SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from extended travel. Really wasn’t expecting this. Just a 2 amp overnight trickle for good measure.
1ECCD640-27BA-487F-90D7-0F18001534DD.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lived in Denver for a couple years and had a 09 SRT Challenger that was $800 to register for a year. I was shocked when the lady told me the price. I was sure she had screwed something up in the computer because in Texas it is between $50-75 a year.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,498 Posts
I lived in Denver for a couple years and had a 09 SRT Challenger that was $800 to register for a year. I was shocked when the lady told me the price. I was sure she had screwed something up in the computer because in Texas it is between $50-75 a year.
Yes, but in Texas they ream our asses with no lube on Property Taxes!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
376 Posts
California was lower, but they added another increase in 2017. The 2018 repeal effort failed, largely due to misleading ballot wording by now former Attorney General Xavier Bacerra. He is the current nominee to the US Health and Human Services. The head of the HHS “serves as the principal advisor to the president of the United States on all health matters.”

An attorney with zero medical background to advise on all health matters...God help us.

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
983 Posts
Each state is different, my Superduty is about $650, so I imagine my Hellcat will be $750 or so. Harleys are around $150 and my 71 Grand Prix is .65 cents. Yearly. This is in Ky.

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger Hellcat
39 Posts
I think I’ll pay about $950 per year on my HC here outside Seattle. Granted most of ours is a “regional transit authority” tax which our county voted down and we still got forced in to.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
550 Posts
In New Jersey, you pay a set fee each year to "renew" your registration. I believe it was around $70 for the Hellcat.
Sales tax is collected at the time of sale, once.
No other vehicles taxes or fees besides the yearly renewal.
Yes, property taxes are high in New Jersey. Insurance is costly. Gas is relatively cheap and we don't pump our own gas, an attendant fuels your car.
Every state is different, and those that think it's cheaper in one state versus another forget about those little things like "personal vehicle taxes".

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,065 Posts
Could be worse...Here's a good list of total cost of ownership of a car by state (dated 2020)...

Looks like Wyoming is the highest, at a touch under $3000 per year...yikes!

Ohio looks like the low state, at $2241 / year. Surprisingly Illinois (where I live) is under $2300 / year too.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
384 Posts
$1800 for the first year in CO. It gradually decreases. This year it will be around $1200/$1300 I hope

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
I guess I can't whine about paying $122...for a two year registration.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
384 Posts
Wow. Over $1000 a year to register your car! Is this for a plate sticker? Do you have to purchase a city sticker as well?
Plate sticker. My wife's jeep srt was $1500. Still waiting on the dmv to catchup and send me registration my 2020 power wagon, guessing about $1500 too :(

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Back from extended travel. Really wasn’t expecting this. Just a 2 amp overnight trickle for good measure. View attachment 568731
Yep.
Cali is on the high side for everything. Premium 91 is at $4.00 a gallon in SoCal.
Maybe $3.50 @Costco..............
Energy futures have been slowly on the rise during the last week.
Get ready for "the recovery" kids.

We are in it as we speak.

Get in, hang on and stfu.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,042 Posts
122.95 for 2 years....gotta love Florida
I dunno. For $0.95 less I also don't have to deal with heat and oppressive humidity. Not to mention alligators and such.

Reactions: hansman

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,160 Posts
$85.00 a year for passenger vehicles, and $100.00+ for trucks depending on size/payload in WI. - And taxes keep slowly raising....

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
122.95 for 2 years....gotta love Florida
Nahhh. Way too much humidity for me. I think I will pay the SoCal sunshine tax😎

Reactions: Jimmy N.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts