SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you do a cam swap without removing heads? How many hours does that book out to?

Its the good ole gateway drug bc if I pull heads I'm swapping the blower so its rather a bigger question of pulley stock blower with cam or P&P heads and throw on a bigger blower? Than that leads to saying the heck and pulling motor and doing forged internals. I've gotta draw a line somewhere just not sure where that line ends up..

This is on my trackhawk the added weight makes it feel slow compared to my HC and the front wheels are robbing some power. I've already funded the project with heads and blower just having second thoughts. Not asking on the TH forum bc its too new so yes I am in the right forum. I've been on here for years and there are plenty of HC motor builds for input on my questions.

Thinking about pulling the whole motor selling it outright and starting from scratch. My budget is 20k thinking I could get X-amount for the old sump which helps fund and build a 411ci and allows for a bigger budget? The thing of it is the SUV is heavy both gross weight and being top heavy/weight distrubution.

Its also going to be my daily I work from home so not worried about mpg looking for a protrouring theme. Selling my NSX and don't want to give up the agility and wanting it all in one pkg.

Live in Dallas so traffic is like Baja 1000 I need the agility and passing power bc everything else on the road is a high-powered Benz or bimmer. There absolutely no lane discipline out here I need the power to get away from idiot situations when other cars start battling it out. Theres never just a 2 car accident its always a multi car pileup, Yes its come to this.. right lane cruising no longer safe..

Looking for a technical discussion not a philosophical one ppl want what they want and its not always the same thing..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge bought it back there was a casting obstruction in the water passage of the block and it would overheat. I bought the TH as a replacement and ordered a Widebody HC but cancelled as soon as I heard the '19 had changes. My deposit is already down to order a '19 as soon as the order books open later this year. I am trimming down the heard I sold my '16 Shelby GT350 and HC is gone now. My '01 Tahoe monster truck is being sold it no longer stops the idiots so I can't outsize them I need to out maneuver them. Also selling my '17 NSX it not worth the money the TH is almost as fast and with mods it will be. Going to pocket that money and the money spent on the TH build will come from the tahoe sale.

·
Banned
Charger SRT Hellcat
717 Posts
So I have ported heads and cam in my Hellcat Charger. I would tell you to save your money. No real performance gains really found from doing this on my car. If so it is minimal for the expense. I tell everyone stick with the stock S/C unless you have a real need to replace it. My stock S/C broke so that is why I now have a Whipple on my car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yes you can just did mine you need to spin the cam 2-3 revs to get lifters to sit in the lifter pockets. after rockers removed. I just the MMX no springs cam for the lope

1 - 11 of 11 Posts