Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,597 Posts
Let the moaning and groaning begin.

·
Registered
In The Market
770 Posts
Gruesome Newsom has lost his mind. This is proof. The greenies won’t let him maintain the forests. So the state burns down. Global warming shit. Half the electric cars (golf carts) are plugged into power from coal fired power plants. It’s all feel good bullshit. BAAAAD Orange Man! When cars are against the law, I’ll own cars. I’m gonna leave the gas cap off on the Coronet tonight so there.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
151 Posts
Just saw this and not exactly surprising for California. Considering this may impact interstate commerce, I would expect this would get challenged in court as unconstitutional under the commerce clause. :unsure:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This won’t effect , 20,000 square-foot mansions, private jet fleets , private yachts fleets. Or their commercial limo protection fleets. The people who write these laws don’t drive regular cars so it matters not to them. Just like the defund the police no guns crowd have private security with guns for protection.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ah.... Good ol Commiefornia... that state is run by idiots, voted in by mostly idiots, and most of them would cut off their nose to spite their face..... when you have a 1/3 section of the northern half that's actively trying to find ways to divide the state so they can leave it... I think that says all you ever need to know about a place...

Honestly, the whole state could fall into the Pacific and most of the US wouldn't even miss it..

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
At least you have the second amendment so when they are taking your children off to rape reeducation camps you can continue to do absolutely nothing about it. But with guns.

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
230 Posts
They also banned coal power plants and that goes into effect in a few years. My bet is whatever happens with that ban, will happen to the car ban. My bet, of course, is that it won't happen because they won't be able to deliver on green energy enough to actually power their state and nix it... then when it comes time to ban cars for EVs, they'll nix that too.

If this were such a DIRE environmental emergency, they'd have banned them already... and not waited 15 years to start addressing the emergency. This is called election pandering. "I passed this law! I probably won't be alive, when it goes into effect, and if I am, I'll move to Nevada." Thus, the poor saps in 15 years who are in office when it outlaws cars will rescind it to keep from losing their jobs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My question is how are they going to contain the wildlife outbreaks in 2050 as lithium ion batteries don't go out and if everyone has one in the garage and neighborhoods go up in smoke...

Not to mention how good is lithium for the environment sitting in a landfill...

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,997 Posts
There's so much wrong with this it is hard to know where to start.

Ok, here is it. It is a big distraction to take any focus away on the state government's total failure to properly manage its forests and to restrict people from living in said forests.

Also, I read news stories of people who lived in fire danger areas applied for permits to remove plant growth to reduce the fire hazard and the permits were not granted.

CA could go away entirely and it would not make one iota of difference on climate change. Climate changes over time has as far back as there are rocks to study to deduce what climate was like billions of years ago.

As recently at 14K years ago considerable portions of North America were covered by ice. It went away. Why? Climate changed. Why? No one knows for sure. Some believe it has something to do with the earth and its orbit around the sun along with the earth's changing tilt that over time could bring about an ice age but the ice ages and the orbit/tilt numbers do not always line up. There have been ice ages when the conditions indicated there should be a warm spell. And vice versa. It could arise in part in a slight change in sunlight emitted by the sun. Changes to land elevations can affect wind currents and thus affect weather and climate. Likewise changes to the sea floor can affect ocean currents which could affect weather and climate.

The ruling to ban gasoline powered cars/vehicles is just the incompetent governor trying to pull the curtain back to hide his incompetence from CA voters. Which if I know my CA voters and I think I do they would not recognize incompetent state government if it bit them on the ass. And it has -- black outs during the heat waves is one example.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Also, it's a move that is well-paid-for by the Chinese, who have a LOT of the world's lithium production, which is used in the batteries.

Make no mistake. Like everything done by the whores in California gov't, it is bought and paid for by anyone who is NOT American.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Gavin Nuisance is the most corrupt. His LLC just signed over a new $3.5 Million home to him, the asset magically appeared on his balance sheet 6 months ago. Clearly money laundering. Google it. We moved to Florida in May 2020 to get away from this shit: Homeless people everywhere, homeless people shooting up in public and crapping on the sidewalk., Police not allowed to enforce the law. . Mail in Ballots to everybody dead and alive who has ever been registered in the state. Gas prices are almost twice as high in the rest of the nation because of carbon tax. Roads crumbling. Electricity and Natural gas costs are twice the national average. Did I mention 13% state income tax rate? This is California's war against the middle class. Not what it used to be back in the 60s. or even in 2005. Beware this could be coming to your state too, as Gavin loves to say California does it first and sets the example for the rest of the country.

California Native now living in Florida and loving it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,997 Posts
Precisely why I don't live there,I like huge carbon footprints
The carbon foot print of an EV is not that small. Because of the effort needed to obtain the raw materials for the battery and to then refine these and make them into an battery an EV starts out with a pretty big carbon debt compared to a ICE vehicle.

In CA is is "rich" folks virtue signaling and taking advantage of tax incentives to buying EVs. I knew a number of EV owners in CA and every one was a well off (in some cases quite well off, as in multi-millionaire well off) person who could have easily afforded an EV with no tax incentive.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,285 Posts
Okay California dreamers including the Governor and others who are completely briefed on these facts.

Tell the world here just how you think that you are going to add SUBSTANTIAL load to the grid in the evening when your population gets home and plugs in their cars to recharge. Hell, forget the evening, I’ll give you until sunrise to tell me where the power will come from? Anyone who says batteries, please research lithium and the capacity/discharge times prior to responding. For everyone’s information this same state currently excludes hydropower in their plan!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts