SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
well...…..it was my front splitter. Brakes are fine- tires and wheels are good. My ZL1 addons front splitter was warped very badly in the front. Above certain speeds I guess it would try to force down too much. Now I need a new brand front splitter.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
118 Posts
well...…..it was my front splitter. Brakes are fine- tires and wheels are good. My ZL1 addons front splitter was warped very badly in the front. Above certain speeds I guess it would try to force down too much. Now I need a new brand front splitter.
Glad you found it. That’s interesting that the splitter would cause that issue. The science of thin plastics and aerodynamics, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I now have a 2016 SRT 392- Torred- I love it. It is my 3rd SRT. I have never had this issue before, so about 80mph you can start to feel a slight shaking or vibration, I guess, but when you get past 100mph the whole car (what it feels like) just starts shaking and banging around. I have replicated it 3 times and it feels like its coming from the front, mostly. The car literally feels like its jumping up and down on the road making the worse noise ever, it sounds like my suspension is just slapping around. My car just hit 15k miles and I bought it with 6k miles on it. It has done it with 2 different sets of SRT wheels on the car BOTH which have new tires mounted on them. The dealership said my suspension is fine, but my rotors are "shimmed" from how i drive and that's the issue....this is my DD and I do not track it, but I don't drive it like a old lady either.....they said I need to replace the brakes and the warranty for those stops at 12k miles .... I order some pads and rotos online and are waiting to get them, because the dealer tries to charge way too much for these brakes. I don't have any videos of it, I plan to mount my GoPro on the car and see what I get. Any ideas or suggestions? I thought wheels/tires but ive changed since and it still does it.
Hey, I purchased my 2019 Charger Hellcat brand new with only 6 miles on it. The car had a vibration once I passed 68-70mph and always pulled to the right. I returned the car a week after my purchase to see what was going on. I’m only going to write the highlights of what I went through, condense version... After holding my car for 2 days. The dealer called and said everything was fine after they repaired it. Well, my car went back 4 times within 2 months. Out of the 3 months I owned the car, the car was at the dealer for 2 of those months. The 3rd time they had someone from SRT repair the car. At least that’s what they said. It never got any better and the pulling to the right even got worst. The chief mechanical at the dealer actually had the balls to tell me that all cars pull to the right and that was normal. He actually said this with a straight face. As if this was my 1st car ever owned. The dealer didn’t know what else to do. I actually went and purchased 4 new Michelin cup-4 tires with SRT approval. They actually reimbursed me. The cars shaking got 40-50% better but the issue still there. After many sleepless nights trying to figure WTF is going on. I finally realized that the front passenger wheel had a major camber issue. There was literally a 1” difference between the other side and the punch line is the fact that the OEM control arms are not adjustable. Anyway, I ended up getting rid of the vehicle after 3 months. I’d rather loose the $10-$12k then to go through hell with the lemon law. People think it’s simple but it’s a major pain in the ass. I promised myself I will never buy another Dodge again, and that’s a damn shame because I truly loved my car. I was left with a bad taste in my mouth after spending $72k...Good luck with yours. Check your camber. I would without a doubt start with your suspension. Believe me, it has nothing to do with breaks. If it was your breaks you’d only feel it when breaking. Be safe!!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
379 Posts
I'm kinda leaning towards upper/lower control arm damage of some kind. The whole banging thing seems to me like one of the front wheels isn't secured properly. I would think this would be evident in the tire wear as well (likely cupping).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts