SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Not here! Mine is my daily driver all year. However, I do tend to drive the Miata more in Spring & Summer for obvious reasons. The Miata will be put away for winter & the winter wheel & tire setup will go on the Hellcat soon, though.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have another month. I do a thorough clean and put the cover on it. Once it gets so cold I don’t like to pull it out of the garage because it could get filthy and then it might be too cold to wash so I would have to stare at a dirty car for 3 months.
lol wtf? Use rinseless wash. I pretty much use it all year b/c it's so much easier & more convenient.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
76 Posts
Here in Southern CT, the leaves are finally starting to change. I have at least 2 more months before I can even think about putting them away.
A few miles north of you...had my cat out today...still some favorable days for us coming up

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
63 Posts
Mine will be getting tucked away here soon. Colder weather will be sitting in soon here in Southern Illinois
20190703_224939.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,571 Posts
Here in Southern CT, the leaves are finally starting to change. I have at least 2 more months before I can even think about putting them away.
Yup, same here on LI. I'll go into December if the roads have not yet been salted. After the first snow the cars get laid up, summer tires removed, detailed, and oil changed.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not me :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
lol wtf? Use rinseless wash. I pretty much use it all year b/c it's so much easier & more convenient.
It all depends on where you live. Rinseless washing would never cut it in the winters we get. Then there's the salt. In a couple of weeks there will never not be salt on the roads here until next April...sometimes till mid May. In a month or so, most all subdivision / side roads will be snow covered till spring. Our HC would never even make it up our very slight incline 45' driveway. Finally, I'd much rather run through a touchless wash and finish drying it at home than the hassle of the rinseless process. To each his own :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It all depends on where you live. Rinseless washing would never cut it in the winters we get. Then there's the salt. In a couple of weeks there will never not be salt on the roads here until next April...sometimes till mid May. In a month or so, most all subdivision / side roads will be snow covered till spring. Our HC would never even make it up our very slight incline 45' driveway. Finally, I'd much rather run through a touchless wash and finish drying it at home than the hassle of the rinseless process. To each his own :)
Plenty of snow & salt here It cuts it just fine. Hit up a car wash to get the undercarriage...

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,075 Posts
Mines all put away. I live in Chicago area but hunting season has started so by the time I get around to driving her again I would be the end of November. So battery tender is in and tires aired up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what PSI did you bump it up to?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Plenty of snow & salt here It cuts it just fine. Hit up a car wash to get the undercarriage...
I'm guessing not near the snow or cold or maybe even salt? PA is way south of here. Apples and oranges. No comparison. We'll typically have a 100 inches of snow by the end of the year or early January. Car washes freeze up here in the cold weather. None have infloor underbody nozzles...only the side blaster set up. Lots of electronics on a HC to get buggered up by corrosion from salt damage. It's not possible to keep all the salt off a vehicle's underside here in the winter...or body for that matter.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts