SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order is still in BA status and the dealer says the options cannot be changed and I know the members here are much more educated than the dealer. Is he telling the truth or is their still time?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
I changed mine when the car was in D1 status to eliminate the satin black hood. In BA status the dealer can change it. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
Here's the thing though. Normally you can change things. However from what I have read here an on the other forum is that since they LOCKED the system so no more orders can be made they can't make any changes to existing orders. Same system so no go until they start taking orders again.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
System is locked still can't change anything for now

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
I was able to get a change after system was locked. My dealer had to call FCA rep directly to get it done. Can't do it on dealer connect since 3/10...day they stopped taking orders.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
195 Posts
What Snappy said----I think this is being done to keep a dealer with a VON from a customer cancelled order from reconfiguring and basically being able to place a fresh order.....bypassing the closed order thing for 2015 model year.

I was able to get a change after system was locked. My dealer had to call FCA rep directly to get it done. Can't do it on dealer connect since 3/10...day they stopped taking orders.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
What Snappy said----I think this is being done to keep a dealer with a VON from a customer cancelled order from reconfiguring and basically being able to place a fresh order.....bypassing the closed order thing for 2015 model year.
Agreed...but I am thinking that some dealers will let the order just come on through. Some may be bogus and tell FCA that the customer cancelled when it arrived. Wonder if FCA does any follow up?...call cust. who cancelled. I would surely call FCA and tell them I cancelled at anytime BX-KZ.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
576 Posts
Can colors be changed prior to D status?

The dealership I'm working with says he can't do the Black Hood option. He can't change the color of the vehicle. All it has is a VON. Nothing near D status.

(The dealership put in 2 orders so they wouldn't lose their allocation)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
Can colors be changed prior to D status?

The dealership I'm working with says he can't do the Black Hood option. He can't change the color of the vehicle. All it has is a VON. Nothing near D status.

(The dealership put in 2 orders so they wouldn't lose their allocation)
My understanding is that orders can be changed in BX. If done, then the order will revert back to BG for a week or so, then back to BX. D orders might be changeable, but would have to be done between dealer and FCA rep. D1...set in stone. Personally, if its in D...don't mess with it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,613 Posts
i changed options on mine when it was in BX and it went to BX immediately. I even got a printout right after making the change and it said BX.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
i changed options on mine when it was in BX and it went to BX immediately. I even got a printout right after making the change and it said BX.
Good to know. My dealer did an option change on my BX back in early March. It went to BG for a week, then back to BX. My dealer said any changes to a BX...good order...usually goes back to BG...to be rechecked ...before being good at BX again. Was this a recent VON?...date?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,613 Posts
Good to know. My dealer did an option change on my BX back in early March. It went to BG for a week, then back to BX. My dealer said any changes to a BX...good order...usually goes back to BG...to be rechecked ...before being good at BX again. Was this a recent VON?...date?
This was recently in march or so

Reactions: Snappycat
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.