SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

wondering if anyone can help? I’ve read multiple posts about which is the right part number for z23 or z26 brake pads.

I want to buy a full set both front and rear and I have a 2018 wide body Hellcat. When I attempt to purchase them on amazon, regardless of what I do it tells me that these parts will not fit my car. I know these pads can be used on the Hellcat (wide body).
Does anyone have a link or info to conclusively determine what is the GD part number for this car so that I buy the correct ones?

Thank god for this forum. Don’t know why it’s so complicated to determine what should be so simple, but so many sites. So much noise :mad: and so much contradiction.

any help very much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys. Ordered them now. Much appreciated

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,213 Posts
1405 is the front number and 1053 is the rear and just add the prefix for whatever pad you want, either Z23 or Z26. Same pads except the Z26 has a different backing for better heat resistance, the Z23 supposed to be quieter on the street. I have had Z23 for two years and am happy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
242 Posts
Have you noticed a difference in braking distance? I have heard these pads do not have the stopping force the Brembos have.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,213 Posts
Have you noticed a difference in braking distance? I have heard these pads do not have the stopping force the Brembos have.
I have not noticed any increase but I do not push my car to the limit. The 6-piston brakes are so overkill for the street that a slight decrease in brake pad friction I don't consider to be an issue. But make no mistake, these are street pads and should never be used on a track or heavy use, stay with the stock Brembos for that or use the PowerStop Track Day pads.

There is a video on YouTube that does show an increase in distance to stop and it increases with every stop and I can't argue with that. To me, they take some of the initial bite out of the pad and just make for smoother stops, but they still stop totally fine. The Brembos had a pretty good first hit. They also made the adaptive cruise control jerky whenever it had to squeeze the brakes, now with the Z23 it is nice and smooth.

So all depends what you will use the car for. Again, I only did this because of the 6-pistons, if I had 4-piston brakes I would have stayed with the stock Brembos.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Best mod I have done thus far. I have noticed a difference in how far I have to press the pedal (when hard braking). It’s not a drastic difference and I am fully confident in these pads on the street. They will make noise after a fresh carwash but it goes away within minutes. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,697 Posts
If you push your car hard and heat the rotors and pads up be prepared for serious brake fade.

These don't stop anywhere near the OEM pads once heated up.

Real world knowledge first hand. Had them on for 2 days and removed them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did go ahead with the z26 as I have on other cars. Personally I think they’re the best. Now that they’re on the Hellcat it’s the same as with my prior mustang. SILENT (no squeaks or squeals), wildly reduced brake dust, and braking that I can see no difference in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts