SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What car cover does everyone like for indoor storage? Mostly going to be used for six months inside my garage while in winter storage.

I like the Mopar one getting the hellcat logo. I had one for my last scat pack charger. Seemed like it did a good job for dust. Leaning towards that one.

I also read that coverking satin stretch is recommended or is it worth upgrading to the Autobody armor for a little more to get outdoor capabilities if I ever needed them?

Anyone like the California superweave?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
The Mopar is a better looking cover with the logo and all but the Duststop offers much better impact protection. I sold my Mopar one when I got the Deststop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Mopar is a better looking cover with the logo and all but the Duststop offers much better impact protection. I sold my Mopar one when I got the Deststop.
Car is stored where impact isn’t an issue. Does the Dustcover offer anything else better than the Mopar?
I also don’t see the duststop anywhere anymore.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
I’m referring to little incidentals like for example bumping your garbage pail into it wheeling it into the garage, or if a broom handle bangs against it. The Mopar cover is a thin nylon material. It probably offers rain protection but not much else imho. Maybe try here:
Sorry for the spelling error...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m referring to little incidentals like for example bumping your garbage pail into it wheeling it into the garage, or if a broom handle bangs against it. The Mopar cover is a thin nylon material. It probably offers rain protection but not much else imho. Maybe try here:
Sorry for the spelling error...
Ok thanks. I’ll check this out and the CoverKing. They both look like good options. I just like the Mopar one having the logo, ha.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
Yea, I get it but its material is thin. My car is garaged as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah. I had the Mopar one for my Charger scat pack. I didn’t think it was that bad so wanted to see what others thought that had a different brand and also had the Mopar one.

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
165 Posts
I’ve got I think it’s a budge 5. Got it originally for my 74 roadrunner. It’s the higher end one with a super soft cotton interior. Exterior repels water and its way nicer than the normal one ply thin covers out there. The nice fluffy cotton is soft against the car and adds added insulation against the elements. Give her a full detail back it in the garage and cover it, it’ll be good for 6 months no prob.

I store desicant in my cars, in the back foot wells andseat corners and in the door panel cup holders. Keeps the interior really nice and dry

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
The factory Mopar covers look nice, but are a little thin for me. I've bought several Covercraft Covers that I've been satisfied and have a 380 for the Hellcat. Thicker, more protection for the accidental bump.

Hellcat on the right. Decent fit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
Covercraft are the best covers on the market. You are able to design it for your car in terms of dust and impact resistance, softness and so forth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts