SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded a 19 scat on a 18 hellcat. Does the 2018 hellcat have car play?

I plug my phone in, it charges, connects as a USB device, but the bottom right phone icon on the screen doesn't flip over to car play. For the life of me cant get it to work, starting to think, does the 2018 NOT have car play? I've tried 3 different cords(one being apple). Pull the fuses, even pulled the negative cable for 3 hours. Still no car play.

any incite?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
I presume you have the app downloaded on your phone... If so, does your phone display an error code like "communication error 8" or anything?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
I do have the app installed never use it though. Usually I plug phone in and goes right into Android Auto.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
373 Posts
sometimes mine won't automatically launch CarPlay. I have to go to the apps on the center screen and tap the CarPlay icon for it to connect.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,077 Posts
sometimes mine won't automatically launch CarPlay. I have to go to the apps on the center screen and tap the CarPlay icon for it to connect.
mine, it seems to always tell me to unlock my phone to enable CarPlay after I plug it in.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ahve carplay in both my other cars and it works flawless. So its not a phone issue. Also tried my wifes in the HC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Unlock your iPhone before connecting the cable. CarPlay would not work on my 2018 Hellcat until I found out about unlocking the iPhone. My car has the same behavior described here when the iPhone is connected while locked... no CarPlay icon or functionality.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,154 Posts
Make sure Siri is active, otherwise it won’t work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Siri active

Phone unlocked.

3 different cables

2 different iphones

reset radio

ive done it all lol. Goes to the dealer next week, Im also missing some Sirius XM channels, and after XM reseting my signal they are still missing. Starting to lean towards a head unit failure i think,

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Just traded a 19 scat on a 18 hellcat. Does the 2018 hellcat have car play?

I plug my phone in, it charges, connects as a USB device, but the bottom right phone icon on the screen doesn't flip over to car play. For the life of me cant get it to work, starting to think, does the 2018 NOT have car play? I've tried 3 different cords(one being apple). Pull the fuses, even pulled the negative cable for 3 hours. Still no car play.

any incite?
Hi,

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,814 Posts
First year for CarPlay and Android Auto was 2017 and it was standard equipment on all SRT and Hellcats.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car has play play. Just doesn't work.

Sealer is ordering a whole new radio for me. Will report back, have zero confidence in inspecting dealer

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,298 Posts
Reactions: Chancey
1 - 16 of 16 Posts