SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Car cover

12K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  WideCat21 
#1 ·
Wow!

There has to be some better options for Canadians out there.

I am assuming this is the cover craft cover on the US site.
Form-Fit® Indoor Custom Fit Car Cover

Over 600 bux? Really? Anyone have a cover for the charger Hellcat out there?

#6 ·
I use a Cover Craft Block-It Evolution Cover. I know if may not be the BEST choice for an indoor cover, but I had one on my Charger for 5 years and never had an issues with messing up the paint - so I bought 1 for the Hellcat. It does have a soft inner layer and again - zero issues.

For me, the 4 layers for protection from door dings, people walking by, kids bikes falling over, etc. while in the garage was more important than what a big buck indoor cover would perhaps do - they simply are too thin for my situation.

#7 ·
I use a Cover Craft Block-It Evolution Cover. I know if may not be the BEST choice for an indoor cover, but I had one on my Charger for 5 years and never had an issues with messing up the paint - so I bought 1 for the Hellcat. It does have a soft inner layer and again - zero issues.

For me, the 4 layers for protection from door dings, people walking by, kids bikes falling over, etc. while in the garage was more important than what a big buck indoor cover would perhaps do - they simply are too thin for my situation.

I wanted a satin stretch from cover king... went on website to order.... wouldn't work for canada... called.. was on phone for over half hour with a csa... still NO JOY! he couldn't make it work and then to boot was charging me over 100 bux more than the web price... coz its "retail pricing" when you call... Makes me crazy,, but a damn nice looking cover... should be 399USD sigh.

#14 ·
I just received my cover from Mopar and it does NOT fit, and rest assured I tried every which way, the issue is from the mirror pockets to the front air dam, it won't pull down, Mopar assured me the only have one cover for both 2015-2016 year model, a salesman informed me the 2016 has a different front nose, not sure about that, pics taken , calls made awaiting a replacement, was told to let it sit in the sun, or put it in a bucket of cold water, hmmmm maybe I should stand on one leg, and turn around three times and say the magic word and Presto !!!!!!! it fits.... Any one else having this issue with a Mopar cover?

#15 ·
Autoanything dot com has all Covercraft covers on sale for 10% off. lots of styles available
Free ship

#21 ·
I ordered the Satin Stretch from Coverking. It seems to be a very well made cover. They are custom made to order for your car, has the cotten liner and very soft. But had to order it from the US and pay the exchange rate and shipping which brought the price up. The problem is us Canadians have no selection on accessories in Canada and therefore no choice but to shop over the border and pay the extra fees. Part of the game I guess.

Reactions: blaze
#24 ·
I ordered the Satin Stretch from Coverking. It seems to be a very well made cover. They are custom made to order for your car, has the cotten liner and very soft. But had to order it from the US and pay the exchange rate and shipping which brought the price up. The problem is us Canadians have no selection on accessories in Canada and therefore no choice but to shop over the border and pay the extra fees. Part of the game I guess.
B5: what was the item or SKU # on the Satin Stretch cover you ordered? I'd like to get the cotton liner as well ... Thanks.

#27 ·
Were you able to navigate through there site and build your custom car cover? Sometimes you can also have Mopar related logos(Dodge,SRT, etc) put on the front of the cover, I could not get any at he time because of there licensing agreement had expired. You might be able to do it now.

#25 ·
Its called the Indoor Satin Stretch custom car cover. If you go to there website and click on the custom car cover link, scrool down and you will see the satin stretch link and then you can custom build your cover from there.

#26 ·
Okay, thanks.

#29 ·
I just bought the Ultimate Shield car cover from carcovers.com:

2016 Challenger Dodge Car Covers

They are $150 US, free shipping but I did have to pay brokerage/duty fees. I cost me $265CDN total. It has 5 layers (with a fleece lining) and it fits nicely.

#41 ·
I just bought the Ultimate Shield car cover from carcovers.com:

2016 Challenger Dodge Car Covers

They are $150 US, free shipping but I did have to pay brokerage/duty fees. I cost me $265CDN total. It has 5 layers (with a fleece lining) and it fits nicely.
hemicat how did you like the cover from Carcovers?

#30 ·
Corvette America - Online Catalog

All, about a year ago I purchased black onyx indoord car cover for my 50th Anniversary Corvette Convertible. I absolutely love the form fit and how soft it is. It's made of a "poly blend that includes Lycra/Spandex to create the perfect combination of satin-like exterior feel with a luxuriously soft underside to pamper your vehicles finish."

Amazingly, they sell the same type of cover for the Challenger! I couldn't believe it, so I ordered one up just now. They're even on sale if you use the promo code. Normally $169. 12% off with the promo code "TTOPC3"

Just sharing as these covers are soft look great and are reasonably priced.

#37 ·
Corvette America - Online Catalog

All, about a year ago I purchased black onyx indoord car cover for my 50th Anniversary Corvette Convertible. I absolutely love the form fit and how soft it is. It's made of a "poly blend that includes Lycra/Spandex to create the perfect combination of satin-like exterior feel with a luxuriously soft underside to pamper your vehicles finish."

Amazingly, they sell the same type of cover for the Challenger! I couldn't believe it, so I ordered one up just now. They're even on sale if you use the promo code. Normally $169. 12% off with the promo code "TTOPC3"

Just sharing as these covers are soft look great and are reasonably priced.
Please let us know how you like this cover. Thx-

#39 ·
Furniture Bed Mattress Room Bed frame
I finally picked up my cat on Friday! I really love it! I've been thinking about getting a Challenger for years but the Hellcat really enticed me ;)

Just wanted to update with a pic of the cover on the car. This seems like a great indoor cover for the price. Fits like a glove and is very soft.

#40 ·
Sort of in line with this thread - have any of you come up with an easy way to install with one person? I take my car to the airport parking (indoors) and I go to install the cover, and it slides all over the place due to the wax finish on the car. It seems like I have to get the cover installed on one mirror, go over across the top to the mirror on the other side, and then stretch the cover to the front and back. And taking the cover off - I just get it into the truck until I can take it home, lay the cover on the carpet, and then fold/roll until I can get it back into the gym bag so that everything is neat in the truck once again.

There has to be a better way.

#42 ·
I have not used it much because it is summer but I test fitted it and it seems fine. It doesn't have those extra pockets for the mirrors (which I like) and it wraps the entire car pretty well. The fleece inner lining could have been thicker but for the price, I am happy.

Reactions: blaze
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.