was pretty to look at, drove it and it was slow, cramped, and uncomfortable, Bought a 2021 Red-eye 5-14.

You may have better luck touting a Corvette on a Corvette forum, pretty sure they have them.
Same.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
879 Posts
That's just because of the ADM though, that will eventually go away and a Z06 should be under 100k well optioned.
Don't forget Chevy is claiming to close ICE production for them as well. So, you'll likely never see a price drop on any of the performance American V8s from any manufacturer anytime soon. Unless of course someone figures out how to make oversized golf carts desirable.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,468 Posts
I would rather talk about what a bargain these things are relative to about every referenced “supercar” or otherwise above. Oh, it may be a few ponies off. But a N/A engine in the low 609’s HP is a nice package. Dodge, or Chev, good job. If I could get a new Viper for that price, I would not even think twice. Make me a 3250 lb Challenger, I’ll buy it. So I have no guilt posting on a Dodge Forum. Race tested, even better IMO. I have busted normal stuff. I need race tested. I am not going to get one to drive to Church or to see relatives, that is for the comfortable Redeye. A C8 with a base engine keeps up with the best of a C7 on a course now, Add the power, enhance the platform in a few ways, and wow. The pro’s may get a bit better times with some exotics, but guys like us should be able to lap one of these with the best of normal people like us and not professionals and have a safe blast doing it.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
You been doing well. Where these threads go bad is comparing the car to a Hellcat. Hellcat has nothing to do with this thread,
Exactly. The only thing that is similar about the two is that they are ridiculously fast cars for cheap.... aside from that, might as well be a shotgun versus a missile...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sold my 2019 Hellcat for 67k on Saturday May 8th, Dealer that bought it got in a C8 Z51 LT2 on Wednesday May 12, called me to come look at it, it was pretty to look at, drove it and it was slow, cramped, and uncomfortable, Bought a 2021 Red-eye 5-14.

You may have better luck touting a Corvette on a Corvette forum, pretty sure they have them.
This is the General Automotive Forum, I’m not touting anything. If the C8 has 625hp it will in fact be the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 out there.

·
Registered
In The Market
147 Posts
I glad you Changed your title for this post, at least now you have a chance of being correct.
😁

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts

It may have felt slow because they do when they're brand new, ours did too when we first got it. I thought to myself for the first few months we owned it that its ok but underpowered and seemed to rev slowly, but after about 3K miles of break in, the C8 really opens up and feels quick. I can tell you from experience that the C8 would eat a hellcat alive to 100mph or from a dig because they just don't spin at all. They are also much quicker than they feel, only slightly slower than a Hellcat in the 1/4. They run low 11's at 121-123mph depending on where you read which is only 2-3mph slower than a Hellcat.

This is the General Automotive forum so all vehicle makes fit into this forum. I might suggest that if you don't want to read about vehicles other than the Hellcat to stay out of the General Automotive forum.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts
Don't forget Chevy is claiming to close ICE production for them as well. So, you'll likely never see a price drop on any of the performance American V8s from any manufacturer anytime soon. Unless of course someone figures out how to make oversized golf carts desirable.
Its a possibility, time will tell.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
212 Posts
Obviously the Hellcat and the Corvette are different vehicles. I love Corvettes. My email is, and has always been "bradsvette" for 30 years. That being said, I just ordered another Challenger HC RE WB because I sold my existing HC RE WB to Vroom and I'm waiting for it to be picked up right now. I ordered the exact color I wanted, and all of the options I wanted, and didn't order the sun-roof which my present, but soon to be gone, car has. I could have ordered a Vette, but I wanted the Challenger more than the Vette.

No doubt the Corvette is the better road-course car. But I don't race anymore and I don't even do HPDEs or lapping anymore. The HC RE WB is exactly what I want. I love doing burn-outs, I love acceleration, I love passing and then leaving traditional sports-cars in my dust. And unless the guy has a fair amount of racing experience, he won't be able to keep up with me through the corners in my RE anyway. Would I be quicker in a new Vette? I don't know. The RE is so forgiving in a "loose" or a "push" that I feel like it's not going to bite me when I force it into a slip angle. The Vettes have such high levels of cornering grip that you really can't push them hard enough on the public roads to find the perfect slip angle. And most people back off way before that.

I love the traditional muscle car look of the Challenger. The WB looks like a circa 1970s, Trans-Am series race-car. But I'm glad the new Corvette is so sexy and capable. But I want the Challenger HC RE WB more. If Joe Biden wasn't president, this would be a great time to be an American. Long live the HELLCAT!

·
Registered
In The Market
147 Posts
The roads were definitely less crowded that's for sure. The fact so many crackers drive my car is the only downside 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Haha

but can you drive it???? The Vipers were all trash driving until the last year made, 2017 I believe
Well, the C8R is a real thing, but I’m not sure how much people outside of GMHP can drive it? It supposedly has the detuned power plant that will be used in the new Z06.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,017 Posts
Haha

but can you drive it???? The Vipers were all trash driving until the last year made, 2017 I believe
...but the C8 is outstanding in its first year.

Reactions: BrakeFade
41 - 54 of 54 Posts