SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all!
Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.
My Cat came with Black painted calipers, and I am going with a black and red trim look on my white knucle charger. I have a set of 5 spoke vapors, and think red calipers would give a nice pop. I have had the bodyshop also paint front nostrils in torred for me to match my engine dress up kit.
Has anyone had their calipers painted professionally, not looking to do a rattle can job, even though some of you guys have done a great job out there.
Thanks,
Gummy

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
Had mine Powder Coated Sublime. My buddy had his painted and used a high temp clear and they look just as good so both ways work just preference. Also you can go on Amazon and get SRT Hellcat caliper stickers for them so after painted/coated they can be put on before clear and is a nice touch.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
2yrs. ago was about 100 bucks each caliper. I had my rims PC'd Matte Charcoal and Calipers done in one shot was like 900 bucks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thank you for the info, I would love them to match ph3 (Torred), hopefully everyone has access to be able to factory match color (dont know much about powder coating lol)

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
That's the thing with Powder Coating compared to paint. PC's use Prism Powders which you can look up online and try to find the closest match. Mine being Sublime wasn't difficult. Painting can nail the color dead on with the paint code.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
usually, it would be for me too. But, in the area I live in, there are not too many people that I would trust to remove my brakes, paint and then reinstall them hahaha. Some of the other states I've lived in have had more options for performance vehicles, here, seems like finding 2 brain cells is difficult. There are places around here that specialize in exotics, and one in GT-R, but other than that, 👻

·
Registered
498 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't think the dealership will paint the calipers for you. Any collision shop should be able to do it and remove/reinstall brakes without issue.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could be wrong but I don't think the dealership will paint the calipers for you. Any collision shop should be able to do it and remove/reinstall brakes without issue.
The body shop at my dealership has been able to paint pieces for me in torred to have exact color match. It obviously is just not cheap lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts